Windows 10: Remotely connecting to Desktop from a non-local LAN

Discus and support Remotely connecting to Desktop from a non-local LAN in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello there! As the title says I want to remotely connect to my desktop from my laptop from a different LAn connection not the local one. I already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kristof1995, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Remotely connecting to Desktop from a non-local LAN

Hello there! As the title says I want to remotely connect to my desktop from my laptop from a different LAn connection not the local one. I already enabled the remote connection and it worked superb on local LAN. But when I forwarded my port through wifi and everything step by step 1:1 to the shown guides I simply cannot connect from a external source by any means. ( I gave up already setting up an VPN because the creator PC could connect to the local VPN but any other devices couldnt for reasons??)
    So if anyone got experience with it ill gladly take up any help.

submitted by /u/Kristof1995
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kristof1995, Jul 23, 2021

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

4. ck low Win User

Remotely connecting to Desktop from a non-local LAN

Remote desktop connectivity issues

What if the windows OS is in the virtual machine based cloud and I cannot remotely connect inside then how I suppose to set back the local group policy and windows firewall ?

ck low, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Remotely connecting to Desktop from a non-local LAN

1. Remotely connecting to Desktop from a non-local LAN - Similar Threads - Remotely connecting Desktop

2. Remote desktop and wake on lan. ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop and wake on lan. ?: My home is in New Jersey. There I have a Windows 11 pro PC. The internet is on always to support the security system. I travel most of the year overseas. I carry a Window 11 pro laptop.I would like to access my home PC including startup from sleep or hibernation from overseas...
  3. Remote desktop and wake on lan. ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop and wake on lan. ?: My home is in New Jersey. There I have a Windows 11 pro PC. The internet is on always to support the security system. I travel most of the year overseas. I carry a Window 11 pro laptop.I would like to access my home PC including startup from sleep or hibernation from overseas...
  4. Remote Desktop LAN not working without Internet Connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop LAN not working without Internet Connection.: At home I setup a new windows 10 machine installed all OS updates and a new router. I got all the settings down to use Microsoft Remote Desktop from my Macbook and it worked like a charm. I took the setup to the installation site and of course Remote Desktop could no longer...
  5. Remote Desktop LAN not working without Internet Connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop LAN not working without Internet Connection.: At home I setup a new windows 10 machine installed all OS updates and a new router. I got all the settings down to use Microsoft Remote Desktop from my Macbook and it worked like a charm. I took the setup to the installation site and of course Remote Desktop could no longer...
  6. Remote Desktop LAN not working without Internet Connection.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Remote desktop local connection interrupted

Remote desktop local connection interrupted: I have two Windows 10 desktop systems hardwire connected to a Netgear EX7000 range extender. One system is used to access the other using RDP. On occasion, the connection to the target session drops out and restores after a retry, and rarely I have to reboot the target...
  8. Remote Desktop Connection for local account with no password

Remote Desktop Connection for local account with no password: I setup all the computers in my house to have the same username and no password - all of them boot up and go directly to the desktop without any need to login. Each one is a Local Account and is Administrator. When I setup remote desktop under User Accounts it specifically...
  9. Remote Desktop not working on LAN

Remote Desktop not working on LAN: Issue: So I've been working with three individual computers and a server for months now. Two computer are logged into the same Microsoft account except for the one, but I've always been able to remote into all of them including the server. However, I did a cumulative update...
  10. Cannot connect to computer on LAN with Remote Desktop

Cannot connect to computer on LAN with Remote Desktop: I have two Windows 10 computers, one PC and one laptop on the same LAN. Both were upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I am trying to connect to the PC through Remote Desktop from the laptop. I get the error message saying it can't connect. It says to make sure remote...