Windows 10: Remote PC plugged into USB port has to be manually plugged back after installing Windows...

Discus and support Remote PC plugged into USB port has to be manually plugged back after installing Windows... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So we have a remote computer that is connected to our product that collects and sends data, but the problem is that every time Windows 10 updates, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IDEAL IT, Jun 13, 2019.

1. IDEAL IT Win User

Remote PC plugged into USB port has to be manually plugged back after installing Windows...

So we have a remote computer that is connected to our product that collects and sends data, but the problem is that every time Windows 10 updates, the device that we use to talk to our product that is connected through the USB port stops working. Can we just turn off Windows Updates or is there another way to turn off and on that USB port with some sort of software or hardware without calling the client and asking them to replug the USB cable?

***Original title: After update, remote station's device plugged into USB port must be manually plugged back in for it to work. Is there anyway I can fix this?***

:)

IDEAL IT, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Jonatino Win User

Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in”

I've been having this issue with Windows for about a week now which NONE of the back panel/front panel connectors (speakers, microphone) are being recognized by Realtek audio manager. The only audio input/outputs that are showing are the optical.
    Troubling shooting steps I've tried (none worked):

• COMPLETELY uninstall all Realtek drivers/reinstall
    • Tried using windows drivers
    • Reinstall Windows 10
    • Upgraded chipset driver
    • sfc /scannow
    I called EVGA and asked for RMA but then I booted into a Ubuntu OS and all the ports work FINE. It must be a problem with windows 10.
    Can you think of any other troubling shooting step I can try to fix this annoying issue? Thanks!
    Screenshot of playback devices:

Remote PC plugged into USB port has to be manually plugged back after installing Windows... [​IMG]

Screenshot of Realtek HD Audio Manager:

Remote PC plugged into USB port has to be manually plugged back after installing Windows... [​IMG]

After looking in Device Manager under Audio inputs and outputs, I don't see any speaker/microphone listings, only the optical crap:

Jonatino, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Rocky230v Win User
    Lumia 1020 not recognized by PC when plugged into USB

I have tried the troubleshooting steps listed above, i dont understand why is it so difficult to connect freaking Microsoft phone.... still having same connectivity issue Lumia 1020 not recognized by PC when plugged into USB

Rocky230v, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Remote PC plugged into USB port has to be manually plugged back after installing Windows...

Moving device to different USB port = NIGHTMARE!

Hi all,

Is anyone else having this problem? I have 6 USB 2.0 ports and a 4x Hub plugged into one of them, and if more any device from one USB port to another, Windows thinks I'm plugging in a new device, and needs to go through the whole process of installing both the drivers and the software (in correct order yada yada) EACH time this is done.

I have 4 cables plugged into the 4 main USB ports, and everytime I unplug them all to open the case, I never know which ones went in which one so I whack them all back in, boot up, and have to go through settings them all up again! Its a NIGHTMARE! *Mad Remote PC plugged into USB port has to be manually plugged back after installing Windows... :mad:

Examples so far that needed reinstalling when switched USB ports:
    Vimicro Webcam - cannot just choose drivers again, need to reinstall off cd (even though cd recognises drivers are already installed - windows doesn't!!)
    Logitech MX700 mouse - movement of mouse is automatically enabled, but MouseWare software needs to be reinstalled
    Belkin USB 802.11g adapter - Complete and total nightmare, needs fully uninstalling and manually uninstall service before reinstall

The list goes on... I thought USB was plug and play!! Not only is it not plug and play (you need to install drivers/software, then plug in, then install drivers again!), but you can't even swap ports, they are considered by windows to be totally seperate and unconnected devices.

Any opinions/workarounds/advice/flame?

Pinksteady, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Remote PC plugged into USB port has to be manually plugged back after installing Windows...

1. Remote PC plugged into USB port has to be manually plugged back after installing Windows... - Similar Threads - Remote plugged USB

2. Windows does not recognize devices plugged into the USB port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not recognize devices plugged into the USB port: Windows cannot recognize any device being plugged into the USB port. Doesn't make any difference if it 2.0 or 3.0. I went into device manager and uninstalled Intel USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller-1.10Microsoft, USB Composite Device, USB Root Hub 3.0 rebooted drivers...
  3. Windows does not recognize devices plugged into the USB port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows does not recognize devices plugged into the USB port: Windows cannot recognize any device being plugged into the USB port. Doesn't make any difference if it 2.0 or 3.0. I went into device manager and uninstalled Intel USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller-1.10Microsoft, USB Composite Device, USB Root Hub 3.0 rebooted drivers...
  4. Different devices plugged into random usb ports?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Different devices plugged into random usb ports?: if I plug "device A" into "USB 1", and plug "device B" into "USB 2", then disconnect both devices and plug "device B" into "USB 1" there will be a device-driver conflict? Thanks! *Smile 173183
  5. My pc has a usb-c port, but it won't detect anything that's plugged into it.

My pc has a usb-c port, but it won't detect anything that's plugged into it.: My PC has a USB-C port, I bought a USB-C to HDMI adaptor in order to play VR, but the port isn't detecting anything being plugged into it. Am I missing something? Is there a driver or program I need to install first?...
  6. Tough To Plug in USB Drivers into Front Port

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tough To Plug in USB Drivers into Front Port: Hello All I have a Media Card Reader on my Asus G11CD-K, and lately my USB 3.0 ports in front are kinda hard to plug into for some of my drives, should i clean those out next time i do dust cleaning? ((Only have an Electric air duster, Xpower device is that safe to use for...
  7. After update, remote station's device plugged into USB port must be manually plugged back...

After update, remote station's device plugged into USB port must be manually plugged back...: So we have a remote computer that is connected to our product that collects and sends data, but the problem is that every time Windows 10 updates, the device that we use to talk to our product that is connected through the USB port stops working. Can we just turn off Windows...
  8. keeps memory of what is plugged on USB ports

keeps memory of what is plugged on USB ports: Hi, I have a laptop and I travel a lot. Hence, I unplug and I replug most of my peripherical: mouse, keyboard, printer, etc. I change the USB drives all the time. I have a bug from windows 10. When I change the place of the peripherical, it looks like Windows 10 has...
  9. plugged usb 2.0 tablet into 2.0 port but pc thinks it's a 3.0 port

plugged usb 2.0 tablet into 2.0 port but pc thinks it's a 3.0 port: It's as the title states. First, since a big Win10 update some time ago, my old trust tablet (so old that the link on the official Website is already deleted) doesn't work on my home pc anymore. Troubleshooting says it's plugged into a 3.0 port when it actually isn't. Trying...
  10. Plug into different USB port after shutdown?

Plug into different USB port after shutdown?: If I unplug all the USB connections to modify the computer (insert/remove pci card, etc) and replug the USB connections back into different locations, they do not work....at least not immediately. I have to reboot a few times, disconnect them, reboot, etc. and eventually they...