Windows 10: Removal of EVERYTHING Xbox-related.

Discus and support Removal of EVERYTHING Xbox-related. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I remove EVERYTHING Xbox-related from my Windows 10 system? I did a Clean Install of 10 not long ago. I remember when I first upgraded to 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CJW, Jan 31, 2019.

1. CJW
    CJW Win User

Removal of EVERYTHING Xbox-related.

How do I remove EVERYTHING Xbox-related from my Windows 10 system?
    I did a Clean Install of 10 not long ago. I remember when I first upgraded to 10 from 7 that right-clicking the Xbox entry on the Start Menu & selecting Uninstall didn't help & that there are lots of other Xbox-related files on the comfuser.

Can anyone tell me what PowerShell entries I need to use? This is what I have tried (using both my Administrator & Standard accounts):
    1. Opened Powershell as administrator.
    2. Typed the following command: "Get-AppxPackage –AllUsers" (w/o quotes) & tapped Enter.
    3. Looked for the name of the app I want uninstalled & found its PackageFullName.
    4. Typed: "Remove-AppxPackage (PackageFullName)" (w/o sp. characters) & tapped Enter.
    5. Closed Powershell & rebooted.

But after the reboot, when I go back into Powershell & type: "Get-AppxPackage –AllUsers" (w/o quotes), everything Xbox-related is still listed. Below is the list of Xbox-related items on my comfuser:
    Name : Microsoft.XboxApp
    PackageFullName : Microsoft.XboxApp_44.44.7002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    InstallLocation : C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.XboxApp_44.44.7002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Name : Microsoft.XboxSpeechToTextOverlay
    PackageFullName : Microsoft.XboxSpeechToTextOverlay_1.21.13002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    InstallLocation : C:\Program Files\
    WindowsApps\Microsoft.XboxSpeechToTextOverlay_1.21.13002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Name : Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider
    PackageFullName : Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_12.46.25001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    WindowsApps\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_12.46.25001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Name : Microsoft.Xbox.TCUI
    PackageFullName : Microsoft.Xbox.TCUI_1.24.10001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    InstallLocation : C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Xbox.TCUI_1.24.10001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Name : Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI
    PackageFullName : Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI_1000.17134.1.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    InstallLocation : C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI_cw5n1h2txyewy

Name : Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay
    PackageFullName : Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay_1.16.1012.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    WindowsApps\Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay_1.16.1012.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Name : Microsoft.XboxGameOverlay
    PackageFullName : Microsoft.XboxGameOverlay_1.37.25001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    WindowsApps\Microsoft.XboxGameOverlay_1.37.25001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

I've tried to go into each app item's Install Location, but I get the error message pictured below. I wonder if the reason these will not uninstall is due to the PITA- TrustedInstaller?

I also did use the Windows 10 Store Apps Uninstaller (https://gallery.technet.microsoft.co...-Apps-5f60b9e3) & although it seems to have helped when using the program, the program still didn't remove EVERYTHING I want uninstalled.

:)

2. Ariel Acu Win User

remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

I appreciate your reply. It seems that the game progress was saved to your Xbox account associated on your computer that's why you can't play the game from the beginning. I recommend that you remove the account on your computer by performing the following
    steps:

1. Press the Windows icon, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Under Email & app accounts, click the Microsoft account, then click Remove.

I also suggest that you reset the Xbox app on your computer so that we could ensure that no account is linked to it. To get started, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Jan 31, 2019
  3. SIcam Win User
    XBox: How to remove a "friend"?

How do I remove a "friend" from Xbox in Windows 10?

Background: Xbox auto-suggested friends. I'd never seen the screen, so intended to find out who the first suggested person was by viewing their profile. Was the person from my contact list, or just a random person? Unfortunately, the click caused this
    complete (probably) stranger to be my first "friend." No thanks. I want to know who I'm adding. I don't see any place to remove this stranger.

SIcam, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Karen Her Win User

Remove xbox from OS win10

Hi,

Windows 10 has a variety of built-in apps, and Xbox is one of them. You can uninstall it by following the steps below:

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Choose Xbox, and select Uninstall.

If it’s not available, you can try the steps below:

• Type PowerShell in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell, and select
      Run as Administrator.
    • Type Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage, and hit
      Enter.
    • Exit PowerShell.

Since you’ve mentioned that you are having issue with your mouse, you can perform the troubleshooting steps in this article (Mouse,
    touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    ) before removing Xbox.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Removal of EVERYTHING Xbox-related. - Similar Threads - Removal EVERYTHING Xbox

2. Iam done with everything microsoft related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Iam done with everything microsoft related: this company has lost its way but clearly the higher ups are so f#$kin arrogant they would read this and say we are doing a great job,,,no ,no youre not.Where to begin?windows OS it runs like garbage its not user friendly in fact its the opposite they lock users out of places...
  3. Iam done with everything microsoft related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Iam done with everything microsoft related: this company has lost its way but clearly the higher ups are so f#$kin arrogant they would read this and say we are doing a great job,,,no ,no youre not.Where to begin?windows OS it runs like garbage its not user friendly in fact its the opposite they lock users out of places...
  4. Iam done with everything microsoft related

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Removing Everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Everything: If I decide to reset the pc and erase everything, would I have to repurchase apps or would I just have to reinstall them as if I only deleted them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-everything/b9d9a22d-fed4-41a6-82b5-3aad3eaa17f6
  6. Removing Everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Everything: If I decide to reset the pc and erase everything, would I have to repurchase apps or would I just have to reinstall them as if I only deleted them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-everything/b9d9a22d-fed4-41a6-82b5-3aad3eaa17f6
  7. Removing Everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Restore/Remove Everything

Restore/Remove Everything: Restore/Remove Everything doesn't work. I go through the process, taking some minutes to run, and end with a message that says windows was unable to perform the function. I've removed things like anti-viurs and other things that I though might be blocking the process, but...
  9. rebooting with remove everything

rebooting with remove everything: I'm planning to reboot my laptop, so does (remove everything) resets my C drive or all the drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rebooting-with-remove-everything/c4719a66-13d1-495a-bf19-cb92f9c9f967
  10. Reset and remove everything

Reset and remove everything: Hello my friends. I reset windows 10 and chose remove everything yesterday. And i have a question.has All virus and connection history of my pc been deleted?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft.Xbox.TCUI_1.24.10001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

2. remove Microsoft.Xbox.TCUI_1.24.10001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe