Windows 10: Remote procedure call failed

Discus and support Remote procedure call failed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Towards the beginning of the year I started experiencing problems with the Start Menu. When I right clicked on some entries, I received an error 'The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jezzer56, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Jezzer56 Win User

Remote procedure call failed

Towards the beginning of the year I started experiencing problems with the Start Menu. When I right clicked on some entries, I received an error 'The remote procedure call failed' (see attached image for full information). These errors occurred when selecting 'Programs and Features', 'Power Options', 'System' and 'Control Panel'; other selections seem to be OK. On occasion the Start Menu button has also failed to respond to left or right mouse clicks. At that time I did some investigation. The normal SFC and DISM commands failed to find any issues. Every now and then I'd be surprised to find that the right click on, say Control Panel', would actually display the window. Closing the window and trying again would bring up the error dialog again, unfortunately. In the end I just put up with it. Yesterday, I happened to look at my Windows Update and found all updates had been failing since at least July. Research pointed the finger at the Windows Firewall (WF) being disabled - I use Kaspersky IS and this disables the WF, so there was no way of activating the WF without uninstalling KIS. This led me to download and install the W10 (anniversary) update. Once I'd installed it I tried all the options on the Start Menu's context list - they all worked fine. Until today, that is. Now it's back to how it was and the same error message. Anyone have any ideas what is causing this problem and how to fix it?

Images are for Control Panel (CP), System (SYS) and Programs and Features (PF).

Windows 10 x64 Pro. 10.0.14393.0

:)

Jezzer56, Aug 7, 2016

2. i cant open mp4's.

1. I get the "the remote procedure call failed" message

2. yes. "the remote procedure call failed" message

3. left clicking twice. How else?

MatthewMeinhart, Aug 7, 2016
  3. App store in Windows 10 does not start

did not work. wsreset gave the following error:

ms-windows-storeRemote procedure call failed :purgeCaches

The remote procedure call failed

I started getting these remote procedure call failed after installing legacy applications.

a dash charli, Aug 7, 2016
Thema:

Remote procedure call failed

1. Remote procedure call failed - Similar Threads - Remote procedure call

2. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The remote procedure call failed: I have the following message on pc "the remote procedure call failed " that pops up when I try to log in. I restarted a few times without any success. We had a power dip & since then I am unable to log in....
  3. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The remote procedure call failed: I have the following message on pc "the remote procedure call failed " that pops up when I try to log in. I restarted a few times without any success. We had a power dip & since then I am unable to log in....
  4. FumeFX Install Fail "The remote procedure call failed"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FumeFX Install Fail "The remote procedure call failed": When I try to install fumefx seems to be the only one with this issue... so far it fails with this error:"Setup failed to run installation: The remote procedure call failed."I have gone to services and verified that the Remote Procedure Call RPC is running.The Remote...
  5. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The remote procedure call failed: So I was installing rdp wrapper, restarted the pc and now after trying to login i get a message saying "The remote procedure call failed".I am unable to login however through searching i think it has to do with the service remote procedure call, i dont know if its running and...
  6. The remote procedure call failed

The remote procedure call failed: So I was installing rdp wrapper, restarted the pc and now after trying to login i get a message saying "The remote procedure call failed".I am unable to login however through searching i think it has to do with the service remote procedure call, i dont know if its running and...
  7. The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. The remote procedure call failed. Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The remote procedure call failed. Help: Hello im trying to run Ubuntu via WSL in Windows. I always get this error how can I solve it? Der Remoteprozeduraufruf ist fehlgeschlagen. [Verarbeitung des Prozesses mit Code 4294967295 beendet] The remote procedure call failed. [Process finished with code 4294967295]...
  9. Remote Procedure Call Failed

Remote Procedure Call Failed: Hi guys I tried to open my music thru Groove Music in windows10 But it shows me something like this [img] I checked my services RPC service is on [img] Any help? 52750
  10. (error) The remote procedure call failed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    (error) The remote procedure call failed: I am putting back together my HUMPY DUMPTY computer which had a great fall. I have a new windows 10 install on a new hard drive (C). I am not doing any backups from old C drive as I had so many, many, many problems with windows 10 upgrades from win 7 so I am going new. I have...