Windows 10: Removal of locked account.

Discus and support Removal of locked account. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft. I wish to delete a certain account on my device. I know that, in order to delete an account, you have to head to the 'Email & app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joachim Borup, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Removal of locked account.

Hello Microsoft.

I wish to delete a certain account on my device. I know that, in order to delete an account, you have to head to the 'Email & app accounts', select the account and then select 'Manage'. In order to manage that account, you have to log in to it, and that's where my problem is.

The account in question uses an email provided by my former school, and is recognized by my system as a 'Workplace or school account'. The issue is that since I no longer attend said school, the email account has been blocked, and I can no longer log in to it, thus preventing me from managing my Windows account using that email.

What can I do to delete an account that I can't log in to?

Below, you can see a partial screenshot of the list of accounts from my 'Email & app accounts' settings page, and the account in question circled. The emails have been censored. Clicking the 'Manage' button redirects me to the Microsoft log in page, where I'll be told the account is blocked, preventing me from logging into it.

Removal of locked account. 6ce4c1b5-69ac-4a7f-b707-b309edac9699?upload=true.png

Edit: I forgot to mention that the Windows system will tell me there's a problem with my accounts every time I start the computer up. This problem is due to the system finding out it can't use my work/school account since it's been blocked.

:)

Joachim Borup, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Remove an account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to remove the mail account from Mail app.

Removing an account

Outlook help - Office Support

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

I would like to inform you that if you do not have any other user account created on your computer, you will not be able to remove the account. The only option for you is to convert the existing Microsoft account to Local account.
    You may refer to the following steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account.

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click
      OK
    • Now, login to Local account.

If you want to bypass the login screen and directly enter to desktop without entering the password, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo + R keys.
    • Type netplwiz and Press
      ENTER.
    • Uncheck the box “Users must enter
      a username and password to use this computer” and Click
      Apply.
    • Double click on the User account on which you want to apply this settings.
    • You’ll now be asked to enter the username and password of the account you want to be logged in with automatically
    • Click on OK button.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Removal of locked account.

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Removal of locked account.

1. Removal of locked account. - Similar Threads - Removal locked account

2. Account locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account locked: Hello, I recently purchased a computer with a Microsoft login. I used my old account to set it up and everything was great.. until I turned the computer off and tried to log back in.. it says that since I have logged in onto a new system I have to have a code sent to my phone...
  3. Account is locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account is locked: My account got locked for violating the terms of service. I'm not sure what I did but I promise you, I wasn't trying to break the rules. I may have been hacked and surprisingly, I was able to reset the password. But I still can't log in. So, I called the customer service...
  4. Account locked

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Account locked: Hi, my Microsoft account has been locked.Apparently They don't say you why it is locked, thanks guys it is because I changed my password and forgot to update it on my mobile.During the night my mobile tried several times to connect to the account and this activity caused the...
  5. Account locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account locked: Hi, my Microsoft account has been locked.Apparently They don't say you why it is locked, thanks guys it is because I changed my password and forgot to update it on my mobile.During the night my mobile tried several times to connect to the account and this activity caused the...
  6. Removing locked accounts from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing locked accounts from Windows 10: Hi!I recently got this issue where Windows would constantly give me these annoying notifications saying my account needs to be fixed. This is because, like many other schools, my school sets up emails for the students. When those students graduate, the emails are locked, and...
  7. Remove a locked school account from Windows Accounts without signing in

Remove a locked school account from Windows Accounts without signing in: I have just finished my studies and my student account Microsoft 365 has been locked. Now, I can't seem to remove it from the Settings menu on my laptop because it requires signing in.Is there a way to remove it without accessing the account through the pop-up login screen in...
  8. Lock Removal

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Removal: So I am a father of 2 and my kids have found ways around the whole lock thing so I solved the problem by simply adding a new program that they dont know about that activates a similar lock... is there any way I can remove the original program so I dont have to manage 2? I am...
  9. How to Remove Locked Accounts from the "Accounts Used by Other Apps" Section

How to Remove Locked Accounts from the "Accounts Used by Other Apps" Section: Hello, I currently have two accounts linked to my laptop which are both from old jobs. Both emails have since been locked/deactived by the company. I've gone into my settings and clicked on the manage account tab, but instead of giving me immediate options it takes me to a...
  10. Remove user account picture on lock-screen.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove user account picture on lock-screen.: I recently updated to Version 1903 and the usual tactics to get rid of the user account picture or default logo on the lock-screen are not working. This is what I want to remove to the left of the red arrow: [img] I used the methods successfully outlined in this thread...