Windows 10: Removal OneDrive elements left after uninstall

Discus and support Removal OneDrive elements left after uninstall in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi .... wish to remove OneDrive from fresh install W10..... have uninstalled it from inside Control Panel but am unnerved to find a OneDrive folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by stickie, Feb 10, 2019.

1. stickie Win User

Removal OneDrive elements left after uninstall

Hi .... wish to remove OneDrive from fresh install W10.....
    have uninstalled it from inside Control Panel but am unnerved to find a OneDrive folder lurking in my username folder, which contains some 10GB predominantly a clone of my Desktop ... please, please could someone provide the steps necessary to completely remove it ..... thanks in advance ..... Alan D Kerr

:)

stickie, Feb 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 10, 2019
  3. eve wang Win User
    Unable to uninstall Onedrive For Business

OneDrive can be uninstalled from some versions of Windows 10:

1. Select the Start button, type Programs in the search box, and then select Add or remove programs in the list of results.
    2. Under Apps & features, find and select Microsoft OneDrive, and then select Uninstall.

As OneDrive is built in to some versions of Windows and can't be uninstalled. As a workaround, you can hide it. Reference “Turn off or uninstall OneDrive” for detail steps:
    Turn off, disable, or uninstall OneDrive

eve wang, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Removal OneDrive elements left after uninstall

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Removal OneDrive elements left after uninstall :confused:

oli_ramsay, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Removal OneDrive elements left after uninstall

1. Removal OneDrive elements left after uninstall - Similar Threads - Removal OneDrive elements

2. Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall: File Explorer keeps freezing when trying to open a Word files stored on Sharepoint/OneDrive.I uninstalled OneDrive hoping to reinstall.Now OneDrive will not reinstall.And Chrome won't work.Windows Update shows that the computer is up to date.64-bit operating systemEdition...
  3. Struggling to remove what's left of OneDrive after uninstalling it. Want to move...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Struggling to remove what's left of OneDrive after uninstalling it. Want to move...: Hello,As the title suggests, I've just uninstalled OneDrive, but I've found that some of its folders still remain and it seems to be holding some of my "System Folders" hostage. The folders OneDrive refuses to let me move are the "Documents" and "Pictures" folders. If I...
  4. Struggling to remove what's left of OneDrive after uninstalling it. Want to move...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Struggling to remove what's left of OneDrive after uninstalling it. Want to move...: Hello,As the title suggests, I've just uninstalled OneDrive, but I've found that some of its folders still remain and it seems to be holding some of my "System Folders" hostage. The folders OneDrive refuses to let me move are the "Documents" and "Pictures" folders. If I...
  5. Struggling to remove what's left of OneDrive after uninstalling it. Want to move...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Removing of folder with left over files of uninstalled software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing of folder with left over files of uninstalled software: I unnstalled Surfshark VPN from my PC and some files are left over in a folder on Drive C. When I tried to remove it, I got a message "you require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder". Subsequently, after chat with Support Agent, I tried to delete it by...
  7. Files disappeared after uninstalling OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files disappeared after uninstalling OneDrive: All my files on desktop were syncing to onedrive, and the OneDrive got filled. So I uninstalled the OneDrive from the control panel. After that I saw that all the files on desktop disappeared and there was one new file called "where are my files". When I click on it, it says...
  8. Files left after Game apps uninstalled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files left after Game apps uninstalled: Hi allMy laptop came with the Candy Crush Saga and Cooking Fever apps installedI uninstalled them recentlyHowever TreeSize shows that there are files from these apps in the WindowsApps folder taking up nearly 1GB I can't delete them myself - they appear to be owned by...
  9. Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders left after uninstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders left after uninstallation: Needing more space on C:, I discovered three folders under C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ containing various versions of Candy Crush Saga, totalling 600 MB. No Candy Crush-type apps are found under Apps & Features. Trying to delete the folders fails because they are owned by...
  10. Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders left after uninstallation

in Windows 10 Support
    Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders left after uninstallation: Needing more space on C:, I discovered three folders under C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ containing various versions of Candy Crush Saga, totalling 600 MB. No Candy Crush-type apps are found under Apps & Features. Trying to delete the folders fails because they are owned by...