Windows 10: Removable devices are not detected by File Explorer

Discus and support Removable devices are not detected by File Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying an old hard drive to use it as an external drive via a USB to SATA cable. When I connect it, I receive the blue LED lights up but not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MattDonahue, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Removable devices are not detected by File Explorer

I am trying an old hard drive to use it as an external drive via a USB to SATA cable. When I connect it, I receive the blue LED lights up but not flashing. It means the system has access to this drive but I cannot put files into it. File explorer is not detecting it. This issue showed up before Windows update. I found that this issue also occurs with different USB ports, both USB 3.0 and 2.0. I use Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview, build 18305.

:)

MattDonahue, Feb 5, 2019
  2. corrywd Win User

Cannot Remove File From File Explorers Recent Files List

I'm using Windows 10 and have always been able to remove files from the file explorer's recent files list. The file is listed as FileProvider and it is located in the ThisPC/downloads directory. Any other file is readily deleted from the list by the usual
    procedure. This file is not. Any suggestions?

THANKS

corrywd, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! Removable devices are not detected by File Explorer :)

justinmreina, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Removable devices are not detected by File Explorer

Motherboard doesn't detect usb 3.0

does it detect in device manager?

explorer->system properties->device manager.

it should be listed under Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

does it have a little caution symbol next to it (! in yellow triangle)

de.das.dude, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Removable devices are not detected by File Explorer

1. Removable devices are not detected by File Explorer - Similar Threads - Removable devices are

2. File Explorer Encryption Removal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Encryption Removal: Hello all, I am having troubles removing the file encryption from my documents folder within file explorer. It started when I was made aware that files could be encrypted within windows and so I tried to use this feature on one sub folder within documents. I was hoping for...
  3. Restore "Devices with Removable Storage" in This PC in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore "Devices with Removable Storage" in This PC in File Explorer: I was thinking: would it be possible to separate the "Devices and Drives" of W10 back to "Hard Disk Drives" and "Devices with Removable Storage" of W7? Basically what I want to do is split the W10 dropdown so that there's one for HDDs/SSDs and one for (Virtual) Optical...
  4. Stub.exe removed in File Explorer

Stub.exe removed in File Explorer: When I download a stub.exe file from a Github repo I use Tor Browser, since Chrome refuses to download the file after I click "keep", it at first appears in the Download folder, and then after a few seconds, it disappears, without any notification from Windows Defender or my...
  5. REMOVING LIBRARIES IN FILE EXPLORER

REMOVING LIBRARIES IN FILE EXPLORER: Could someone please tell me how to edit the appearance of my file explorer to only show what I want it to show in the Navigation Pane? [ATTACH] I want to remove the Music / Video / Pictures / 3D Objects so that it quits cluttering up my view. I DO NOT want to have to use...
  6. CD Drive detected in BIOS but not File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD Drive detected in BIOS but not File Explorer: OK once again 4 times in as many months I have had blank screen a badge a message that says its going to scan and user password noit workin this after microsoft win 10 updates Brand new thre days old laptop up dates and then same happens locked out of machine? Have to wipe...
  7. iPad not detecting in file explorer when connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iPad not detecting in file explorer when connected: Trying to connect my iPad to a new Toshiba laptop (windows 10) and nothing is happening. It makes all the correct noises and shows up in itunes doesn't show anything on the computer in this pc section and I am unable to import photos. I have been told by IT that apple have...
  8. File Explorer intermittently does not detect other devices or perform file sharing on the...

File Explorer intermittently does not detect other devices or perform file sharing on the...: Microsoft This issue became apparent in April 2018 and has been partially resolved having followed the advice given in thread posted on 22nd June 2018, however continues intermitently. I have only recently discovered this issue since I removed the Home Server (2011) from...
  9. File Explorer and Disk Management not detecting removable devices

File Explorer and Disk Management not detecting removable devices: Hi there, I recently took my old hard drive out of my laptop and now using it as a external hard drive with a USB to SATA connector. Every time I connect my hard drive the blue LED lights up meaning the system has access but also the blue LED needs to flashing so I can put...
  10. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer: I've customized the look of File Explorer (thanks to the tutorial). Now, how do I remove iCloud Photos from the Devices and Drives view in file Explorer? 56114