Windows 10: Remote PC keeps randomly rebooting when idle; can't see screen, no memory dumps being...

Discus and support Remote PC keeps randomly rebooting when idle; can't see screen, no memory dumps being... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have a PC at a remote location and have no way of seeing the physical screen. Since the 2004 (May 2020) update which I took on June 25th, the PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MoreOrLessCorrect, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Remote PC keeps randomly rebooting when idle; can't see screen, no memory dumps being...

So I have a PC at a remote location and have no way of seeing the physical screen. Since the 2004 (May 2020) update which I took on June 25th, the PC has been crashing about 1-2 times per day, always at idle, and random times in the day.

The only indication of a problem in the Event Log is a system Kernel-Power 41 event (The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.) Literally no other app or system activity in the 30 minutes+ leading up to the sudden reboot.

I do not know if it's blue screening, black screen, etc. I have no physical access to the PC, so I am trying to diagnose remotely.

Biggest problem is, there is no memory dump being created (seemingly). I have tried mini dump and automatic memory dump. I have tried default page file settings, moving the page file to another drive, etc. Still no memory dump being created.

Wondering if there are any other ways anyone can think of to diagnose what is causing the crash? Keeping in mind I cannot get into the bios, run any pre-Windows boot tools, etc. Also have no option to roll-back to pre-2004 because the update was > 10 days ago.

EDIT: No hardware or software changes since the 2004 update and the problem starting. Updated to latest NVIDIA drivers 2 days ago to see if that was the problem, but reboots continue. Ryzen 1600X + ASRock B350 + 16GB DDR2933 + GTX1070 + 970 EVO 2TB NVME.

submitted by /u/MoreOrLessCorrect
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MoreOrLessCorrect, Jul 16, 2020

2. What Is Memory Dump?

No. Memory dump and being low on memory are entirely two different things.

Dump file, as the name suggests is a copy of what was in your RAM when your system crashed with a Blue screen of Death.

If your system is low on memory, you might need to add RAM to the device. How much RAM is currently installed?

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Surface Pro Kernel Memory Dump When It Turn On Every time!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As the dump file is kernel memory dump file. Please note that it records only the kernel memory. This speeds up the process of recording information in a log when your computer stops unexpectedly. You must have a pagefile large enough to accommodate
    your kernel memory. The page file must be on the boot volume. Otherwise, a memory dump cannot be created. Before we provide any suggestions, I would like to confirm few things:

1. Could you please elaborate the statement: I got a very strange thing my Surface Pro Memory Dump when I turn on it everytime, but It don't happen if I just reboot after turn on?
    2. Are you getting blue screen while booting or while using Windows?
    3. Which version of Windows 10 are you using?

Meanwhile you can try the steps provided in the article: Bug
    Check 0x9F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
    (based on the dump files analyzation).

We await your reply.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jul 16, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Remote PC keeps randomly rebooting when idle; can't see screen, no memory dumps being...

Remote desktop rebooting

Hi,

We may need more information about the issue on the remote desktop that keeps rebooting, kindly respond to the following questions:

• How do you access the remote desktop?
    • Is the process of the connection through a wireless connection?
    We suggest that you check your firewall or antivirus settings if it is blocking the connection between the two devices.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

David Haz, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Remote PC keeps randomly rebooting when idle; can't see screen, no memory dumps being...

1. Remote PC keeps randomly rebooting when idle; can't see screen, no memory dumps being... - Similar Threads - Remote keeps randomly

2. PC keeps crashing Memory dumps included

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps crashing Memory dumps included: Pc laptop keep crashing, when I check reliability monitor it gave me the following descriptionsDate:9/19/2023 9:16PMDescriptionThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xfffff80749a147e1, 0x0000000000000010, 0xfffff80749a147e1,...
  3. PC keeps crashing Memory dumps included

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps crashing Memory dumps included: Pc laptop keep crashing, when I check reliability monitor it gave me the following descriptionsDate:9/19/2023 9:16PMDescriptionThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xfffff80749a147e1, 0x0000000000000010, 0xfffff80749a147e1,...
  4. PC keeps crashing Memory dumps included

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC Reboots when Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Reboots when Idle: We have a PC that is getting a BSOD with error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when idle. I don't really know what I am looking at in a .dmp file, but searching through, the .dmp files seem to be pointing to different causes. How should I go forward in resolving this?...
  6. PC Reboots when Idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Reboots when Idle: We have a PC that is getting a BSOD with error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when idle. I don't really know what I am looking at in a .dmp file, but searching through, the .dmp files seem to be pointing to different causes. How should I go forward in resolving this?...
  7. PC Reboots when Idle

8. PC reboots when left idle.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC reboots when left idle.: Hi all, Can I ask some help please? I've built second work system from spare parts a month ago. It all was fine but yesterday PC started to randomly reboot when left idle. When I launch some game or other heavy apps it's ok. But as soon as I close it PC reboots in 2-5 mins....
  9. PC rebooting without BSOD or dumping memory

PC rebooting without BSOD or dumping memory: Hello, i don't know if this is the right subsection, since my problem is the PC shutting down and rebooting, but without showing any BSOD. If it's not kindly move it to a more appropriate one please. I set the options for the memory dump as shown in the sticky thread, but...
  10. Random Shutdown, sometimes reboots, no BSOD or memory dump files

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shutdown, sometimes reboots, no BSOD or memory dump files: Hello, I have been fighting with my computer for about four weeks now, and I am not getting anywhere. In a nutshell, my computer started to randomly shut down and seldom reboot. There are no specific patterns I notice, except that when I try to find out what's going on the...