Windows 10: RemotePC file transfer and multiple displays

Discus and support RemotePC file transfer and multiple displays in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I use RemotePC to transfer files and folders from home to the office. The office computer has two monitors. The files or folders I transfer always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkMcDonough45, Jul 30, 2021.

1. RemotePC file transfer and multiple displays

Hi. I use RemotePC to transfer files and folders from home to the office. The office computer has two monitors. The files or folders I transfer always end up on Monitor2. Both monitors show the normal Windows desktop. Monitor1 is the primary monitor. Do you think this is caused by Windows or the RemotePC app.I'll try to ask the same question of RemotePC.Thanks.

:)

MarkMcDonough45, Jul 30, 2021

2. Multiple display taskbar

Hi Justin,

Let me guide you now on how to set up multiple displays on a Windows 10 computer. You may follow the steps below to configure the correct display settings for your device.

Here are the steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select Display settings, then different options will be displayed.
    • You can either choose Duplicate these displays to sync your activities from the original monitor with the second one or
      Extend these displays to be able to do multiple activities using separate displays.
    • After choosing your preferred option, click on Apply.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Steevo Win User

RemotePC file transfer and multiple displays

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

RemotePC file transfer and multiple displays

1. RemotePC file transfer and multiple displays - Similar Threads - RemotePC file transfer

2. multiple display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple display: hi, i using two monitor , 1 is HDMI PORT , 1 is Display port. but when i restart computer, the monitor which using display port cant function, hence i force to unplug & plug, then the monitor will be function.may i know any wrong?...
  3. Transfer multiple files into multiple folder 1 time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer multiple files into multiple folder 1 time: Hi,In a folder, I have multiple .pdf files. I want to drop them in a new folder that has the same name as my .pdf Is there any tricks to move them in the right folder in 1 shot?...
  4. Transfer multiple files into multiple folder 1 time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer multiple files into multiple folder 1 time: Hi,In a folder, I have multiple .pdf files. I want to drop them in a new folder that has the same name as my .pdf Is there any tricks to move them in the right folder in 1 shot?...
  5. Transfer multiple files into multiple folder 1 time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Multiple Displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Displays: I hope someone can help, I attempted to set up for multiple displays and I must have picked the wrong selection from the drop down, now it looks like my laptop is attempting to display out only to a second monitor. Leaving my laptop blank. I have changed the settings to...
  7. Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multiple displays: I have a HP Elite laptop which is connected to a HP Docking station which powers two 23" monitors, So I have the 2 monitors and the laptop all displaying as an extended desktop with Windows 10 Enterprise. Due to the laptop resolution I would like to change the screen...
  8. Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple displays: I have set up a vizio tv for my second monitor via hdmi on my windows 10 home addition. The setup works well except that 3 or 4 times a week the display settings change from display 2 only back to display 1 only. The check box is grayed out and sometimes is checked, other...
  9. Multiple displays

Multiple displays: I set up 6 monitors and all working fine. Just 1 problem. I can only see and edit documents on the main screen. On the other monitors, I can see documents and open them and move them around but when I open them, I see blank and cant edit or do anything. Everything works...
  10. Multiple displays

Multiple displays: Windows 10 Multiple displays 'Detect' is not picking up my second monitor (as below) and I don't have a wireless display. In addition, when I select 'extend' nothing happens so I'm hoping someone can help me resolve this (the cable is a VGA connection)....