Windows 10: Remote Technician accidentally deleted all my downloads and my restore point.

Discus and support Remote Technician accidentally deleted all my downloads and my restore point. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am disabled and called Windows Disability Tech. Support. An agent took over remote access to correct a problem with the Store App not opening. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sophiebun, Nov 17, 2019.

1. sophiebun Win User

Remote Technician accidentally deleted all my downloads and my restore point.

I am disabled and called Windows Disability Tech. Support. An agent took over remote access to correct a problem with the Store App not opening.

So she deleted a bunch of files to make room to download the latest Win10 and reinstall to fix the problem. HOWEVER, according to another agent, she must have forgotten to uncheck the box about deleting downloads that is preset.

Now I'm told I have to take my computer to a service place to have the data restored!!! I told her I'm on SSDI, I get food stamps and live in HUD housing. How would I possibly pay for their mistake of messing up my computer and files.

She promised me NO data would be lost, no pictures, no files or anything. I asked her if she was sure. Well she was an IDIOT, didn't know how to do her job and totally messed up my computer files.

Don't trust Remote Access on Windows or you may end up worse off than I am. Now I'm told I can't even report her to anyone and she won't get fired even though I have the Case# so Microsoft can find out who did this egregious error.

Anyone know what to do to restore data without me having to pay for a Microsoft Tech's HUGE BLUNDER??

I asked the 3rd agent I spoke to today if I can do a restore point, and guess what? ALL of that is missing now too!!!!!! That tech needs to be fired. I am truly shocked this happened and I am left like this.

:)

sophiebun, Nov 17, 2019
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CRemote Technician accidentally deleted all my downloads and my restore point. :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CRemote Technician accidentally deleted all my downloads and my restore point. :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Nov 17, 2019
  3. auto restore point

Hi Bryan,

System Restore automatically creates a restore point before the following events:

• Application installation (provided the application utilizes an installer that is System Restore compliant). If the application install causes system problems, the user can restore the system to a state before the installation of the application.
    • AutoUpdate installation. AutoUpdate provides an easy way for users to download critical Windows updates. After the update is downloaded, the user can install the update on the system. If the user chooses to install the update, System Restore creates a restore
      point before the installation of the update begins.
    • System restore. For example, if a user accidentally chooses the wrong restore point, the user can undo the restore operation by choosing a restore point before the system restore took place. The user can then choose the correct restore point.

Hope the information helps.

Ronald San, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Remote Technician accidentally deleted all my downloads and my restore point.

Windows registry accidentally deleted

Hi Osi,

We acknowledge that you're experiencing an issue regarding the registry and it is possible to restore a deleted registry if you have a system restore point which can take you back to an earlier point before the issue occurred. We would suggest checking the
    post of J W Stuart from this
    thread
    to see the steps that you can follow in restoring from a system restore point.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Remote Technician accidentally deleted all my downloads and my restore point.

1. Remote Technician accidentally deleted all my downloads and my restore point. - Similar Threads - Remote Technician accidentally

2. all my restoration's points are out !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all my restoration's points are out !!!: all my restoration's points are out !!!Edit By G225: Move French to English! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-restorations-points-are-out/5de77698-d2e9-4737-b986-708db095ae73
  3. all my restoration's points are out !!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all my restoration's points are out !!!: all my restoration's points are out !!!Edit By G225: Move French to English! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-restorations-points-are-out/5de77698-d2e9-4737-b986-708db095ae73
  4. stuck at deleting all restore points

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    stuck at deleting all restore points: hi there, My device is stuck at deleting all restore points as in the screenshot. How to fix it? It happened before but forgot how it got[ATTACH] fixed....
  5. OK to delete ALL Restore Points?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    OK to delete ALL Restore Points?: I uninstalled McAfee Total Protection..., and ran their cleanup tool (Huge!). I want to install MBAM, but want system to release these old McAfee Restore Point files first! In the old XP days- I opened "Create a Restore Point Twice/Deleted All Restore Points/Reboot.- Is it...
  6. Windows deleting my System Restore points :-(

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows deleting my System Restore points :-(: I have Googled this (for years now, on and off) but have never found anything that resolves the problem. If anyone has any ideas, or even a solution... Three days ago, all my system restore points had vanished (yet again): I have a small programme run on startup which shows...
  7. Accidentally deleted my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted my downloads folder: I was messing around in WinRar and accidentally selected my downloads folder and deleted it, I then proceeded to empty my recycle bin because I’m dumb and thought I deleted the right file, how can I restore the folder, I have tried a boot media and doing a system restore but...
  8. All Restore Points Keep Getting Deleted.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All Restore Points Keep Getting Deleted.: For some reason my Windows 10 Desktop computer can't seem to keep any restore points. I manually create a restore point, and it seems they get deleted right away. All Restore points, not just a few. System restore has been enabled on all drives, there is plenty of space,...
  9. System restore deleted all restore points.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore deleted all restore points.: Hello Yesterday my laptop had an update, im not even sure what kind of. Since the update i started experiencing visual bugs in video games. Of course i thought its in-game problem, but it wasn't. I checked the system restore, and I tried to restore my laptop to one day...
  10. System restore deleted all restore points.

in Windows 10 Support
    System restore deleted all restore points.: Hello Yesterday my laptop had an update, im not even sure what kind of. Since the update i started experiencing visual bugs in video games. Of course i thought its in-game problem, but it wasn't. I checked the system restore, and I tried to restore my laptop to one day...