Windows 10: Removal of secondary Boot option?

Discus and support Removal of secondary Boot option? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys. I started my journey here with a compatibility issue of a program after a windows update. I was told to use a Bootable USB and recreate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrittD1, Jul 3, 2019.

1. BrittD1 Win User

Removal of secondary Boot option?

Hi guys. I started my journey here with a compatibility issue of a program after a windows update. I was told to use a Bootable USB and recreate windows due to my computer being unable to perform a system restore. In the process, a secondary OS was created on my D storage drive and the problem was still not fixed. When i discovered I could reenter my old OS i solved my issue, it was pointing to the wrong graphics card, a quick switch solved it. However, I was left with the secondary OS.

Another set of calls later, A tech helped format the drive in question and I was able to return my work folders to the recreated partition. I believed the problem to be gone at long last, but I was very wrong. I can boot into the original OS the computer had just fine, Im just not sure how itll effect my PC and further projects/programs while using it.

The second OS remained with every boot up, giving me this error message and appearing in MSconfig whenever i attempted to boot in anything other than selective startup. I have provided screenshots and grab more if needed. Despite many calls to microsoft I was unable to find someone to assist me, I had hope maybe someone here could. Thank you to anyone who reads this.

. Removal of secondary Boot option? 2a64cf2c-32e0-4700-ab91-1ada8e7870bf?upload=true.png Removal of secondary Boot option? 25d93d37-00cb-4e67-9f05-c409e52c1c5b?upload=true.png Removal of secondary Boot option? 1a293038-0cfb-4e53-9aeb-4e07d809ea63?upload=true.png

Removal of secondary Boot option? [​IMG]

:)

BrittD1, Jul 3, 2019
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Jul 3, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Removal of secondary Boot option?

Boot options

Hi Prabhat,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Lets follow the below step and check if it helps.

If you would like to remove the rollback option from the boot up experience:

• From the Start menu or the Search icon, search for cmd.
    • Press-and-hold or right-click Command Prompt from the search results and select
      Run as administrator
    • Type bcdedit /timeout 0 at the command prompt and hit ENTER
    You can get the uninstall option back in the boot menu by following these steps again, but change the
    timeout value to something between 1 and 30, instead of zero.

A few words of warning about the new Uninstall feature:

• If you run Uninstall, you’ll need to know your password from your previous OS.  Account information is not saved from Windows 10 Technical Preview.  Instead, the accounts from your previous OS will be put back in its entirety.
      • Any built-in, modern apps from Windows 8.1 that were updated or replaced for Technical Preview will not work after you Uninstall back to Windows 8.1.  You can repair these apps by uninstalling the app manually and then re-downloading
        them from the Windows Store.
      • There are several ways you can inadvertently break or disable the Uninstall feature:
        • Running Reset or Refresh on Tech Preview will remove the Uninstall option
        • Running Disk Cleanup and removing the Windows.old folder will remove the Uninstall option
        • Adding a new user account in Tech Preview will remove the Uninstall option
        • Removing individual files from the Windows.old folder, without deleting the whole folder, may still allow the Uninstall option to be run.  However if you do, Uninstall
        • may not only fail, it may cause your PC to fail to boot into Windows.

Let us know if this helps or post back if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Removal of secondary Boot option?

1. Removal of secondary Boot option? - Similar Threads - Removal secondary Boot

2. how to remove fedora boot option frim uefi boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove fedora boot option frim uefi boot: i had a linux fedora version installed on my main ssd with a partition i now want to use an external ssd but even after i deleted the os and removed the partition i still have an boot option in my uefi "bios" i tried removing it with the "bcdedit /enum frimware" but after a...
  3. Remove Macrium from boot options ??

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Remove Macrium from boot options ??: When i switch on my PC i get two options windows 10 of Macrium reflect Is there a way to stop the Macrium Reflect option from loading or is this not advisable? 183528
  4. Remove boot options?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove boot options?: Hello folks, I am just wondering if anyone could help me please? As stated in the title I am needing help in removing boot options, I was dual booting W10 along with Linux but I have stopped using Linux now and I have tried removing the Linux from boot menu but haven't been...
  5. Secure Boot is removing Boot from HardDrive as a Boot Option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Secure Boot is removing Boot from HardDrive as a Boot Option: Hello, My main SSD ended up getting corrupted somehow and had to install a brand new blank SSD in my Alienware R13. I have since installed Win10 from a usb drive onto the SSD and it is working as expected. However, when I go into the BIOS to enable "Secure Boot" again to...
  6. HELP! Win 10 won't boot when secondary SSD removed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HELP! Win 10 won't boot when secondary SSD removed: Hi all, I have encountered an issue where my win 10 will freeze during startup. I have two SSD drives on my PC, C and D, where C drive is the one with Win 10 installed, while D drive is used to store documents, photos, etc as well as large non-system applications such as...
  7. Secondary hdd boot error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Secondary hdd boot error: I have installed Windows on my ssd in my laptop.. I took off the cd-dvd case and put an hdd.. now when I turn on there's an error (0xc000000f).. I entered the bios and the boot order is ok.. however if I press esc several times I get the option to choose a boot drive.. so I...
  8. Secondary sounds options disappeared?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary sounds options disappeared?: When I was on Windows 7 I had 2 playback devices in my list. The first one was for my headphones which are plugged into the back of my computer and the second for my external speakers with are plugged into the slots at the front. I now for some reason only have one playback...
  9. PC wont boot when I remove secondary hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC wont boot when I remove secondary hard drive: Hi guys, I'm trying to remove an old secondary drive which is making an annoying noise but when I do my pc wont boot. It just has a black screen and nothing happens. I think the problem might have come from when I installed ages ago and kept both drives in. How can I change...
  10. Windows boots on secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boots on secondary monitor: Hello, I'm having an issue were the bios splash screen/Windows will boot up on the secondary monitor and then will go to the main so i can login.. i find this to be annoying and not only that.. it gives me an issue where if i alt tab out of my games.. it claims i have no...