Windows 10: Remotely Shut Monitor Off?

Discus and support Remotely Shut Monitor Off? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I access my Home-PC from work using my laptop. Though I let my nephews use it to play games while I'm gone. I would like to try and figure out how I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jarrodm08, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Jarrodm08 Win User

Remotely Shut Monitor Off?

I access my Home-PC from work using my laptop. Though I let my nephews use it to play games while I'm gone. I would like to try and figure out how I can remotely access my PC and "disconnect" the monitor of sorts while I use it so that the kids do not interfere with it while I'm using it. The best I could find was a 3rd party program called TeamViewer which has the ability to black out the screen while in use, though this is now a paid feature. I can't seem to find any similar programs that contain this feature. Anyone have any solutions?

Laptop & Home-PC are both using Windows 10.

:)

Jarrodm08, Jun 30, 2019

2. 5 monitors on Remote Desktop

I have an issue with Microsoft Remote Desktop.

I am running 5 monitors on an 580 AMD 8GB GPU.

This was working fine locally and on the remote desktop - however now when I try to connect to the remote, it only allows one monitor on the remote desktop. If I unplug any one of the monitors, I can get 4 of the monitors to work over the remote.

Not sure if this is to do with an AMD update, remote, or my GPU. I don't think it is the GPU as this powers all five perfectly well, and I also switch on my motherboards DVI port and ran one monitor off that and 4 on the GPU, and still didn't work.

Any suggestions welcome....

FairlyLocal, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Remotely Shut Monitor Off? - Similar Threads - Remotely Shut Monitor

2. My monitor keeps randomly shutting off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor keeps randomly shutting off: Hi there, I have a Lenovo ideacentre gaming 5i computer. windows 11 It's been working like a dream until recently, where when I try to use it, it simply doesn't work. I would log in, and then a couple seconds later my monitor will go black and the fan on the computer will...
  3. Game Crashes And Monitors shut off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game Crashes And Monitors shut off: Hello and I have recently started running into a problem like 2 days ago where whenever i open up a game the monitors shut off and the game crashes this happens with all games I checked the Event Viewer and found two errors.#1, "The GameDVR and Broadcast User Service_eeab31f...
  4. Game Crashes And Monitors shut off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Crashes And Monitors shut off: Hello and I have recently started running into a problem like 2 days ago where whenever i open up a game the monitors shut off and the game crashes this happens with all games I checked the Event Viewer and found two errors.#1, "The GameDVR and Broadcast User Service_eeab31f...
  5. Game Crashes And Monitors shut off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Monitor And Screen Shut Off ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor And Screen Shut Off ?: Hello, Have a new LG Monitor, but pretty sure that this is a W10 issue. (but maybe not ?) I want the screen to shut off after 5 minutes. So, I have it set to that. But, it always comes back on by itself. Absolutely no vibration or jiggling of the keyboard, etc. that might...
  7. after install, monitor shuts off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after install, monitor shuts off: I went to upgrade my wife's computer from win 7 to win 10. It completed the install and when it got to the circling dots and saying getting ready, the monitor shuts off. I can't get past that. I took the HDD out of my desktop and put hers in and formatted her drive and...
  8. Second monitor not shutting off with shut down.

Second monitor not shutting off with shut down.: Hello, First monitor : Asus PG27AQ via DisplayPort Second monitor : BenQ V2400W via HDMI Video card : Asus NVidia GTX 1080 OS : Windows 10 Pro 64 On Power down, the first monitor (ASUS) will shut off, but the second (BenQ) will not. Thank you for your assistance....
  9. monitor shuts off

monitor shuts off: I have a posting in network section, but not sure if that is the right spot. I am posting a question about my son's self built desktop he has had for years. He just had a new mother board and hard drive installed. The company that installed them insisted he put windows 10 on...
  10. Maximized Applications - Monitor Shuts Off

in Windows 10 Support
    Maximized Applications - Monitor Shuts Off: I started having this issue about two weeks ago. Their have been a slew of updates from Windows 10 and from my GPU. When an application is Maximized, it causes my monitor to sometimes go to sleep. It is not 100% of the time, it is about 70-80% of the time. Chrome causes it...