Windows 10: Removal of Installation File Remnants after Uninstall

Discus and support Removal of Installation File Remnants after Uninstall in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After noticing certain issues with a program after I downloaded and installed it (CyberLink Media Suite 15 Ultra), I decided to uninstall the program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Timothy R.Harris Jr., Dec 12, 2018.

1. Removal of Installation File Remnants after Uninstall

After noticing certain issues with a program after I downloaded and installed it (CyberLink Media Suite 15 Ultra), I decided to uninstall the program and re-install it from the back-up disk. But when I uninstalled the program, the installation folder remained in the Program Files folder along with a couple sub-folders and files (several MB in total).
    How do I delete these files and clean them from the registry? There was a tool from Microsoft that was supposed to be able to do this, but it requires knowledge of the Program ID as it is listed in the Registry (one of those alpha-numeric codes).

(TO ANY MICROSOFT PROGRAMMERS/ENGINEERS READING THIS: You need to make a simple-to-use method for this sort of issue. It should work like this:
    In the File Explorer menu, there should be an option where you highlight an installation folder remnant and its entire contents will be removed/deleted, as well as all of the Registry entries associated with that folder being deleted.)
    KISS= Keep It Simple, Stupid.

:)

Timothy R.Harris Jr., Dec 12, 2018

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Removal of Installation File Remnants after Uninstall :confused:

oli_ramsay, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Need help to remove Nvidia remnants after installing ATI

So this is my first ATI card. I removed the nvidia driver, ran driver cleaner pro in safe mode.

However in my Program List in the Control Panel I have these 3 items I cannot remove:

-Nvidia Performance
    -Nvidia Physx
    -Nvidia System monitor

Whenever I try I get the message "This software requires an Nvidia device to operate" and the uninstall gets aborted.
    I can't uninstall them in Safe Mode because they require the Windows Installer service to run.

Any clue?

Black Panther, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Indra EMC Win User

Removal of Installation File Remnants after Uninstall

Need help to remove Nvidia remnants after installing ATI

I'm using THIS for cleaning drivers remnant and programs in Windows Vista / 7

Indra EMC, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Removal of Installation File Remnants after Uninstall

1. Removal of Installation File Remnants after Uninstall - Similar Threads - Removal Installation File

2. [SOLVED] Unable to remove remnants of Windows.Old

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [SOLVED] Unable to remove remnants of Windows.Old: Hello,I recently dug up an old computer that I used some times ago. This computer wasn’t performing well so I decided to reset it, so as to have it cleaned up from all the junks and scraps it had. The reset went successfully, everything deleted. Although, when browsing my...
  3. [SOLVED] Unable to remove remnants of Windows.Old

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [SOLVED] Unable to remove remnants of Windows.Old: Hello,I recently dug up an old computer that I used some times ago. This computer wasn’t performing well so I decided to reset it, so as to have it cleaned up from all the junks and scraps it had. The reset went successfully, everything deleted. Although, when browsing my...
  4. [SOLVED] Unable to remove remnants of Windows.Old

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to remove remnants of Windows.Old

Unable to remove remnants of Windows.Old: Hello,I recently dug up an old computer that I used some times ago. This computer wasn’t performing well so I decided to reset it, so as to have it cleaned up from all the junks and scraps it had. The reset went successfully, everything deleted. Although, when browsing my...
  6. Unable to remove remnants of Windows.Old

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to remove remnants of Windows.Old: Hello,I recently dug up an old computer that I used some times ago. This computer wasn’t performing well so I decided to reset it, so as to have it cleaned up from all the junks and scraps it had. The reset went successfully, everything deleted. Although, when browsing my...
  7. Unable to remove remnants of Windows.Old

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. PROBABLE REMNANTS PREVENTING RE-INSTALLATION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PROBABLE REMNANTS PREVENTING RE-INSTALLATION: After attempting automatic updates initiated by aTurboTax 2020, received Fatal Error 1603. Downloaded the manual update file forthe program, and installed it successfully ?. The program was started andreceived the notice that updates were being installed, but received Fatal...
  9. Target removal through .bat file of remnant apps

Target removal through .bat file of remnant apps: I have comprised the following using the information provided on this site, a .bat file that removes all apps from local, other accounts and future accounts. Apps.zip However, upon launching CCleaner > Tools > Uninstall we have several remnants that are left behind we need...
  10. Bug: Notifications Remnants & Defender Off After Antivirus Uninstall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bug: Notifications Remnants & Defender Off After Antivirus Uninstall: This seems like a bug or, at least, messy leftovers. I uninstalled Bitdefender Antivirus but it is still showing up in the list of apps to show notifications for. [img] The Windows Defender services have not started back up either and the settings page is greyed...