Windows 10: Removal of Instructions TEXT from the Windows 10 Lock Screen

Discus and support Removal of Instructions TEXT from the Windows 10 Lock Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to completely remove the Instructions TEXT (where it says to press Ctrl+Alt+Del, etc.) from the Windows 10 Lock Screen? I'm running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Win10_User_tm, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Removal of Instructions TEXT from the Windows 10 Lock Screen

Is it possible to completely remove the Instructions TEXT (where it says to press Ctrl+Alt+Del, etc.) from the Windows 10 Lock Screen?

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, build 1803. I do want the Lock Screen, just not the instructions text telling me how to unlock it. Having unlocked my computer a few thousand times, I really don't want to read the very same paragraph of instruction every time I sit down. And, this detracts from the lovely Windows Spotlight Images, which I would enjoy even more if this silly text was not cluttering the screen.

Cheers, TM

:)

Win10_User_tm, Dec 10, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 10, 2018
  3. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 10, 2018
  4. kovu Win User

Removal of Instructions TEXT from the Windows 10 Lock Screen

Thema:

Removal of Instructions TEXT from the Windows 10 Lock Screen

1. Removal of Instructions TEXT from the Windows 10 Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Removal Instructions TEXT

2. Removing Password from Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Password from Lock Screen: Whenever i open my laptop i always have to sign in to my microsoft account. Even whenever i turn off the sleep mode i have to sign in and type my password. I want to turn off the password option.I am using windows 11....
  3. Removing Password from Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Password from Lock Screen: Whenever i open my laptop i always have to sign in to my microsoft account. Even whenever i turn off the sleep mode i have to sign in and type my password. I want to turn off the password option.I am using windows 11....
  4. Remove PIN from Windows Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove PIN from Windows Lock Screen: I have just set up Microsoft Family Safety on 4 computers at home. In doing so I verified the accounts on 3 of the computers. Two of the computers have also been updated to Windows 11, the other two are running Windows 10.After adding Family Safety, I was prompted to create a...
  5. Remove PIN from Windows Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove PIN from Windows Lock Screen: I have just set up Microsoft Family Safety on 4 computers at home. In doing so I verified the accounts on 3 of the computers. Two of the computers have also been updated to Windows 11, the other two are running Windows 10.After adding Family Safety, I was prompted to create a...
  6. Removing "Sleep" from the lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Removing "Sleep" from the lock screen: Hi, I want to remove the "Sleep" option from the Windows 10 lock screen. I found GPO items to be able to remove it form the start menu, but I now want to also remove it from the lock screen. Am I missing something? Or is it truly not there? I've got a range of Windows...
  7. Unable to remove ads from lock screen on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to remove ads from lock screen on Windows 10: I have already unchecked the option below and they're still there and I cannot find any other solution online. Seems like this should be so simple, so it is very frustrating. Thank you for your help. [img] 125611
  8. Remove advertising from lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove advertising from lock screen: I get ads on my lock screen for something called microsoft rewards. Like the following: Like what you see? Who doesn't love free stuff? Earn points towards free games Millions have already joined, you in? What is this, an advertisement for male enhancement pills?...
  9. Lock Screen Text Colour

Lock Screen Text Colour: I was going through Lock Screen settings the other day but I cant find any way to change the Time/Date from the default White, is this possible ? [img] 57473
  10. Remove Clock from Lock Screen?

Remove Clock from Lock Screen?: Hi everyone, I was wondering if there was a way to remove the Clock and Date from the Lock Screen. I tried the same method used for Windows 8/8.1, but it's not working. 10113