Windows 10: RemoteFX

Discus and support RemoteFX in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I've been running in a problem with remoteFX. It started out with this error message in Event Viewer:'Failed GetConnectionProperty' in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Steven Mallinckrodt, Oct 5, 2022.

1. RemoteFX

Hello,I've been running in a problem with remoteFX. It started out with this error message in Event Viewer:'Failed GetConnectionProperty' in CUMRDPConnection::QueryProperty at 3347 err=[0x80004001]'Failed CreateVirtualChannel call on this Connections Stack' in CUMRDPConnection::CreateVirtualChannel at 2961 err=[0xd0000001]After checking these out I found a similar question: found here.Now the replies indicate that it's a problem with remoteFX. So I followed this answer and disabled remoteFX in GPO. The last st

:)

Steven Mallinckrodt, Oct 5, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Update to disable and remove the RemoteFX vGPU component in Windows

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...vgpu-component

Brink, Oct 5, 2022
  3. RemoteFX nooby questions

I hope to get a desktop soon to replace my laptop. I like the power I could get with a desktop but also would like the portability of a laptop or tablet (yes, I know that sounds moronic). I began wondering if it was possible to use a second device (windows
    laptop or tablet) as a screen for my desktop, but while away from home, so I looked into the Remote Desktop Connection service that Windows offers. Unfortunately, from what I read, I came to understand that when accessing your desktop through a Remote Desktop
    Connection, it doesn't utilize your graphics card but instead reverts to the graphics built into your cpu. But then I read that remoteFX is a solution to this. I know next to nothing about this so everything I say may come out as incredibly over simplified
    or moronic, but please bear with me on this. As far as my questions go:

• Does my desktop need to act as a server (by that I mean use Windows Server OS) to utilize remoteFX or
    • can a desktop with good hardware running the standard version of Windows 10 utilize remoteFX?
    • Do I need a specific graphics card (something that supports vGPU) or
    • will most newer graphics cards work? (I hope to get a gtx 980ti, gtx 980, or at the very least a gtx 970)
    IN SUMMARY what my questions boil down to, is it possible for a high-end, standard desktop running Windows 10 to utilize remoteFX without any special modifications and if they are needed, what would the modifications be?

Other questions I have:

• What exactly are Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012? Are they operating systems?
    • Is what I'm describing more of a virtualization scenario or a remote access situation?
    • If I'm simply using another device as a second screen, would it be possible for a Windows tablet to handle this?
    Thanks for dealing with my noobishness and if you see any other misconceptions I hold, please correct me. Thanks again!

KojoBaldwin, Oct 5, 2022
  4. RemoteFX

remotefx

Hi

I would like to know if the current version of windows phone supports RDP 7.1...i.e. if I can initiate a RemoteFX connection with a Windows 7 VM on Hyper-V...

Thanks

Michael Camilleri

MichaelCamilleri, Oct 5, 2022
Thema:

RemoteFX

1. RemoteFX - Similar Threads - RemoteFX

2. RemoteFX

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RemoteFX: Hello,I've been running in a problem with remoteFX. It started out with this error message in Event Viewer:'Failed GetConnectionProperty' in CUMRDPConnection::QueryProperty at 3347 err=[0x80004001]'Failed CreateVirtualChannel call on this Connections Stack' in...
  3. RemoteFX

in Windows 10 Customization
    RemoteFX: Hello,I've been running in a problem with remoteFX. It started out with this error message in Event Viewer:'Failed GetConnectionProperty' in CUMRDPConnection::QueryProperty at 3347 err=[0x80004001]'Failed CreateVirtualChannel call on this Connections Stack' in...
  4. I was using my pc win 10 and a command interface with remotefx gpu disablement popped up....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I was using my pc win 10 and a command interface with remotefx gpu disablement popped up....: submitted by /u/Sparrow_XJ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k0npjj/i_was_using_my_pc_win_10_and_a_command_interface/
  5. Update to disable and remove the RemoteFX vGPU component in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Update to disable and remove the RemoteFX vGPU component in Windows: Update to disable and remove the RemoteFX vGPU component in Windows Applies to: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 10 version 1607 all editions, Windows 10 version 1703 all editions, Windows 10 version 1709 all editions, Windows...
  6. Reliability of the controller connected through RemoteFX USB of Remote Desktop Connection...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reliability of the controller connected through RemoteFX USB of Remote Desktop Connection...: My job is to test games for a company. We are able to work remotely from home using the integrated Remote Desktop Connection provided by Microsoft. That's the setup, nothing I can do about it. I own 2 controllers at home PS4 and a XB1. Now... As long as all I did was to...
  7. Error for running Game on Hyper-V Guest OS [ Unsupported GPU RemoteFX 3D Video Adaptor ]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error for running Game on Hyper-V Guest OS [ Unsupported GPU RemoteFX 3D Video Adaptor ]: Hi. I installed Hyper-V in Windows server 2016 & created Guest with Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC & Enabled RemoteFX 3D Video Adaptor & specified 1g memory for that. After Insallation "CSGO Game" in Guest; this is error shown by running that [ATTACH] while that game...
  8. Choose OS: Guest OS on Hyper-V for supporting RemoteFX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Choose OS: Guest OS on Hyper-V for supporting RemoteFX: Hi I have Windows server 2016 as Host OS & need to choice a guest OS for supporting remoteFX using GPU on VM. its important that guest OS use low source & be fast performance +remoteFX & using GPU +fast Performance .......which one? guide me plz/...
  9. RDP / RemoteFX questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RDP / RemoteFX questions: I just have a couple of questions since this is a bit of uncharted territory for me. First and foremost, everything will be done through LAN and would not involve the WAN. Currently using a Gigabit switch to connect two devices. I'm basically just aiming for 60fps through...
  10. Windows 10 1903 RemoteFX broken.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1903 RemoteFX broken.: I thought I would open up the discussion on this since I can see no sign of it mentioned anywhere yet. Basically RemoteFX is currently broken in Windows 10 1903 at least with generation 2 machines. Basically neither the HtyperV client or Remote Desktop will connect. It...