Windows 10: Remote pcs do not fully start until I RDP

Discus and support Remote pcs do not fully start until I RDP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 4 Windows 10 Pro 1809 headless pcs, 3rd + 4th gen i7s, in my little render farm (no monitor, mouse, kb). They are set to log on without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by badcrc, Jan 5, 2019.

1. badcrc Win User

Remote pcs do not fully start until I RDP

I have 4 Windows 10 Pro 1809 headless pcs, 3rd + 4th gen i7s, in my little render farm (no monitor, mouse, kb). They are set to log on without password, and the render client shortcut (Cinema 4D) is in the startup folder along with a temp monitor gizmo. I occasionally 'remote desktop' to the pcs to check all is ok.

In the past I just had to turn them on, and a few minutes later they would appear in the master server program on my main pc, ready for use. Recently they don't show up, and when I RDP into each box to troubleshoot they each seem to be on the welcome screen with the spinning circle. Just accessing each remote pc triggers the next part of the boot (I don't have to enter password etc) - the desktop appears and the 2 softwares begin to load. Then everything is OK.

Tonight, as a test, I turned one machine on and left it for 20 minutes - didn't show in the server. I used remote desktop, and it was stuck on the welcome screen - then continued to boot. This 'not loading' behavior may have started with the last 1809 upgrade - not sure when I first noticed it.

Any suggestions as to what's going on appreciated.

:)

badcrc, Jan 5, 2019

2. RDP file not launching Remote Desktop

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that ".rdp files will not launch Remote Desktop", what exactly are you referring to? Are you facing issues while launching .rdp files in remote desktop mode?

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 5, 2019
  3. MichelB62 Win User
    This RDP File is corrupted. The remote connection cannot be started

I work at home and need to connect to a remote server sometimes. Today I tried to connect again and got the error "This RDP File is corrupted. The remote connection cannot be started". How can I create a RDP connection again when you even can't startup the
    RDP dialog?

I tried using 'Create a .rdp File' but in my 'Windows Accessories' folder is no
    RemoteApp Manager.

MichelB62, Jan 5, 2019
  4. techpun Win User

Remote Desktop Options

I have Windows 7 machine which is on 24/7 which I would like to remote into with security and ease kept in mind. What are your suggestions? Is RDP good enough?

techpun, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Remote pcs do not fully start until I RDP - Similar Threads - Remote pcs fully

2. Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing: Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing, it just goes to a full black screen and then I have to use Task Manager to 'End Task' to get to close out....
  3. Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing: Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing, it just goes to a full black screen and then I have to use Task Manager to 'End Task' to get to close out....
  4. Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely: To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here. Once downloaded and extracted type in the below...
  6. RDP: Remote Connection Protical

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP: Remote Connection Protical: I went and opend up Microsoft Edge to enter my IP address in the box that I type a URL in and the I hited enter and this what the page said: Hmmm… can't reach this page 192.168.1.123 refused to connect. Search the web for 192 168 1 123 ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED Why? Did I...
  7. RDP worked perfectly, until today

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP worked perfectly, until today: Hello, We have an employee working remotely for the past 2 years. She connects to our office PC remotely and it's worked perfectly until today. Now she says the company's our PC's active link to establish the connection is no long an active link. Clicking on it like she...
  8. How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Enable Remote Desktop Services RDP remotely: To enable Remote Desktop Services (RDP) you might need to either use Group Policies or by physical access on the computer or server. Remotely you would need to use command line with PSTools which can be downloaded here. Once downloaded and extracted type in the below...
  9. Remote pcs do not fully start until I RDP

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote pcs do not fully start until I RDP: I have 4 Windows 10 Pro 1809 headless pcs in my little render farm (no monitor, mouse, kb). They are set to log on without password, and the render client shortcut (Cinema 4D) is in the startup folder along with a temp monitor gizmo. I occasionally 'remote desktop' to the pcs...
  10. Battery problem 01minute until fully charge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery problem 01minute until fully charge: I have that problem since i upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10. Can anybody help me with this problem? 23122