Windows 10: Remote overnight power up of PC.

Discus and support Remote overnight power up of PC. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We run Windows 10 on a HP Desktop PC. Last night we powered down the Desktop and switched off the Monitor. This morning we found the Desktop and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EricWilson1, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Remote overnight power up of PC.

We run Windows 10 on a HP Desktop PC. Last night we powered down the Desktop and switched off the Monitor.

This morning we found the Desktop and Monitor powered up and the login screen displayed, presumably by an outside agency..

How did this happen? Can Microsoft power up a PC remotely, for example when carrying out updates?

We are very concerned..

:)

EricWilson1, Sep 15, 2020

2. Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

I had tried both of those steps. Neither worked. I have a replacement power supply on order. Should be here on Monday. Thanks for the suggestions.

musiclover7, Sep 15, 2020
  3. RuskinF Win User
    Remote Access

1. Follow these steps to disallow remote access to your PC completely:
    2. 1. Type “remote settings” into the Cortana search box. Select “Allow remote access to your computer”. This may seem counter-intuitive, but this opens the Control panel
      dialog for Remote System Properties.
    3. 2. Check “Don't Allow Remote Connections” to this Computer. You've now disabled remote access to your computer.

Try these two steps and tell us if your issue gets solved. If it does not then your PC may be infected. Use a Good antivirus to remove the infection from your device completely.

RuskinF, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Remote overnight power up of PC.

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Remote overnight power up of PC.

1. Remote overnight power up of PC. - Similar Threads - Remote overnight power

2. PC Overnight having massive problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Overnight having massive problems: Hello, I am an online gamer, and have a beast of a PC that shouldn't be having any issues. Seemingly overnight, I ran into some pretty severe problems. I attempted to load into a game, and got a black screen, permanent loading screen, and had to end of force shutting down...
  3. PC Overnight having massive problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Overnight having massive problems: Hello, I am an online gamer, and have a beast of a PC that shouldn't be having any issues. Seemingly overnight, I ran into some pretty severe problems. I attempted to load into a game, and got a black screen, permanent loading screen, and had to end of force shutting down...
  4. PC locks up overnight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC locks up overnight: my computer locks up overnight I have to hold the on/off button for 2 minutes then it loads but won't come on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-locks-up-overnight/b863fe6e-627e-4a70-a777-ed8c71925d90
  5. PC locks up overnight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC locks up overnight: my computer locks up overnight I have to hold the on/off button for 2 minutes then it loads but won't come on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-locks-up-overnight/b863fe6e-627e-4a70-a777-ed8c71925d90
  6. PC locks up overnight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Wake up A PC remotely

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wake up A PC remotely: hi i am asking is there is build in feature in windows no third party software to start a computer if its shut down remotely either from same network or from home. regards...
  8. PC Restarting Overnight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Restarting Overnight: Hi, looking for some advice on my PC. It has been restarting of its own accord intermittently over the last few nights. I've checked Update and it doesn't look like there have been Windows updates put through on either night. I'm running Windows 10 on a desktop PC and...
  9. Windows 10 Power & Sleep settings and scheduled overnight backups

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Power & Sleep settings and scheduled overnight backups: To all, For many years going back to Windows XP days and a few different backup softwares going back to NTBackup and now Acronis, I have been running scheduled overnight backups 2 nights a week. I run 2 different backups with a gap of about 1 1/2 hours between them just in...
  10. Power up the pc - need to restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Power up the pc - need to restart: This has been going on for some time now. I power on the pc. When it comes up and I click on a browser in the Desktop, the tabs don't work properly (they close when they should open), minimize and maximize don't work, etc. I resolve it by doing a Restart. Then everything...