Windows 10: Remote user, still local, continues to flip time zones

Discus and support Remote user, still local, continues to flip time zones in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] We have a remote user that is flipping time zones from CST to EST. She manually changed time zone back to CST numerous times but the issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/phutureambassador, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Remote user, still local, continues to flip time zones

Remote user, still local, continues to flip time zones gEAtDEALcWOh1QFiXPPu3WiiE_VYx4fsIOZf1FRrxFo.jpg

We have a remote user that is flipping time zones from CST to EST. She manually changed time zone back to CST numerous times but the issue persists. Finally, today I was able to be remotely connected while it happened and captured the flip from a ping -t www.google.com|cmd /q /v /c "(pause&pause)>nul & for /I %a in () do (set /p "data=" && echo9!time! !data!)&ping -n 2 www.google.com>nul"

• 10:01:59.97 Reply from <ip address>: bytes=32 time=13ms TTL=117
    • 11:02:00.99 Reply from <ip address>: bytes=32 time=13ms TTL=117

Time zone switched from CST to PST at 10:02am. Event Viewer recorded these events at the time of the flip:

https://preview.redd.it/juogpt1tnoy...bp&s=6b9a8f8ec6152696e1acb0a1285966d2d2e2900f

I've adjusted the keys at both: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation and HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\tzautoupdate, manually changed the time zone, restarted the Windows Time Service, checked her routing which never leaves CST, Location services are enabled, re-registered the time service.

I don't know what else to look for and greatly appreciate any guidance/suggestions. Is there any more information I can provide?

submitted by /u/phutureambassador
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/phutureambassador, Nov 11, 2020

2. Can't change time zone

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to set the correct time zone after resetting the PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are you logged in to the PC as an Administrator user?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to refer the below steps to re-register windows time service.

1. Click on Start menu and type
      CMD, right click on CMD and select Run as Administrator.
    2. Copy and paste the command and press Enter:
      w32tm /register
    3. Restart the PC and then try setting the time Zone

Also, we would suggest you to check the Windows time service.

1. Press Window + R key and type
      services.msc, click OK
    2. Scroll down and select
      Windows time
      service
    3. Double click on the service and set the
      Startup type to Automatic
    4. Then Start the service.

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Time zone resets to Pacific automatically

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to set the correct time zone on the PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?
    • Are you logged in to the PC as an Administrator user?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to refer the below steps to re-register windows time service.

1. Click on Start menu and type
      CMD, right click on CMD and select Run as Administrator.
    2. Copy and paste the command and press Enter:
      w32tm /register
    3. Restart the PC and then try setting the time Zone

Also, we would suggest you to check the Windows time service.

1. Press Window + R key and type
      services.msc, click OK
    2. Scroll down and select
      Windows time
      service
    3. Double click on the service and set the
      Startup type to Automatic
    4. Then Start the service.

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account for troubleshooting purpose and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Remote user, still local, continues to flip time zones

Windows 10 Time Zone Continually Resetting

If saving the time zone automatically does not work, we would like to request to view your current time zone manually by typing a command in your elevated command prompt. In this way, we will determine if it the changes in your settings is saving or not.
    To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows + S to open Search Box.
    • Type Windows PowerShell, then click it.
    • Type this command get-timezone
    • Send us the screenshot.

For example:

Remote user, still local, continues to flip time zones a08b2372-b103-4d90-a49e-21f1e07a1b14.png

Tell us if the time zone reflected in the results is accurate with your location. Then, tell us what is the exact time zone you want to show on your PC.

Get back to us once you provide us this information.

Johann Eva, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Remote user, still local, continues to flip time zones

1. Remote user, still local, continues to flip time zones - Similar Threads - Remote user still

2. Setting time zone within a Windows365 remote session to be different from local device's...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting time zone within a Windows365 remote session to be different from local device's...: Hi all,Whenever I access my Windows365 PC through Remote Desktop, it uses the same time zone as my local device.I can change the time zone manually after logging in, but if I sign out and back in, it then switches back to my local device's time zone.Is there some way I can...
  3. Setting time zone within a Windows365 remote session to be different from local device's...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting time zone within a Windows365 remote session to be different from local device's...: Hi all,Whenever I access my Windows365 PC through Remote Desktop, it uses the same time zone as my local device.I can change the time zone manually after logging in, but if I sign out and back in, it then switches back to my local device's time zone.Is there some way I can...
  4. Setting time zone within a Windows365 remote session to be different from local device's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Time Zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Zone: Hello, the "Set the time zone automatically" is blanked out. How can it be activated?Tomas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-zone/9b63922a-7a4a-4f9b-99f9-394b7a727372
  6. Time Zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time Zone: Hello, the "Set the time zone automatically" is blanked out. How can it be activated?Tomas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-zone/9b63922a-7a4a-4f9b-99f9-394b7a727372
  7. time zone

time zone: I change the time zone but it keeps going back to the USA one, how do I change it permanently https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-zone/157a92f4-489d-454c-b7ef-8e125040dcb2
  8. Disconnect/Separate MS Office 365 Time zone from Local Windows Time zone

Disconnect/Separate MS Office 365 Time zone from Local Windows Time zone: Hi, I live in IST and work in PST in a BYOD setup. I want my MS Office 365, particularly Outlook Calendar and MS Teams, to work in PST, but my laptop to work in IST. Basically, what I need is that while my laptop's regional setting is set to India - my work location is...
  9. Time Zones

Time Zones: Hi, I recently realized that my computer clock was one hour behind, when I checked the time settings the time zone was central time which is not my time zone but when I changed it to eastern the settings automatically switch back to the central time zone. How can I fix this?...
  10. Remote Desktop in conjunction with local users.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop in conjunction with local users.: I am setting up an HTPC in my basement that also will serve as my media server. My goal is to have the computer locally signed in as a normal user, displayed on the TV. But my concern is, will I be able to remotely sign into my “Plex” user and leave the viewer unaffected...