Windows 10: RemoteApp Randomly Freezing

Discus and support RemoteApp Randomly Freezing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a remoteapp set up in Server 2016 (Version 1607) that is being used by Windows 10 (Version 1803) computers. Currently, it is only set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MitchPB, Sep 17, 2018.

1. MitchPB Win User

RemoteApp Randomly Freezing

Hello,

I have a remoteapp set up in Server 2016 (Version 1607) that is being used by Windows 10 (Version 1803) computers. Currently, it is only set up like this for a few users for testing. The rest are using Windows 7 computers to remote desktop into Server 2008 R2 (Version 6.1) and run the app from there. The last obstacle I'm running into before I can fully deploy this setup is that the remoteapp will randomly lock up / freeze for seemingly no reason that I can find. The only "fix" is to force close the remote desktop connection on the user's computer and reconnect. The remote desktop version on the server is 10.0.14393 and on the Windows 10 computers it's 10.0.17134.

Are there any compatibility issues between the remote desktop versions or windows versions on the server and user's computers that I need to accommodate for that may be causing this? Any help in troubleshooting this is greatly appreciated.

:)

MitchPB, Sep 17, 2018

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 17, 2018
  4. RemoteApp Randomly Freezing

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

RemoteApp Randomly Freezing

1. RemoteApp Randomly Freezing - Similar Threads - RemoteApp Randomly Freezing

2. Random freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freezes: My computer is freezing randomly. It becomes unresponsive and I have to do a hard shut-down. It is completely random, sometimes it happens when I'm gaming and sometimes when the PC is idle or just using the browser. Sometimes, I can use the PC for several hours without it...
  3. Random freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freezing: Just recently my laptop has been acting all weird and freezing up. I was doing some things with my laptop when it suddenly became really 'slow' and the frames dropped drastically. Everything responded as if i had over 100 tabs open. I would try and move my cursor but it would...
  4. Random Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Freezing: Before I start, please do not give me complicated answers, I'm not that smart and I don't know how to do stuff like "open up your computer", so, this has just started happening a few days ago, where, my apps, like for example my groove music and explorer, just randomly freeze...
  5. Random Freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Freeze: Okay, I recently upgraded my 7+ year old PC custom built with a new one also custom built. New build is a Ryzen 5600x with 16gb of G Skill ram and an Asus 3080 and Asus motherboard I'd give exact models but I really don't think its necessary, nor hardware related. Fresh...
  6. RemoteApp Disconnected

in Windows 10 Customization
    RemoteApp Disconnected: Dear, I can not remote control server2012 and remote apps. Could you please advise what can I do next? Thanks every much! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remoteapp-disconnected/1b504766-8a18-4ec4-b05f-c079b5452a14
  7. Random freezes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random freezes: My PC sometimes randomly freezes. I have the newest Windows updates. When freezing, the entire PC starts stuttering and then it completely freezes for 10-20 seconds, before it works again for another 10-20 seconds, and so on. After i restart, everything is smooth again....
  8. Random Freezes

Random Freezes: Hello, I get random freezes on my PC. It can happen at any point, playing a game, or even just on the desktop. The freezes locks up the whole system and lasts for a few seconds. The intervals are different, I can go for a couple of hours without a freeze, other times it...
  9. Random freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random freezing: hi.my windows 10 have this wierd bugg it just random freeze and need force restart after restarting my pc i get this ''unidentified network'' problem thats easy fix but my windows still keep freezing i updated drivers.updated windows. i scaned for viruse.i used some cmd...
  10. random freezes

random freezes: I have been having issues with windows 10 since my fresh install 3/4 days ago. at random times my pc will just freeze if there is sound when it hangs it just continuously makes noise. this wont go away unless i hard restart the pc freezes mostly randomly, while gaming,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remoteapp windows 7 freezing

2. remoteapps freezing have to reboot

3. remoteapp freeze

4. remoteapp random crashes,
  5. rds remoteapp freezing,
  6. remoteapp freezing,
  7. windows 10 remoteapp screen freeze,
  8. windows 10 remoteapp freezing ,
  9. remoteapp freezes then starts again,
  10. remoteapp 2016 freezing