Windows 10: Remote port for remote address

Discus and support Remote port for remote address in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I live on an island US territory 3hrs from Japan. I somehow always get connected to an address in Ireland when gaming online. My ISP services comes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by timblas, Mar 6, 2021.

1. timblas Win User

Remote port for remote address

I live on an island US territory 3hrs from Japan. I somehow always get connected to an address in Ireland when gaming online. My ISP services comes from California US. Using Task Manager/Resource Monitor, it shows that I am connected to remote address Ireland through remote port 3074. Is it possible to change anything so I get connected to the US? or is it all on where the game Warzone wants to send me? I don't think it is distance related because I believe there is a server in Japan/Asia.

:)

timblas, Mar 6, 2021

2. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Kari, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Remote port for remote address

Remote Desktop vs. Internet Remote Desktop (Internet and LAN)

Remote Desktop works in exactly the same way over the Internet as over an internal network. However, when working over the Internet, you must take some extra steps in order to establish a connection:

• The client must know the host's external IP address.
    • You must create a tunnel for port 3389 on the host's router.
    • The host must have a fixed internal IP address.
    • The host's router must direct port 3389 packets to the host's internal IP address.
    • The hosts's firewall must allow port 3389 packets.
    BTW, "Host" is the machine that is being taken over, often a PC at the work place.

"Client" is your own machine, often the PC at your home.

Frederik Long, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Remote port for remote address

1. Remote port for remote address - Similar Threads - Remote port remote

2. Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port: Hello EveryoneI connect my PC to my Raspberry Pi over Ethernet cable. And initialize my RPi as server host to share its USB ports with my PC. And initialize my PC as client host to get access to the RPi's USB ports. When connect a flash memory to my RPi, I can access it...
  3. Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port: Hello EveryoneI connect my PC to my Raspberry Pi over Ethernet cable. And initialize my RPi as server host to share its USB ports with my PC. And initialize my PC as client host to get access to the RPi's USB ports. When connect a flash memory to my RPi, I can access it...
  4. Connecting to USB port remotly by Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remote Desktop to different port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop to different port: I have used remote desktop with a ssh tunnel to log into remote machines over the internet. This was accomplished by pointing to localhost:someport. Windows 11 RDP complains that I can't specify a port : is illegal. Is there a way around this???Thanks...
  6. Remote Desktop to different port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop to different port: I have used remote desktop with a ssh tunnel to log into remote machines over the internet. This was accomplished by pointing to localhost:someport. Windows 11 RDP complains that I can't specify a port : is illegal. Is there a way around this???Thanks...
  7. IP Addresses - Unwanted Remote Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Addresses - Unwanted Remote Access: I talked to Microsoft on an issue and told them I used a wireless connection on one of my two computers. One computer uses Vista (wireless) and the other Windows 10 (through a router). Microsoft said my issue could have been caused by someone remotely accessing my computer....
  8. IP Addresses - Unwanted Remote Access

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    IP Addresses - Unwanted Remote Access: I talked to Microsoft on an issue and told them I used a wireless connection on one of my two computers. One computer uses Vista (wireless) and the other Windows 10 (through a router). Microsoft said my issue could have been caused by someone remotely accessing my computer....
  9. TCP - Remote ports 80 and 443?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TCP - Remote ports 80 and 443?: Under resource monitor > TCP connections, I've noticed quite a bit of activity on remote ports 80 and 443. I decided to track several of these IP addresses and whilst some are expected (Microsoft, Amazon (Firefox)), there were a few which went to other mainly web hosting...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection not allowing Port Numbers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Connection not allowing Port Numbers: Hi On previous versions of Windows you could put an IP address : portnumber i.e. 192.168.0.1:1234 Now in Windows 10 it says the : character is an illegal character so how do I define the port number to connect to for a remote desktop connection?? 17740