Windows 10: remote printer stopped working

Discus and support remote printer stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My "host" PC is running Win10 with latest updates. There is a Canon printer hardwired to this "host" and it works fine from the host. I have a remote... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by frankmucci, Nov 21, 2020.

1. remote printer stopped working

My "host" PC is running Win10 with latest updates. There is a Canon printer hardwired to this "host" and it works fine from the host. I have a remote laptop, also running Win10 with latest updates. Up until about two weeks ago before ;latest update? I was able to print from the remote laptop.

I now get the error message " Windows cannot print due to printer setup etc..." or variations thereof depending whether AVG is enabled or not

I have tried the following with no success

-run Win10 printer troubleshooting and followed directions

-disabled AVG antivirus * remote access shield

-restarted printer

-restarted both computers multiple times

-restarted network modem

If I leave AVG Anivirus remote access shield enabled I get the message that AVG has blocked a remote access attempt. As previously stated if AVG is disabled, the problem persists. Yesterday I spent 30 min with AVG on-line support who also disabled AVG with no success

Help!!!

Thxs

:)

frankmucci, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Remote Desktop Connection has stopped working Error

Try This

How To Fix Remote Desktop Connection Stopped Working Error

1. Method 1 – Allow Remote Desktop Via Windows Firewall.
    2. Method 2 – Check Dependency Services.
    3. Methods 3: Disable AutoLogin by Using Registry Editor.
    4. Method 4: Uncheck Printers Option in Remote Desktop Connection.
    5. Method 5: Audio Playback in Settings

HelpingHands 1, Nov 21, 2020
  4. remote printer stopped working

Brother printer stopped working

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

I understand your concern however, I would suggest you to run Print Troubleshooter. The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while
    printing. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with the sound. Refer top these steps:

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the
      view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the online instructions.

Post that make sure that the Print Spooler service is enabled.

• Press Windows +
      R
      and type in services.msc then press Enter

• Right-click the Print spooler service, and then click
      Properties.

• Now stop and start the service.

Please follow the troubleshooting steps in the link below to fix printer problems

Fix printer problems in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

remote printer stopped working

1. remote printer stopped working - Similar Threads - remote printer stopped

2. Remote Desktop Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Stopped Working: I've used Remote Desktop between the same two computers for many years. Today it isn't working. I don't know if this is because I changed my virus protection to Norton or if it was due to a Windows update. If I am behind my home router - that is, on the same network using...
  3. Printer Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Stopped Working: Windows 11 Professional I have a problem since doing an inplace upgrade. My printer,a Brother HL-L2300D, doesn't work.It's connected to a USB port and when I try to print something, fromany program, it just sits in the queue and nothing happens. However I*can* print to my...
  4. Printer Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Stopped Working: Windows 11 Professional I have a problem since doing an inplace upgrade. My printer,a Brother HL-L2300D, doesn't work.It's connected to a USB port and when I try to print something, fromany program, it just sits in the queue and nothing happens. However I*can* print to my...
  5. Printer stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer stopped working.: The printer has worked for many years and I can print from my iPhone and from a laptop. Using Manage your device under Settings the following takes place. If I ask to print a test page data are sent to the buffer and it states Printing but eventually it displays...
  6. Printer stopped working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Printer stopped working: Printer stopped working after update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-stopped-working/72d66b80-539e-4410-b3dd-449c3902d87c
  7. Printer Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer Stopped Working: My windows 10 recently updates occurred and now my printer doesn't print anymore. There is a tab opens up every time a click on a new page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-stopped-working/d35efa0d-ab2b-4760-8743-ea67ec8954b1
  8. Printer stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer stopped working: I am running windows 10 on a 4 year old computer and about 6 weeks ago my printer stopped working. The printer was hooked up and could be "seen" by the computer but if I sent a job to it I got a "problem with the printer set up" error message. I updated printer drivers...
  9. Printer stopped working

Printer stopped working: My HP printer stopped working on my Windows 10 machine. I have removed and reinstalled the printer and updated the driver with no luck. Device manager says device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Please help, thank you!...
  10. printer stopped working

printer stopped working: I have a fairly new Dell computer. I use an epson xp-610 all in one printer. It has always worked fine. I did not make any changes unless windows updates cause an issue. I have tried all kinds of troubleshooting to solve this issue. I tried to use microsoft to look for...