Windows 10: Remote Mic not working in Metro Version of Remote Desktop

Discus and support Remote Mic not working in Metro Version of Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to remotely manage the systems required to livestream our church service from home. I have a computer with Windows 10 Pro at the church.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ggvngg, Mar 29, 2020.

1. ggvngg Win User

Remote Mic not working in Metro Version of Remote Desktop

I am trying to remotely manage the systems required to livestream our church service from home.

I have a computer with Windows 10 Pro at the church. It is hard-wired to our sound-board, through a mic jack.

When I'm at church operating the computer directly, everything works properly. When I try to remote in using the Metro App Remote Desktop downloaded from the Microsoft App store, I lose the microphone.

I see a setting

Remote Mic not working in Metro Version of Remote Desktop c363d527-1be1-492a-bc39-4f6092eb2aeb?upload=true.png

If I flip that setting at the bottom, that will be the local mic on the computer I'm remoting from, not the computer in the church, right?

So, how do I get the mic from the church?

:)

ggvngg, Mar 29, 2020
  2. joerango Win User

Remote Desktop App not working

I am using the non-metro (old-style) Remote Desktop client to remotely access a VirtualBox VM (using the remote display option). This works perfectly fine. I am not able to use the new Remote Desktop Metro app to connect to the same machine.

I am running Windows 10 home on my client machine. To summarize: The server is perfectly fine and it works well with the old remote desktop client application. My problem is with the new Remote Desktop App. It stays on 'Initiating remote connection' then
    fails with the error 'Can't connect to remote PC'. I have tried both version of the metro app, the one that came with windows 10 and the new preview version. Both don't work.

What's wrong with the new metro style RDP client?

joerango, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Mar 29, 2020
  4. ShiBDiB Win User

Remote Desktop not working

First off, im unbanned wooo

I'm trying to use logmein pro to get windows remote desktop setup for my main computer back home, its 8.1 pro and the remote desktop option in the computer properties is activated. (Also the remote port has been changed in the reg as I have a home server that I remote to as well which works fine). All ports have been forwarded and there's no firewall issues.

The issue is I just completely cannot connect to it using remote desktop. Is this due to logmein being installed? I don't want to uninstall it to test my theory and then be completely cutoff from the pc for 2 months if I'm wrong.

ShiBDiB, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Remote Mic not working in Metro Version of Remote Desktop - Similar Threads - Remote Mic working

2. Remote desktop connection not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop connection not working: Hi I am trying to connect my home laptop to a work laptop my User account is the admin on both laptops via the Remote desktop connection. I am able to connect remotely under the same network work wifi, but still trying to find a way to connect when under different networks....
  3. Remote Desktop not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop not working: I can’t make the thing working I have it turned on the remote dektop and I have the pro version of system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-not-working/5a5525e9-ec3b-4d9d-87ea-6a3b12fabf6e
  4. Remote Desktop not working

Remote Desktop not working: I can’t make the thing working I have it turned on the remote dektop and I have the pro version of system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-not-working/5a5525e9-ec3b-4d9d-87ea-6a3b12fabf6e
  5. Remote Desktop Connection not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection not working: I'm trying to connect my PC to my IOS device using remote desktop connection but I cant seem to connect, it's saying that there is already an active console connection even though there isn't. Any fix for this?...
  6. Remote Desktop Mic Issue

Remote Desktop Mic Issue: I'm remoting into my desktop at work. Currently using a laptop with a docking station and 1 monitor. When I'm still in my remote session and I'm on a teams meeting, users are unable to hear me. When I check the sound settings, it does not detect the mic on my laptop. Sound...
  7. Remote Desktop not working

Remote Desktop not working: i can get Remote Desktop to work at home when the laptop client is inside my wifi zone but when i leave the building and leave my network my laptop cannot make a connection. am I getting blocked by the Arris TM822 or the Orbi RBR 50 or both. Should i forward the 3389...
  8. Remote Desktop Not Working

Remote Desktop Not Working: So this all happened since yesterday. before that everything was working normal and no issue were reported. My PC is not connecting my VPS1 & VPS2 , where i had installed Windows Server (12 and 19) for running apps. I also have a VPS3 with Windows Server 12 installed on...
  9. Remote Desktop Not Working

Remote Desktop Not Working: Dear Windows,, I am using windows 10 home edition.After windows update I can not do remote desktop I install -- Windows 10 Home Single 64 bit version Please advice how to resolve this.. [img] 114406
  10. Remote Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote Desktop Not Working: Dear Windows,, I am using windows 10 home edition.After windows update I can not do remote desktop I install -- Windows 10 Home Single 64 bit version Please advice how to resolve this.. [img] 114406