Windows 10: removal of french accents on my english keyboard

Discus and support removal of french accents on my english keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to remove accents that appear on certain keys such as È... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TonySalem, May 22, 2020.

1. TonySalem Win User

removal of french accents on my english keyboard

I want to remove accents that appear on certain keys such as È

:)

TonySalem, May 22, 2020
  2. LouFerl Win User

Accent grave on French Canadian Keyboard

I have the same problem and I think I know what it is, though I still do not have a good solution. The French Canadian keyboard configuration puts the u accent grave character on a key between the z and the left shift key, but my physical keyboard does not
    have such a key.

The least bad solution I have found when typing in French (I am indeed and French Canadian, but living in the US and I can't actually buy a keyboard, let alone a laptop with that physical keyboard configuration here) is to use the ALT code (ALT + 151 or
    ALT + 0249). Another possibility is to revert to the English US keyboard configuration (simply ALT + SHIFT, if you have set it up), type CTRL + ` and then u, and then come back to the French Canadian keyboard (ALT + SHIFT again) to continue writing.

Neither of these solutions is awesome and if someone knows of a way to get that character with a simpler set of keystroke on a French Canadian keyboard configuration but a US physical keyboard, I would love to hear it!

Cheers!

LouFerl, May 22, 2020
  3. Keyboard in input field problem (not english nor french)

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the keyboard language. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer\keyboard?

2. Have you tried connecting other keyboards and check if the issue persists?

I suggest you to remove the other keyboard languages apart from English Language
    and check if the issue still persists.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Type Windows + X and then select Control Panel
    • Select Languages.
    • In Keyboard layout select the language.
    • Select the other languages apart from the English language in the input method and then select Remove.
    Please reply us back if the issue still persists. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, May 22, 2020
  4. removal of french accents on my english keyboard

Accent grave on French Canadian Keyboard

Hello,

I've recently started using the Canadian French Keyboard on my new Window 10 desktop. Unfortunately, I am having trouble finding the "u accent grave" on the keyboard. I could pretty much do every other accented alphabet but the "u accent grave".

My keyboard have special keys for é, è, , ç, and everything else with "accent circonflex" or "le tréma" are manual.

I also have a mac and the "u accent grave" is the tilde key next to 1 at the top left hand corner on that keyboard. On the PC, however it's the forward and back slash. I've exhausted every other option I could find on the internet so if anyone could kindly
    show me what to do that'll be awesome.

Thank you.

94898123-b501-41fb-9700-06def52d727a, May 22, 2020
Thema:

removal of french accents on my english keyboard

1. removal of french accents on my english keyboard - Similar Threads - removal french accents

2. Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?: I've got her speaking French.I've got her speaking English.But trying to get her to speak in English with a French accent I've been struggling to do? Is it possible?I have it working with Alexa, I have it working with Google, I have it working with Home Assistant, but will it...
  3. Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?: I've got her speaking French.I've got her speaking English.But trying to get her to speak in English with a French accent I've been struggling to do? Is it possible?I have it working with Alexa, I have it working with Google, I have it working with Home Assistant, but will it...
  4. Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Accents when typing on English UK Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accents when typing on English UK Keyboard: Hi folks,Sometimes when I'm typing, accented letters come up. I'm on the English UK Keyboard, so I'm wondering if there's some key-combo I'm accidentally pressing or something similar.A few details that might help:I'm on Windows 11 on a Surface Laptop Go 2I have 2 keyboards,...
  6. Accents when typing on English UK Keyboard

Accents when typing on English UK Keyboard: Hi folks,Sometimes when I'm typing, accented letters come up. I'm on the English UK Keyboard, so I'm wondering if there's some key-combo I'm accidentally pressing or something similar.A few details that might help:I'm on Windows 11 on a Surface Laptop Go 2I have 2 keyboards,...
  7. Can't remove English Australia FRENCH keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove English Australia FRENCH keyboard: How do I remove the French keyboard layout for the English Australia language in Windows 11? It is listed as ENG English Australia French in the keyboard layout.However, this keyboard is not listed under language and region in the control panel, so I don't know how to get rid...
  8. Can't remove English Australia FRENCH keyboard

Can't remove English Australia FRENCH keyboard: How do I remove the French keyboard layout for the English Australia language in Windows 11? It is listed as ENG English Australia French in the keyboard layout.However, this keyboard is not listed under language and region in the control panel, so I don't know how to get rid...
  9. French accents NOT è/é on CMS keyboard Windows 10

French accents NOT è/é on CMS keyboard Windows 10: So I've figured out how the change my keyboard, and about doing the accent aigu and grave on the e, but for the life of me, no matter what chart I follow, no matter what combination of CTRL, ALT, SHIFT, and the suggested keys for the accent grave, aigu, trema, circonflex, any...
  10. Accents on French Canadian Keyboard

Accents on French Canadian Keyboard: Hello! I've started using the French Canadian keyboard setup on my standard keyboard because I'm writing in French more and more. My only problem is that everyone says that the ' button second from the right on the caps row should let me then press any letter and get an...