Windows 10: Removable drives on PC not working

Discus and support Removable drives on PC not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 was auto updated recently and since then the removable drives on pc are not being recognised. What can I do to fix this problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by angushair, Feb 2, 2020.

1. angushair Win User

Removable drives on PC not working

Windows 10 was auto updated recently and since then the removable drives on pc are not being recognised. What can I do to fix this problem.

:)

angushair, Feb 2, 2020
  2. zbook Win User
    zbook, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 2, 2020
  4. C_C
    c_C Win User

DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

Thema:

1. Removable drives on PC not working - Similar Threads - Removable drives working

2. Pc ports, drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc ports, drive not working: All of the ports in my pc randomly stopped working earlier today, and also every time my pc boots, it loads into the windows boot manager image belowSpecs:GeForce GTX 1660Ryzen 5 2600X16 DDR4 XPGAsrock b450m/ac500 or 600 watt psu don't remember brand...
  3. Pc ports, drive not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc ports, drive not working: All of the ports in my pc randomly stopped working earlier today, and also every time my pc boots, it loads into the windows boot manager image belowSpecs:GeForce GTX 1660Ryzen 5 2600X16 DDR4 XPGAsrock b450m/ac500 or 600 watt psu don't remember brand...
  4. Pc ports, drive not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Removable drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removable drives: Hi, I have a removable drive that has a lot of space and was wondering what I could do with it cause everytime I try and download a game in it,,it takes the space of my actual drive and was wondering how could I fix it so that doesn’t happen...
  6. Removable drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removable drives: Hi, I have a removable drive that has a lot of space and was wondering what I could do with it cause everytime I try and download a game in it,,it takes the space of my actual drive and was wondering how could I fix it so that doesn’t happen...
  7. Remove an additional drive link from 'This PC'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove an additional drive link from 'This PC': I recently added a new ssd to my PC and somehow theres an extra link to D:\ drive listed under 'This PC' as seen in the highlighted image. I have searched tirelessly to try removing it or even hiding it as it only showing what is in the drive like the actual drive icon at...
  8. Bitlocker for removal drive not working well

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker for removal drive not working well: My BitLocker for removable drive password prompt screen would not open after upgrading from Windows 7 to Window 10 in the process of decrypting the removable drive...
  9. Windows 10 Removable Drive Icons Not Working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Removable Drive Icons Not Working?: Hello, I have an internal card reader in my PC that can read multiple types of cards (XD, SD, MS, etc), and each card slot is assigned it's own Drive letter. Now, I have customized icons for my internal and removable drives through my RegEdit:...
  10. How to ungroup and separate removable drives in This PC?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to ungroup and separate removable drives in This PC?: How to ungroup and separate removable drives in This PC? it shows removable drives, optical drives and hard drives in one group together. This is one of the the worst changes made to Windows. Sadly, the OS does not offer you any option to the ungroup drives logically so...