Windows 10: Removal of Adobe Flash on 02/20/21

Discus and support Removal of Adobe Flash on 02/20/21 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, Since my latest Windows10 Update yesterday, none of my games on Facebook will run right. I lag, hang, and freeze. Everything was running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mikey7a, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Mikey7a Win User

Removal of Adobe Flash on 02/20/21

Hello,

Since my latest Windows10 Update yesterday, none of my games on Facebook will run right. I lag, hang, and freeze. Everything was running fine, until I did this update. What can I do?

:)

Mikey7a, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Adobe flash will not play Xfinity stream on Win10pro

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing an issue with Xfinity stream due to Adobe Flash player. We will look into this for you. However, in order to get clarity and to assist you with appropriate steps, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

1. Which browser are you facing this issue with, apart from Firefox?
    2. Have you checked if the Flash player is enabled on your browser?
    3. Was there any major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Steps to unblock Adobe Flash Player:

1. Login to Xfinity streaming on your browser.
    2. If there is a lock sign on the left or right end of the URL/address bar, click on it.
    3. Scroll down to find Adobe Flash Player and click on Unblock.
    4. You should be able to stream once the Flash Player is Unblocked.

I would also suggest you to refer the article on
    Flash Player Help
    by Adobe and check if it is helpful to you.

Kindly follow the suggestions and get back to us with the results.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Is Adobe Flash Player needed in Windows 10 ?

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• When did you get the Adobe Flash Player message?
    Adobe Flash Player helps you to play videos online.

If you are unable to play video online, download the Adobe flash player from Adobe website link.

If you are getting this Adobe Flash Player message, while using IE, I suggest you to follow the steps in the article, mentioned below.

Flash Player Help

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information, in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Homer712 Win User

Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller 34.0.0.105

Over on Techspot they have posted Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller 34.0.0.105

In the "how to use this software" section there was this (its the "Copy/Run" at the very bottom that I'm concerned about):

Download the uninstaller for Flash Player The Flash Player uninstaller executes on both 64-bit and 32-bit version of the Windows operating systems. Save the file in a location where you can find it easily after you restart your computer. For example, save it on your Windows desktop.

Exit all browsers and other programs that use Flash

The uninstaller does not work if any programs that use Flash are running on your computer.

• Look at the taskbar. If the taskbar contains program icons for a browser or for a game that uses Flash, right-click each icon and choose Close. This example shows a browser in the taskbar:
    • Look at the icons in the system tray for programs that run in the background. Examples include AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, and games that use Flash (any file with a name that ends in .swf). If you see such an icon, right-click the icon and click Exit, as shown in this example:
    Run the uninstaller

• Double-click the icon of the uninstaller that downloaded to your computer.
    • Follow the prompts. If you see the message "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?," click Yes.
    • Delete Flash Player files and folders.
      • Click Start > Run.
      • Copy and paste the following and click OK.
      • C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
      • Delete all the files in this folder.
      • Follow step 1 to step 3 for the following:
        • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
        • %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
        • %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player

Homer712, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Removal of Adobe Flash on 02/20/21 - Similar Threads - Removal Adobe Flash

2. 6/21/21 Windows 10 update to remove Adobe Flash Player causing black screen after login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    6/21/21 Windows 10 update to remove Adobe Flash Player causing black screen after login: 6/21/21 Windows 10 update to remove Adobe Flash Player causing black screen after login6/21/21 Windows Updates says that it removes adobe flash player. Looking for help or if anyone else has had this issue. I have installed and rolled back the latest windows automatic update...
  3. KB4577586 Adobe Flash Removal

KB4577586 Adobe Flash Removal: After several failures to run KB4577586 Update to remove Adobe Flash I tried to download from Microsoft Update Catalog http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/updt/2020/10/windows10.0-kb4577586-x64_c9bb49df325c20ddc147137b3f769fa44d800dde.msu it failed...
  4. Windows 10 Adobe Flash removal

Windows 10 Adobe Flash removal: Hi, Is there a way to re-run the Win 10 update that removes Adobe Flash, I have inadvertently reinstalled flash by reinstalling my HP printer driver software....
  5. Removing Adobe Flash Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Adobe Flash Player: Hello,About removing Adobe Flash Player:Removing Adobe Flash Player by installing KB4577586 update, or with the Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller.2. Does it remove also files and folders from the system as mentioned in...
  6. Update to remove adobe flash

Update to remove adobe flash: Hello I was wondering if there is a set date for the update to remove adobe flash from windows? Will it be part of a cumulative update, or will it be a separate KB Thanks. Eddie...
  7. adobe flash

adobe flash: adobe flash will not let me download for microsoft edge. so i can play my games it say close chrome even when chrome not open fed up with you might just delete this browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash/7c44733d-d983-46df-963e-9d932a0dc0e2
  8. adobe flash

in Windows 10 Customization
    adobe flash: If adobe flash is discontinued 2020, what can I use on royal games which depends on adobe flash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash/e79071ab-a00b-40da-a659-09d9c7de804c
  9. adobe flash

in Windows 10 Customization
    adobe flash: I cant stream any videos (youtube, vimeo, etc) nor audio (spotify) with any of my browsers. I usually use edge. adobe flash is enabled but it seems to be unresponsive any help? thank you!...
  10. Adobe Flash

in Browsers and Email
    Adobe Flash: I completed the download of 14295 with no problem yesterday. Today I keep receiving pop ups that say ADOBE FLASH HAS CRASHED Where does this come from???????????????????? 45869