Windows 10: Removable Drive Access Access restriction Implementation on Security Group and not the...

Discus and support Removable Drive Access Access restriction Implementation on Security Group and not the... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello all, I have implemented Removable Drive Access Access restriction on all the OUs with an exemption of one OUs into which I drag and drop a PC to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BenardOnyach, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Removable Drive Access Access restriction Implementation on Security Group and not the...

Hello all,

I have implemented Removable Drive Access Access restriction on all the OUs with an exemption of one OUs into which I drag and drop a PC to allow access.
    Please help set elevation options such that whenever I need to allow access, I just elevate the user or add the user to a security gruop that is allowed access

:)

BenardOnyach, Jan 15, 2021

2. remove access to hard drive for GUEST in windows 10 pro?

Basically it is the same procedure.

Go to properties window of the local drive -> Security tab -> Remove the complete list from "Group or user names"

Once done add your name (Admin) and give full control from the checkbox below.

It will give access of that particular drive to the admin only and the guest role will be restricted access from it.

Smittychat., Jan 15, 2021
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Removable Drive Access Access restriction Implementation on Security Group and not the...

Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Removable Drive Access Access restriction Implementation on Security Group and not the...

1. Removable Drive Access Access restriction Implementation on Security Group and not the... - Similar Threads - Removable Drive Access

2. Restrict Software access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restrict Software access: I have a problem i cannot seem to find the answer for.I'm using my computer for my business. On it, I have sensitive data via Dropbox that I don't want my employees to have access to. So I'm going to set up a new user account. But in my experience, when I set up a new user...
  3. Restrict Software access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restrict Software access: I have a problem i cannot seem to find the answer for.I'm using my computer for my business. On it, I have sensitive data via Dropbox that I don't want my employees to have access to. So I'm going to set up a new user account. But in my experience, when I set up a new user...
  4. Surface Hub and Restricted Group access - not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Hub and Restricted Group access - not working: We have reset our original Surface Hubs to fix issues with Teams launching consistently. During the reset we joined the device to Azure AD instead of the local AD. This means we did not assign a local group with permissions to access the Settings app on the Surface Hub.I have...
  5. How to permanently and securely remove access to other drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to permanently and securely remove access to other drives: Hi, following problem. I have two drives, each with windows installed. They are both connected to the mainboard and I switch between them by rebooting and choosing the windows I want to boot. Right now I can access the other of each drive with administrator rights. Is there...
  6. Granting access to games that are on a restricted drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Granting access to games that are on a restricted drive.: Hello, I am struggling to set up an account for my girlfriend with the right permissions. I created an account for her on my windows 10 machine, and under security settings removed all permissions. I don't want her accessing D: Drive. However, all my games such as Sims 4...
  7. Messed up Group Policy Restrictions and cannot access anything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Messed up Group Policy Restrictions and cannot access anything: Hello and I need help. I wanted to block an application on a user on my computer. But in the procress, I have messed up the operation and now nobody can access anything. I can’t even get to the Group Policy editor anymore. Does anyone have any answers! Big note I am the admin...
  8. Restrict Access to Drive C

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restrict Access to Drive C: Hello! I bought a laptop for my 8y/o son for his online schooling. I have Windows 10 Home and I added him as Family account. I'd like to restrict his access to Drive C where Windows is installed but still be able to use apps that he needs for school that are also...
  9. Restrict access to a drive

Restrict access to a drive: Hi all, My PC use to be solely mine, and now others will be able to use it soon, in preparation for that, I am trying to restrict access to a certain drive so that i can only access it! I have tried a google search and nothing came up for anything remotely close without...
  10. Restricting Networking Access

Restricting Networking Access: I have two Pcs let A & B. Both are connected through LAN and both are having Windows 10 installed. In both the computer there are two accounts viz. Administrator and Guest. I have restricted the access of Guests in Administrator Account. Now I want to restrict the access of...