Windows 10: Removal of persistant information on desktop

Discus and support Removal of persistant information on desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I open the computer,the usual desktop icons are overlaid with a page obtained by clicking a link from a downloaded document. This page obscures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hanora, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Hanora Win User

Removal of persistant information on desktop

When I open the computer,the usual desktop icons are overlaid with a page obtained by clicking a link from a downloaded document.

This page obscures most of the icons and limits what I can see or say. There is nowhere on the page to click to remove. It is driving me mad. Please help me to remain sane by advising how I can get rid of this problem

Many thanks

Norrie

:)

Hanora, Dec 5, 2019

2. Removed icon from desktop screen how do i get it back.

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• When you say “Support Assistant” are you referring to any program?
    • Did you remove or uninstall from the computer?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Go to Start.
    • Select all apps.
    • Check if the “Support assistant” is listed.
    • If listed Drag & drop to the desktop screen.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Removal of persistant information on desktop

desktop icons

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please try below steps and check if it helps to stop rearranging desktop icon automatically.

• Right click on
            desktop, click on View.

• Uncheck Auto arrange icons.

Hope this helps. If issue persists, please reply with information for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Removal of persistant information on desktop

1. Removal of persistant information on desktop - Similar Threads - Removal persistant information

2. Remove Properties and Personal Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Properties and Personal Information: Hi, When I go into a files properties, for this a WAV file and select details I am unable to edit any of the Properties. At the bottom is the link for "Remove Properties and Personal Information", when I select this I get an additional properties box appear.I have created a...
  3. Remove Properties and Personal Information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Properties and Personal Information: Hi, When I go into a files properties, for this a WAV file and select details I am unable to edit any of the Properties. At the bottom is the link for "Remove Properties and Personal Information", when I select this I get an additional properties box appear.I have created a...
  4. Remove Properties and Personal Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Properties and Personal Information: Hi, This is something completely new to me. I bought an album, and all the details of each file was missing I logged a complaint with the company that provided me the files So, I went into the properties of each file and selected "Details" tab so I could put in the correct...
  5. Remove Properties and Personal Information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Properties and Personal Information: Hi, This is something completely new to me. I bought an album, and all the details of each file was missing I logged a complaint with the company that provided me the files So, I went into the properties of each file and selected "Details" tab so I could put in the correct...
  6. Removing Properties and Personal Information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing Properties and Personal Information: Like I have some MKV files which contains misleading titles and I want to remove those, but when I click the "Remove Properties and Personal Information" link I do not get the option to chose which information would I like to remove. Like in some files there is a check box...
  7. Persistent Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Persistent Desktop Folder: There is a folder on my Desktop. There is nothing in it. It is not used for anything. I do not want it. I cannot get rid of it. I have moved it to the Recycle Bin. I have Deleted it using Windows Explorer. I have DEL'ed it with DOS. I have removed it with...
  8. Trojan:Win32/Persistence!rfn partially removed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojan:Win32/Persistence!rfn partially removed: Hi, I think I got a trojan while downloading a VST on a shady website. I did a full scan using Microsoft Safety Scanner and I believe it said there were only 2 infected files. In the final results it says Trojan:Win32/Persistence!rfn, and the scan results are partially...
  9. How to make Windows Desktop persistent?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make Windows Desktop persistent?: Hello! After Windows wakeup from sleep or if I restart Windows Explorer the view of the desktop ist messily. Sometimes I am able to refresh the view, sometimes I have to define the order. Do you know, how to set the desktop view permamently? Thank you for advice with...
  10. Desktop frozen, persistent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop frozen, persistent: Hi, I'm using windows 10 on surface pro, and it has frozen on the desktop. I've tried restarting, and it does the same thing. I can't click on anything, and the cursor is showing the moving circle like its busy. Last time I was using it successfully it kept throwing up a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove persistant icon on desktop windows