Windows 10: removable drive in FE

Discus and support removable drive in FE in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Garmin Nuvi GPS. When I connect it to the computer it enters mass storage mode. In the past, 2 drives would open, one for the internal storage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ruggb, Jun 1, 2019.

1. ruggb Win User

removable drive in FE

I have a Garmin Nuvi GPS. When I connect it to the computer it enters mass storage mode. In the past, 2 drives would open, one for the internal storage and one for the µSD card.
    I am now on W10Pro v1903 and what I see is a folder nuvi 359SD like Music or Pictures and the internal storage and SD card show up as folders with drive icons under that.

The problem is, I cannot access a hidden system folder on the Nuvi with that arrangement. It needs to be presented as a removable drive. How do I make it a removable drive?

:)

ruggb, Jun 1, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jun 1, 2019
  3. little cat, Jun 1, 2019
  4. garym123 Win User

removable drive in FE

[Bug] 'Recent Plays' in Music App not clearing when underlying songs are removed via sync

The recent play list on the phone is not changed when the items are removed.

If you have a feature suggestion speak up at Windows Phone Feature Suggestion Box, to let your voice go beyond this forum.

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-fe​ature-suggestions

garym123, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

removable drive in FE

1. removable drive in FE - Similar Threads - removable drive

2. How to remove write protection and format RAW USB flash drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to remove write protection and format RAW USB flash drive?: I just got a new 32gb flash drive a few days ago and it worked fine the first time I used it on my laptop but now I can't access it at all on my laptop. When I plug it in my laptop I get an error message saying it needs to be formatted before it can be used and when I look at...
  3. Internal SATA hard drives show up as removable devices in 'Safely Remove Hardware'

Internal SATA hard drives show up as removable devices in 'Safely Remove Hardware': Hi, Issue; I've got two of my internal SATA hard drives (4 internal hard drive in total) showing as removeable drives in the 'safely remove hardware and eject media' tray icon list. I don't want to accidentally eject one of them so I would like them not to appear in the...
  4. Added SSD with dual boot Win & Linux. Help remove Win 7 from 2nd drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Added SSD with dual boot Win & Linux. Help remove Win 7 from 2nd drive: My PC had a single drive running Win7. I disconnected it, added a SSD, then installed a Win10 and Linux dual boot. Now I want the Terabyte of space and files on the former single drive. My understand is if I power-up with 2 bootable Win drives, bad things can happen. I'm...
  5. USB DVD drive isn't recognized after being removed and reconnected

USB DVD drive isn't recognized after being removed and reconnected: Computer: Surface Book laptop OS: Windows 10 v.1809 USB DVD: Samsung SE-S084 DVD drive Device: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SE-S084C USB Device Driver version is 10.0.17763.1 The drive works ok when connected to laptop at startup/restart. But if I remove it and reconnect it while...
  6. Password problem, removed hard drive, formatted hard drive, have windows 10 usb

Password problem, removed hard drive, formatted hard drive, have windows 10 usb: Hi, Password problem, removed hard drive, formatted hard drive, have windows 10 usb installer. How can I install the windows usb if the computer bios is not set to be 1st during boot? Thanks, Joe...
  7. removable drive in FE

removable drive in FE: I have a Garmin Nuvi GPS. When I connect it to the computer it enters mass storage mode. In the past, 2 drives would open, one for the internal storage and one for the µSD card. I am now on W10Pro v1903 and what I see is a folder nuvi 359SD like Music or Pictures and the...
  8. Windows 10 1903 not recognizing eSATA drives as removable

Windows 10 1903 not recognizing eSATA drives as removable: I've used eSATA drives with Windows 10 for years on two computers. After upgrading to 1903 the drives initialize fine but do not appear in the "Safely remove hardware and eject media" icon in the taskbar. In Disk Management clicking on the drive, selecting Properties,...
  9. How to remove files from One Drive folder on PC and keep files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove files from One Drive folder on PC and keep files.: I was moving my finger across the touchpad on my PC (navigating File Explorer) and the Picture Folder went into the One Drive Folder. I have not set up One Drive, and I have no interest in using One Drive.. Using File Explorer I saw that my Picture folder still had all my...
  10. Windows 10 has alot of insidous code. I can't remove one drive or home defender I can't...

Windows 10 has alot of insidous code. I can't remove one drive or home defender I can't...: If my computer fails I'll buy apple. In apple you can still use the "Add and Remove" option to remove programs from your hand drive. And can back up very easy with DVD disk....