Windows 10: RemoteApp doesn't apply correct scaling initially

Discus and support RemoteApp doesn't apply correct scaling initially in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a large app for which we are waiting to configure DPI scaling. Currently, when we launch our app via RemoteApp (RDP,) the text and controls... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SkylerJes, Jul 9, 2019.

1. SkylerJes Win User

RemoteApp doesn't apply correct scaling initially

I have a large app for which we are waiting to configure DPI scaling. Currently, when we launch our app via RemoteApp (RDP,) the text and controls overlap. As a work around for our customers with high DPI displays, we found the best solution is to set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\WinStations\IgnoreClientDesktopScaleFactor to 1.

This stops the RemoteApp (an RDS shortcut that launches our application from the remote server) from using DPI scaling and makes it look decent.

The problem is that the size of the window itself starts off super tiny.

RemoteApp doesn't apply correct scaling initially 96ccd7e1-9afd-49d6-b619-609e8fa64d37?upload=true.jpg

If you change the scaling factor on the local PC and then change it back, it will automatically size the window back up to the correct scaling.

RemoteApp doesn't apply correct scaling initially ea71a18f-929a-482a-b403-1901b6ce8e88?upload=true.jpg RemoteApp doesn't apply correct scaling initially 0e7ad96e-8e67-4a70-bdb4-5c96578c983e?upload=true.jpg

We would prefer to use this workaround instead of adding a mstsc manifest file to our customers' PC's, but we would need to know how to force the RemoteApp window to scale the same as the system's scaling when it's first launched.

:)

SkylerJes, Jul 9, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

RemoteApp doesn't apply correct scaling initially [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 9, 2019
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jul 9, 2019
  4. RemoteApp doesn't apply correct scaling initially

custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• How you trying to scale the documents?
    • Which application you are using for scaling the documents.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Press control key + p.

2. Now select the number of pages you want to scale while printing.

3. Click apply.

4. Now click on print.

Please try the above suggestions and let us know the status of the issue.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

RemoteApp doesn't apply correct scaling initially

1. RemoteApp doesn't apply correct scaling initially - Similar Threads - RemoteApp doesn't apply

2. Initial set up screwed up my scaling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Initial set up screwed up my scaling?: At some point when setting up my new computer it asked me if i wanted to do something with the scaling. I chose yes but now everything is zoomed in and I don't know how to fix it. I have to put chrome at 80% zoom, I cant see all of the steam app without using sliders and same...
  3. Initial set up screwed up my scaling?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Initial set up screwed up my scaling?: At some point when setting up my new computer it asked me if i wanted to do something with the scaling. I chose yes but now everything is zoomed in and I don't know how to fix it. I have to put chrome at 80% zoom, I cant see all of the steam app without using sliders and same...
  4. How to fix display scaling AFTER custom scaling was applied in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix display scaling AFTER custom scaling was applied in windows 11: I know, I know...I read the warning. Whereas it said: “You shouldn’t change these settings unless you need to. It can cause text and apps to become unreadable. All your displays with be set the custom scaling size you enter and it can be difficult to go back to your original...
  5. How to fix display scaling AFTER custom scaling was applied in windows 11

How to fix display scaling AFTER custom scaling was applied in windows 11: I know, I know...I read the warning. Whereas it said: “You shouldn’t change these settings unless you need to. It can cause text and apps to become unreadable. All your displays with be set the custom scaling size you enter and it can be difficult to go back to your original...
  6. RemoteApp Scaling/Resizing Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RemoteApp Scaling/Resizing Crashing: Does anyone else experience crashing, with remoteapp publish applications? I have a large number of users, it happens to with SSMS, as well as a couple of 3rd party applications. I use a Surface, and another monitor, top to bottom, and unfortunately have been advised by...
  7. custom scaling level not initializing sometimes

in Windows 10 Customization
    custom scaling level not initializing sometimes: I'm running a 4K display at 3840x2160 so I've set my custom scaling level to 150%. Once in a while when I wake the system up and unlock my session the icons are shrunk (probably down to 100%). If I log out and log in again I'm back to normal. I notice the settings dialog...
  8. Icons not scaling correctly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons not scaling correctly.: This is driving me bananas. I spent a lot of time finding and manually applying each of these icons. They're all 256x256 or 512x512 ico files. Sometimes they'll be normal, then they'll switch to being small with the outline, then I go back later and they're normal again....
  9. Calculator doesn't initiate.

Calculator doesn't initiate.: After an update my calculator fails to initiate. When I double-click the app it shows on the desktop for about half a second as a shadow but disappears in an instant. I've rolled back the update but it didn't solve the problem. So now I am trying to uninstall it in order to...
  10. UI Scaling for UHD not being applied to all Programs

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    UI Scaling for UHD not being applied to all Programs: Greetings! I recently jumped the 4K Bandwagon with the purchase of a new TV I mounted to the Wall and while I managed to get most of the stuff running at 4096 x 2160 and still being readable some stuff just doesn't scale well despite my best efforts. Maybe I'm just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remoteapp windows 10 scaling

2. windows 10 remoteapp scaling problem

3. remote app scaling windows 10

4. remoteapp scaling issue windows 10,
  5. problems scaling remote app in windows