Windows 10: Removal of user

Discus and support Removal of user in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How do I remove a user from my devise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removal-of-user/421cca21-1ac5-4d98-893e-77f9432829f9 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mickey105, May 13, 2021.

1. mickey105 Win User

Removal of user

How do I remove a user from my devise

:)

mickey105, May 13, 2021

2. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Removal of user 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, May 13, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 13, 2021
  4. deving Win User

Removal of user

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, May 13, 2021
Thema:

Removal of user

1. Removal of user - Similar Threads - Removal user

2. Microsoft suspended my hacked account, how do I remove the email from my windows user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft suspended my hacked account, how do I remove the email from my windows user?: A few days ago, my microsoft account was hacked. My email was still somehow linked to it, but the hackers added their own suspicious emails. Microsoft did not stop them from signing in despite having a 2fa app enabled, somehow. So, I contacted their support, and I luckily got...
  3. Microsoft suspended my hacked account, how do I remove the email from my windows user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft suspended my hacked account, how do I remove the email from my windows user?: A few days ago, my microsoft account was hacked. My email was still somehow linked to it, but the hackers added their own suspicious emails. Microsoft did not stop them from signing in despite having a 2fa app enabled, somehow. So, I contacted their support, and I luckily got...
  4. how to remove a user but keep file tracking data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to remove a user but keep file tracking data: I would like to remove an employee but keep document tracking assigned to the employee in SharePoint for regulatory purposes. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Also, for departments with shared emails and drives, do you set up a group or use email aliases?Thank you in...
  5. how to remove a user but keep file tracking data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove a user but keep file tracking data: I would like to remove an employee but keep document tracking assigned to the employee in SharePoint for regulatory purposes. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Also, for departments with shared emails and drives, do you set up a group or use email aliases?Thank you in...
  6. how to remove a user but keep file tracking data

7. After removing from the domain not getting other user option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After removing from the domain not getting other user option: ABCDef https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-removing-from-the-domain-not-getting-other/6791b8f8-5106-4c4a-9778-e1d32bde953f
  8. After removing from the domain not getting other user option

After removing from the domain not getting other user option: ABCDef https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-removing-from-the-domain-not-getting-other/6791b8f8-5106-4c4a-9778-e1d32bde953f
  9. After removing from the domain not getting other user option

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How to remove an Azure Login on Windows and replace with Local User Login?

How to remove an Azure Login on Windows and replace with Local User Login?: I setup a new computer.I was forced to use a Windows ID to setup the computer so I used my work Exchange email.Now the computer is setup, but for some reason the computer is linked to some Azure ID which I have no idea what that is.I do not want my computer to be locked via...