Windows 10: Remote Wipe

Discus and support Remote Wipe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a laptop for my son and after 2 hours the touchpad stopped working, i uninstalled the faulty driver I2C HID which fixed the issued but 24hrs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nataliematz85, May 1, 2020.

1. Remote Wipe

I bought a laptop for my son and after 2 hours the touchpad stopped working, i uninstalled the faulty driver I2C HID which fixed the issued but 24hrs later the issue was back. I uninstalled again and stopped windows automatic updates. 48hrs later the brand new shop bought laptop won't even switch on! I've bought a new one and raised a chargeback through my bank but in the meantime the faulty one is linked to my McAfee and Microsoft and has videos and pictures on it from the 3-4 days it did work for - does anyone know if there is a way I can remotely do a data wipe? The store won't let me return it until the lockdown ends potentially months hence my bank have raised a dispute as they agree there is a breach of consumer rights. But I can't turn it on, I want to wipe it before they get it back either way.

Thanks

:)

nataliematz85, May 1, 2020

2. Remote wipe undo

Last night I thought I lost my phone and went for the nuclear option of remotely wiping it only to find this morning that my friend actually picked it up by accident, is there a way I can undo the remote wipe?

GraemeScott87, May 1, 2020
  3. marbolec Win User
    Security on E61 - remote wipe?

at least you can remote wipe for email using RoadSync for Series 60. Remote Wipe command allows IT administrators to wipe sensitive Exchange data from the device over the Web, in case a device gets lost or stolen.

marbolec, May 1, 2020
  4. Remote Wipe

Remote Wipe Not Working

I would suggest that you remove the deviec from the MyPhone site. Removing the devie WILL NOT remove the data so you will be good to go when you get the new phone.

Absolutely ... if you remove the old device and set up a new one, the "numbers" it records for identification are different. That will not be an issue.

BTW, I would have done a manual hard reset if the phone was not lost. I am surprised that the remote wipe did not work. Reports from others indicated it worked well .... I have yet to try it but I may just have to to test it out.

Jack Cook

http://www.experiencemobility.net

http://www.mobilitysite.com

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Remote Wipe

1. Remote Wipe - Similar Threads - Remote Wipe

2. My surface just got stolen. How do I disable windows on it remotely or wipe out the hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My surface just got stolen. How do I disable windows on it remotely or wipe out the hard drive?: My surface just got stolen. How do I disable windows on it remotely or wipe out the hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-just-got-stolen-how-do-i-disable/689c72fe-714f-4bcf-8c14-8720f106394f
  3. My surface just got stolen. How do I disable windows on it remotely or wipe out the hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My surface just got stolen. How do I disable windows on it remotely or wipe out the hard drive?: My surface just got stolen. How do I disable windows on it remotely or wipe out the hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-just-got-stolen-how-do-i-disable/689c72fe-714f-4bcf-8c14-8720f106394f
  4. My surface just got stolen. How do I disable windows on it remotely or wipe out the hard drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I am unable to reset windows after remote system wipe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am unable to reset windows after remote system wipe: I am trying to reset and reinstall windows on my PC after my company gave it to me and remotely wiped it. When I attempt to use the option "Troubleshoot" >"Reset this PC" > "Remove Everything" > "Cloud download" option I get the error message "There was a problem resetting...
  6. I am unable to reset windows after remote system wipe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to reset windows after remote system wipe: I am trying to reset and reinstall windows on my PC after my company gave it to me and remotely wiped it. When I attempt to use the option "Troubleshoot" >"Reset this PC" > "Remove Everything" > "Cloud download" option I get the error message "There was a problem resetting...
  7. I am unable to reset windows after remote system wipe

8. Need to remote wipe a Windows 11 Home device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to remote wipe a Windows 11 Home device: Hello, I have a windows 11 computer that has been stolen. Is there a way to remotely wipe the computer? I do have Bitlocker enabled, if that helps.Thank you for your time...
  9. Need to remote wipe a Windows 11 Home device

Need to remote wipe a Windows 11 Home device: Hello, I have a windows 11 computer that has been stolen. Is there a way to remotely wipe the computer? I do have Bitlocker enabled, if that helps.Thank you for your time...
  10. Can I acknowledge user when I remote wipe their machine by Intune?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I acknowledge user when I remote wipe their machine by Intune?: HiI would like to know whether I can send a message or acknowledge user when I remote wipe their machine through Microsoft Intune?ThanksSteven...