Windows 10: Remote to a Windows 10 Multi Monitor

Discus and support Remote to a Windows 10 Multi Monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Back with my old windows system, I used to remote into my work PC with my Mac at home & use multi monitor setting. Worked perfectly After the tablet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JerryZito1, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Remote to a Windows 10 Multi Monitor

Back with my old windows system, I used to remote into my work PC with my Mac at home & use multi monitor setting. Worked perfectly

After the tablet changes that rid the multi monitor setup. it was very annoying working from home.

Now with Windows 10 is supposed to be able to use multi monitors, My work issued me a new laptop with Windows 10.

Tried setting that up at home, dual monitor and all. Didn't work, Found out the new lap top has 10 Home edition & found out,,,,,,, that doesn't support dual screen on remote access. I am being told The Catch 22 is...You have to have Windows 10 Pro on both ends...& only Windows 10 Pro to use dual screen so I can work from home during this Covid thing... Is this really true & the only way to get dual monitor use on remote?

Jerry

:)

JerryZito1, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Beach Dix Win User

Windows 10 Multi Monitors in remote desktop

I am using windows 10 pro and attempting to remote connect to a windows 7 pro machine. I select the "Use all my monitors for the remote session" option, but when I connect the remote session is only displayed on monitor 1.

Remote to a Windows 10 Multi Monitor d816cbf9-0a1c-45af-9619-988b5634ff0f.png

What are the requirements for multi monitor support in windows 10?

Is there any way for me to get multi monitors to work when remote connecting from a windows 10 pro machine to a windows 7 pro machine?

Thanks

Beach Dix, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Beach Dix Win User
    Windows 10 Multi Monitors in remote desktop

It would appear that this is the issue. However I find it odd that when I had windows 7 pro I could remote connect to a windows 7 enterprise computer and I got multi-monitor support. But when I have windows 10 pro (where multi-monitors is supported), I do
    not get multi monitor support.

It doesn't matter though, I have since upgraded the other computer to windows 10 pro so I have multi monitor support.

Beach Dix, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Remote to a Windows 10 Multi Monitor

Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

So here's the skinny.

I'm working remotely on the weekends using a VPN through a third-party client right now. It makes me use one monitor to work, and I want to remote in with multi-monitor support.

Notes:

- I am remoting in from a Windows 10 Home computer into a Windows 7 Enterprise computer. Both are capable of multi-monitor through the Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) client
    built into Windows.

- Both computers have two monitors - that is, I have two monitors on my work computer and two monitors on my home computer.

- Given that this is a work computer that I am remoting into, I
    don't want to use port forwarding
    for this connection, I want to use a VPN connection.

Can this be done? Can I use a VPN connection through the RDC program in Windows 10 in order to get multi-monitor support? Do I need to add a VPN connection to the VPN client in my Windows 10 or can I just go through the RDC program? How do I set it up? What
    information do I need to put where?

If not, is there a work around? Do I need to find a VPN client that supports multi-monitor work? Does anyone know of any good ones?

Thanks in advance for helping!

Quickchill, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Remote to a Windows 10 Multi Monitor

1. Remote to a Windows 10 Multi Monitor - Similar Threads - Remote Multi Monitor

2. Cannot move Remote Desktop Windows to other monitors on Multi-Monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot move Remote Desktop Windows to other monitors on Multi-Monitor setup: HiOn my Windows 10 current version PC I do have a 3 monitor setup. I can easily move any window between these 3 monitors. Nothing special.But as soon as I connect to a Windows Server 2012 R2 Remote Desktop Session I cannot move the RDS window. It is stuck on the "primary...
  3. Cannot move Remote Desktop Windows to other monitors on Multi-Monitor setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot move Remote Desktop Windows to other monitors on Multi-Monitor setup: HiOn my Windows 10 current version PC I do have a 3 monitor setup. I can easily move any window between these 3 monitors. Nothing special.But as soon as I connect to a Windows Server 2012 R2 Remote Desktop Session I cannot move the RDS window. It is stuck on the "primary...
  4. Cannot move Remote Desktop Windows to other monitors on Multi-Monitor setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Remote Desktop Connection Multi Monitors Support in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection Multi Monitors Support in Windows 11: Despite enabling the "Use all my monitors for the remote session" option in Remote Desktop Connection in Win11 connecting with a Win7 host, the session only display 1 screen. Both the host and view machines have 2 monitors each and are configured in the same orientation.Dual...
  6. Remote Desktop Connection Multi Monitors Support in Windows 11

Remote Desktop Connection Multi Monitors Support in Windows 11: Despite enabling the "Use all my monitors for the remote session" option in Remote Desktop Connection in Win11 connecting with a Win7 host, the session only display 1 screen. Both the host and view machines have 2 monitors each and are configured in the same orientation.Dual...
  7. Window 10 Multi-Monitor Orientation

Window 10 Multi-Monitor Orientation: I've already submitted it as a bug as I can't find anything on it, but when I put my addition side monitors placed above the primary screenshot provided, it refuses to open start menu on the primary or even active monitor majority of the time. Is there any fix for this or am...
  8. Windows 10 multi-monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 multi-monitor: I'm running Windows on three monitors, and I'm having some trouble with features of it that someone might know how to fix, either with system policies edition, registry or even external tools. Start menu opens on the default monitor only when activated through the keyboard...
  9. Windows 10 Remote Desktop Custom Multi-Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Remote Desktop Custom Multi-Monitor: I am running Windows 10 Pro on one machine that has three monitors. The remote computer Windows 10 Enterprise has dual monitors. I'd like to assign just two of the three monitors to the remote computer's dual monitors. Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated....
  10. Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?: So here's the skinny. I'm working remotely on the weekends using a VPN through a third-party client right now. It makes me use one monitor to work, and I want to remote in with multi-monitor support. Notes: - I am remoting in from a Windows 10 Home computer into a...