Windows 10: Removal of streaks dots and lines from video captured from VHS Cassette Tape

Discus and support Removal of streaks dots and lines from video captured from VHS Cassette Tape in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hallo Can you help I've a portion of videotape recorded via a capture card for processing to DVD. Before the processing can go ahead, there are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by agent_fog, May 11, 2020.

1. agent_fog Win User

Removal of streaks dots and lines from video captured from VHS Cassette Tape

Hallo

Can you help

I've a portion of videotape recorded via a capture card for processing to DVD. Before the processing can go ahead, there are segments of the tape what plays back as perfect and segments what present with dots as you see in the example.

Removal of streaks dots and lines from video captured from VHS Cassette Tape d1a9aebd-4ec0-4b3b-a30a-0c23c04b2a6b?upload=true.jpg

Could you indicate what software can be used so as to perform the removal of the dots and lines as you sees in the stills taken from the video as awaiting processing.

Thanks kindly for any assistance.

regards

:)

agent_fog, May 11, 2020
  2. S-and-S Win User

VHS Tape Conversion and Capture

First, you'll need a capture device to convert the VHS tapes from analog to digital. The

Dazzle DVD Recorder HD
    is an example. To find more capture devices, as well as professionally written reviews, search the web, using

best VHS capture device

as your search term.

Then, you'll want video editing software to turn the captured video into a final product, like

Nero
    or
    Pinnacle Studio
    . As above, to find more video editors, along with professional reviews, search the web using

best video editing software

as your search term.

I will tell you that capture devices and video editors are complicated; you'll need to spend a good amount of time learning how to use them. If you've got many VHS tapes to convert, and you're somewhat technically inclined, the investment in time (and money)
    that you will make is definitely worthwhile, and you'll be very happy with the results. But if you only have a few videos to convert, you'll find it easier and less expensive to let a professional do this for you.

Also keep in mind that video capture and editing and processor-intensive, so you'll need a pretty powerful computer for best results.

S-and-S, May 11, 2020
  3. DanB_4137 Win User
    VHS Tape Conversion and Capture

Thank you for the feedback. Very much appreciated.

D

DanB_4137, May 11, 2020
  4. Exavier Win User

VHS tapes

cassette tapes but not VHS, I still got a player though but it doesn't like DIY tapes (blank recorded etc) they have to have been done by a company so all my old 007 VHS still work but my recorded stuff doesn't lol

Exavier, May 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Removal of streaks dots and lines from video captured from VHS Cassette Tape - Similar Threads - Removal streaks dots

2. Can Windows recognize cassette and VHS tapes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows recognize cassette and VHS tapes?: I have sort of a standard cassette drive and a VHS drive.I want to play or covert these in Windows, however, it is not recognized in Windows because there is no such driver.I was unable to find such driver that exists that dose not cause a conflict or critical errors.Is it...
  3. Can Windows recognize cassette and VHS tapes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Windows recognize cassette and VHS tapes?: I have sort of a standard cassette drive and a VHS drive.I want to play or covert these in Windows, however, it is not recognized in Windows because there is no such driver.I was unable to find such driver that exists that dose not cause a conflict or critical errors.Is it...
  4. Can Windows recognize cassette and VHS tapes?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Video Streaks clouding?

Video Streaks clouding?: Hello! I have an HP Envy and sent it back to fix the video problem but they said they found none. But I still found videos from from FB and YouTube tend to show up in colorful streaks. Does anyone know how to fix it?Is it a hardware or software problem?...
  6. transferring vhs tape to dvd windows 10

transferring vhs tape to dvd windows 10: I keep getting the message try another device tried three different usb cables still get this message c an you help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-vhs-tape-to-dvd-windows-10/1c900507-fbbe-4069-844f-02de0629dca3
  7. transferring video from minidv tape

transferring video from minidv tape: I have an old canon 40 Elura. The software is not compatible with window 10 and canon does not have any. How can i transfer my old movies to my computer without the software?...
  8. EASY CAP for VHS tape

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EASY CAP for VHS tape: EASY CAP for VHS tape functions for my windows 10 . I have checked the driver and it is fit. I have checked the properties for compatibility and there is no problem with compatibility. the audio voice is fine and the video is shown but the video is dancing right and left....
  9. VHS Tape Conversion and Capture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VHS Tape Conversion and Capture: Looking for best way to download and store old VHS videos on my Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vhs-tape-conversion-and-capture/df4723eb-1d97-4256-9528-5e081fb993db"
  10. MiniDv tape capture not working...

MiniDv tape capture not working...: The title basically says it all. I have a firewire card in my PC and a firewire cable connected into it and the other end connected to my sony dsr PD170. I go on premiere pro and try to import the footage but the software just freezes for some reason, but goes back to normal...