Windows 10: Removal of Windows 10 Key from a Laptop which isnt working anymore Part 2

Discus and support Removal of Windows 10 Key from a Laptop which isnt working anymore Part 2 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; In Reference to my question which werent being answered later on, on the link -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Suhaibsh, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Suhaibsh Win User

Removal of Windows 10 Key from a Laptop which isnt working anymore Part 2

In Reference to my question which werent being answered later on, on the link -

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_licensing/removal-of-windows-10-key-from-a-laptop-which-isnt/3b68934a-a08c-4bd2-bbb3-0d042ecae38b?messageId=88ac000d-053d-4244-aa6d-1c5cc1bb600a

The problem is my Laptop which had the Windows 10 Serial code installed stopped working due to hardware issue. I bought the Windows 8 when it was first released and later i upgraded to Windows 10. Now i understand that if i install Windows 8 on my NEW laptop it wont upgrade to Windows 10 as that feature is now closed.

I was informed in the link mentioned by "Suejin]"

"As long as your license is retail, you can have it transferred. No need to have it deactivated on your old hardware. Once it detects that you are activating your license on a new hardware, it should automatically deactivate from the old device.

As I've mentioned earlier, availing the free upgrade to Windows 10 will automatically link the license on the Microsoft Account you used. Just sign in with that same Microsoft Account during activation.

But i dont think it works like that as i work in an office where my Email is used and i am sure i have more than one code on my email as i even used my email on my kids laptop using OEM Windows 10.

Can i atleast know how many or which Serial code are registered on my email ? As i am still not able to buy a laptop as there is Corona and Laptops are still out of stock. I am using a Mac book for now. I am worried i cant get the Serial key for windows 10 which i got FREE after upgrading from Windows 8 again i paid for that and have recipt as proff

Kindly i need help i stopped getting answer so i decided to make a new post, I tried to chat or even call Microsoft but no luck

:)

Suhaibsh, Sep 13, 2020
  2. Suhaibsh Win User

Removal of Windows 10 Key from a Laptop which isnt working anymore

Dear Microsoft,

I bought a key for windows 8 which was later converted to Windows 10. Just 2 days back my laptop motherboard stopped working and i wish to buy a new laptop and use the Windows 10 Pro key which i was using on my old laptop but problem
    is my old laptop isnt even turning on. My new laptop only has windows 10 HOME EDITION. Kindly please help me get the Windows 10 key from my old Laptop so i can install that key on my new laptop. i have the serial number for Windows 8 but i never got the key
    for windows 10 as it was converted by windows 10 update.

Regards

Suhaib

Suhaibsh, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Suhaibsh Win User

Removal of Windows 10 Key from a Laptop which isnt working anymore

Dear [Suejin],

Thanks for the quick reply. No its not a OEM i actually bought Windows 8 when it was newly released. It is to my understanding that the Serial key is attached to the laptop hardware and the key can only be used on one Hardware. Thats
    why i wish to know how i can transfer my Windows 10 key to the new hard ware as my old laptop isnt working anymore and its not even turning on.

Regards

Suhaib

Suhaibsh, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Removal of Windows 10 Key from a Laptop which isnt working anymore Part 2 - Similar Threads - Removal Key Laptop

2. Windows 10 home key not working anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home key not working anymore.: I had issues with my PC turning off and powering back on randomly so I decided to disconnect everything and put it it back together to make sure everything was plugged in all the way and reseated my CPU. After doing this I noticed that I had the Windows watermark on my screen...
  3. a part of my screen isnt working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a part of my screen isnt working: a small part of my screen isnt working when i try to open a file or click there it doent work i dont know what to do about it so here i am https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-part-of-my-screen-isnt-working/ec27bbf7-faf2-4665-8b17-2096e688f6fc
  4. a part of my screen isnt working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a part of my screen isnt working: a small part of my screen isnt working when i try to open a file or click there it doent work i dont know what to do about it so here i am https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-part-of-my-screen-isnt-working/ec27bbf7-faf2-4665-8b17-2096e688f6fc
  5. My z key isnt working at all anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My z key isnt working at all anymore: Title gives you a basic rundown, but I'll detail it here:I've tried:-Uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them-Running a virus scan-Changing my language inputIt's also a laptop so I can't exactly get a new keyboard or anything sadly. I can, however, copy and paste it,...
  6. My z key isnt working at all anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My z key isnt working at all anymore: Title gives you a basic rundown, but I'll detail it here:I've tried:-Uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them-Running a virus scan-Changing my language inputIt's also a laptop so I can't exactly get a new keyboard or anything sadly. I can, however, copy and paste it,...
  7. My z key isnt working at all anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Removal of Windows 10 Key from a Laptop which isnt working anymore Part 3

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Removal of Windows 10 Key from a Laptop which isnt working anymore Part 3: Dear Microsoft, Recently i bought a new laptop which had Windows 10 Home Edtition OEM installed. Now as mentioned in my old request -...
  9. Removal of Windows 10 Key from a Laptop which isnt working anymore

Removal of Windows 10 Key from a Laptop which isnt working anymore: Dear Microsoft, I bought a key for windows 8 which was later converted to Windows 10. Just 2 days back my laptop motherboard stopped working and i wish to buy a new laptop and use the Windows 10 Pro key which i was using on my old laptop but problem is...
  10. product key isnt working

product key isnt working: I just bought windows 10 and my product key isnt working, for some reason i cant contact Microsoft i have tried https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-isnt-working/4fb62003-8322-4547-82fb-8466ab2f9595