Windows 10: Remotely type administrator password?

Discus and support Remotely type administrator password? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I work from home, and I have Microsoft Screen Time running on my son's windows 10 pc. He is using a standard user account, and does not know the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Samir_broke_the_car, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Remotely type administrator password?

So I work from home, and I have Microsoft Screen Time running on my son's windows 10 pc. He is using a standard user account, and does not know the admin password to the computer. He often needs to install programs or files for school, and every time he does, I need to go into his room and manually type the admin password on his computer. Is there a way to, instead of typing in the password on his computer, the computer could send an alert to my phone and have me approve it? I am ok with downloading a program for this. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Samir_broke_the_car
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Samir_broke_the_car, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

I can't change my account type to administrator

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

You can Enable the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, then create a new user account.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select Command Prompt, and then click
      Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.
    • Type net user administrator <Password>, and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter.
    • Log off the current user account. And login and check the are you able to open the files

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 18, 2020
  3. administrator password

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. In this case I suggest you to try converting your account into administrator. Follow the steps below,

1. Search for Run on
      Windows search bar.
    2. Type netplwiz in the run window and click on OK.
    3. It would prompt you for password of admin account, put in the password.

If you have not set any password, just click on OK.
    4. Double click on the user account you want to change and go to
      Group Membership.
    5. Now select Administrator and click on
      Apply and OK.

To set up pay support for home users, please log on to
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus

Hope it helps

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Remotely type administrator password?

Forget hidden Administrator Account Password-Windows 10

Thank you for providing the details. You can change the password of the hidden admin account by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key and type "cmd".
    • Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: net user "UserName" "NewPassword".

Type "administrator" in the "Username" and type the password that you want in the
      "NewPassword".
    • Retype the password that you've created and close the Command Prompt.
    These steps are intended for local accounts. And since the hidden admin account is considered a local account, you can apply these steps.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Dennis Mop, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Remotely type administrator password?

1. Remotely type administrator password? - Similar Threads - Remotely type administrator

2. Password Typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password Typing: Well in my years of working on computers this is a new one for me. I have someone with a laptop Windows 10, all updates are current, just went through an update this morning. When I remote into this laptop I can type passwords anywhere on the system. The laptop itself can...
  3. Password Typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password Typing: Well in my years of working on computers this is a new one for me. I have someone with a laptop Windows 10, all updates are current, just went through an update this morning. When I remote into this laptop I can type passwords anywhere on the system. The laptop itself can...
  4. Password Typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No yes button or option to type in the administrator password when asked for it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No yes button or option to type in the administrator password when asked for it: Hi there, I know similar questions have been asked in regards to the lack of a yes option when asked for the administrator password but I've tried a number of methods and still haven't gotten anywhere. I'm not even given the option to try and type in the administrator...
  6. to continue type administrator password.

in Windows 10 Customization
    to continue type administrator password.: hey my pc got these problems: the error"Access is denied" for administrator I can't restart on safe mode I can't log in as an administrator I can't boot the windows and at the end "to continue type administrator password." what should I do? should I replace my windows?...
  7. To continue, type an administrator password UAC error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    To continue, type an administrator password UAC error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will attempt to resolve the UAC (User Access Control) error message prompt – Do you want the following program to make changes to this computer? To continue, type an administrator password and then click Yes – [...] This post To continue,...
  8. P key does not work when typing administrator password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    P key does not work when typing administrator password: Sometimes when I need to type in my administrator password (to run a program for example), the P key does not work. It works fine when I type anywhere else, but it does not work in the password bar of the "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" window....
  9. To continue, type an administrator password, then click Yes"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    To continue, type an administrator password, then click Yes": I am trying to change the admin settings on my windows 10 as it won't allow me to save certain files. I found several articles and followed prompts but when I try to edit to change the admin access, I am given the aforementioned prompt. There is nowhere to type the password...
  10. Types of Administrator Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Types of Administrator Accounts: Carbonite considers Local Admin. Acct. a "Users" account. It is configured needing me to be the Administrator. Is this the "Hidden" Administrator Account? Just re-set PC to factory settings, skipped registration etc. I named PC is about it and I am Local Account...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. enter admin password and then enter desktop