Windows 10: Removal of automatic message on Windows 10 Home Edition

Discus and support Removal of automatic message on Windows 10 Home Edition in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently read an article showing how you can write a customized message that is displayed each time Windows is booted. The method I used was to run... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ScottBerriman, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Removal of automatic message on Windows 10 Home Edition

I recently read an article showing how you can write a customized message that is displayed each time Windows is booted.

The method I used was to run regedit and follow the instructions.

I navigated to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Policies/System/

then modified the 2 entries legalnoticecaption and legalnoticetext

this method worked fine just as promised.

My problem is that when I went back to undo the process I was unable to stop the message from occurring during startup.

I reversed the steps that I outlined above in order to get rid of the message but the message remains regardless.

I would love to hear from anyone who could help.

Thankyou,

Mr B.

:)

ScottBerriman, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 6, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Removal of automatic message on Windows 10 Home Edition

Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Removal of automatic message on Windows 10 Home Edition

1. Removal of automatic message on Windows 10 Home Edition - Similar Threads - Removal automatic message

2. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update: Hi,I have an old windows 10 Home edition laptop, which does not mee the windows 11 requirements.I've blocked the windows update on this laptop by disabling the windows update service; also configured the pause update.But in the last two weeks, I still get windows update...
  3. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update: Hi,I have an old windows 10 Home edition laptop, which does not mee the windows 11 requirements.I've blocked the windows update on this laptop by disabling the windows update service; also configured the pause update.But in the last two weeks, I still get windows update...
  4. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 home edition

Windows 10 home edition: My laptop edition is windows 10 pro and has digital license linked to my Microsoft account. After reinstalling windows 10 with a bootable USB flash drive containing windows 10 setup files of windows 10 enterprise, l was surprised that it installed windows 10 home edition....
  6. Windows 10 Home Edition

Windows 10 Home Edition: How can I download and install Windows 10 Home Edition without cost? I have the valid and legal activation key from my old PC. ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-edition/c9d711d8-0844-4d60-8fec-d4324e02eb9a
  7. Error Message while upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro Edition

Error Message while upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro Edition: Hello, I had a valid Windows 10 Pro serial key which I used to upgrade my old Lenovo laptop came with Windows 10 Home. It worked perfectly. I did it 6-7 months ago. I sold that laptop recently and didFull Reset before selling. So the key is no longer in use. I bought...
  8. How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition

How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition: I know this has been asked countless times before but I'm really coming to my wits end here.. basically i have a Windows 10 ver 1607 operated tablet..it have 32 gigs of memory and 2 gigs of RAM ..i use it for light stuff like reading PDFs watching YouTube etc..the thing is...
  9. WINDOWS 10 HOME EDITION

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 HOME EDITION: HI IM CURRENTLY RUNNING ON WINDOWS 10 PRO BUT NEED TO INSTALL OR DOWNGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 HOME IVE TRIED TO REINSTALLING IT AGAIN BUT STILL COMES UP AS PRO I DID A REGEDIT STILL NO GO WHAT AM I DOING WRONG CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET HOME EDITION SO I CAN ACTIVATE...
  10. Windows 10 Home edition

Windows 10 Home edition: All updates for windows 10 version 1803 have failed. last failed attempt July 8. I have a HP Pavilion G6 laptop with Intel Pentium P6200. 4GB with 3.8 useable. 2018-06 update for Windows 10 Version 1709 x64 based systems successfully installed on July 14. System will not...