Windows 10: remotely lock device

Discus and support remotely lock device in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i want to log out all current users and remotely lock device without having find my device turned on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DavidNorman4, Apr 5, 2020.

1. remotely lock device

i want to log out all current users and remotely lock device without having find my device turned on

:)

DavidNorman4, Apr 5, 2020

2. E63 - Memory Corrupted - Due to Device Lock / Remote Lock

follow up to my previous post:

yesterday i encountered my first experience with memory corrupted problem.

as flae63's suggestion, i disabled the lock device and remote lock functionality, change the password to the original of 123456, remove the memory card, then restore it.

today i got the same problem: memory corrupted.

the lock device and remote lock have been disabled. so there must be something else causing this problem.

any response from nokia regarding this problem?

doremifasol---01, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Remote lock

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in signing in to your device with the PIN authentication.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. What happens when you try to sign with the PIN?
    2. Do you have an option to sign in with the password?
    3. May I know what you exactly mean by “Locked laptop remotely with my account”?

As you have mentioned you got it back and you are not able to get into it, I would suggest you to refer the article on
    Find and lock a lost Windows device,
    please check the section "Lock your Windows device remotely after locating it:" and check if it is helpful to you.

If you are facing an issue with signing into your system using the PIN that you assigned, please refer the article
    PIN sign-in issues
    for more information.

However, if this doesn't resolve your issue and you are facing an issue with logging into your system, please reply to this thread with more information, we will look into this for you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 5, 2020
  4. remotely lock device

Am trying to unlock a remotely locked device

My mother - lives on the west coast and I am on the east coast - accidentally remotely locked her computer. Now it indicates that it requires an administrator to logon first to unlock it. However, despite resetting the Microsoft account password multiple
    times, etc. she can't get into her computer. I can remotely lock the computer -- can see it on the list of devices -- but can't unlock it. She is elderly, not that computer savvy, and has limited access to any transportation that could take her to Best Buy
    or some other professional help. Am trying to help via phone and cell phone... but have not been able to help her get into her computer.

Edna Meyers, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

remotely lock device

1. remotely lock device - Similar Threads - remotely lock device

2. Can't lock device remotely.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't lock device remotely.: I've lost my laptop.I've repeatedly tried to lock the device remotely but keep getting the message -"We can't lock your device right now. Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again." Does anyone know why this is happening.Thanks...
  3. Can't lock device remotely.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't lock device remotely.: I've lost my laptop.I've repeatedly tried to lock the device remotely but keep getting the message -"We can't lock your device right now. Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again." Does anyone know why this is happening.Thanks...
  4. Lock Device under remotely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Device under remotely: Hi, I have mistakenly locked my laptop and now it says "an administrator has restricted sign in.to sign in make sure your device is connected to the internet and have your administrator sign in first" but i have only one account and im the administrator, further, i have set...
  5. Lock Device under remotely

Lock Device under remotely: Hi, I have mistakenly locked my laptop and now it says "an administrator has restricted sign in.to sign in make sure your device is connected to the internet and have your administrator sign in first" but i have only one account and im the administrator, further, i have set...
  6. Remote device lock and unlock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote device lock and unlock: I locked my laptop remotely from Microsoft account website through my desktop because I did not recognize it at first. The laptop now only shows a remote administrator message when I attempt to log in and does not allow any input. Just the default windows login screen, my...
  7. Remote device lock and unlock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote device lock and unlock: I locked my laptop remotely from Microsoft account website through my desktop because I did not recognize it at first. The laptop now only shows a remote administrator message when I attempt to log in and does not allow any input. Just the default windows login screen, my...
  8. Remote device lock and unlock

9. SCCM remote session locking remote device

SCCM remote session locking remote device: Hello,We have SCCM below details installed on a Jump servers and we use it to connect to clients deployed in our environment.In order to connect to the devices, we connect to the Jump server first using PAM and then to the devices.Environment - SCCM2010 v5.2010.1093.3100 &...
  10. SCCM remote session locking remote device

in Windows 10 Customization
    SCCM remote session locking remote device: Hello,We have SCCM below details installed on a Jump servers and we use it to connect to clients deployed in our environment.In order to connect to the devices, we connect to the Jump server first using PAM and then to the devices.Environment - SCCM2010 v5.2010.1093.3100 &...