Windows 10: Remove 32GB ESD-USB partition after Windows 10 install on SSD

Discus and support Remove 32GB ESD-USB partition after Windows 10 install on SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello all, my old SSD started failing so I replaced it with new SDD. While still using Windows on old SSD I prepared the new SSD with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vatioz, Jun 16, 2020.

1. /u/vatioz Win User

Remove 32GB ESD-USB partition after Windows 10 install on SSD

Remove 32GB ESD-USB partition after Windows 10 install on SSD W9uM6Wj4U4nCBly6A9tu3OxLu60NxLZaKmFJmP5yhvg.jpg

Hello all,

my old SSD started failing so I replaced it with new SDD. While still using Windows on old SSD I prepared the new SSD with Windows Media Creation tool. Then I swapped the SSDs in the laptop and booted, installed Windows 10 on this new SSD...all is good and running.

ESD-USB partition

I am wondering however how can I get rid of the 32GB partition on my new SSD. The rest of the new SSD is running current Windows, but I don't want to loose that 32GB, since my new SSD is still just 256GB.

Do I need to get the new SSD out and remove/merge the ESD-USB partition while SSD is acting as external device? Or is it possible to get the 32GB back while I am still using it? Or do I need to reinstall completely from entirely different device (usb flash drive) in order to not loose that space?

Thanks for any advices.

submitted by /u/vatioz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vatioz, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Carsomyr Win User

Partition SSD during windows 10 install

I'm assembling a new PC and running a fresh windows 10 install. I'd like to know how to partition the ssd into 2 separate partitions during the windows install (I'm using a bootable usb drive to install Windows).

I want to know if I need to input specific settings for those partitions or if it's all automatic?

I need one partition for Windows on and another for my documents. The ssd has 960gb size.

So I'm guessing it has about 60gb over-provisionning. I could leave out a bit more, but it probably doesn't matter that much

Carsomyr, Jun 21, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    ESD USB (ERemove 32GB ESD-USB partition after Windows 10 install on SSD :) Query

Don't touch the System Reserved drive - that is managed by Windows 10 - you could brick your system if you mess with that partition!

The ESD USB is a partition on your Backup Drive. It is probably showing up in Windows File explorer as Drive E, but it is just a partition . . .

At some stage you must have used the Media Creation Tool to create that partition for installing or updating Windows.

• You should now delete that ESD USB partition in Disk Management, it will become unallocated space
    • You also have another 746GB unallocated space on that backup drive
    • Right click and extend the middle partition to claim back all the unallocated on that drive

DaveM121, Jun 21, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Remove 32GB ESD-USB partition after Windows 10 install on SSD - Similar Threads - Remove 32GB ESD

2. ESD-USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ESD-USB: I have installed windows on an external hard drive it had very old photos, when i tried accessing the hard drive again after i have installed windows all the photos and data have been erased and the hard drive name has been changed to ESD-USB format... what do i do to...
  3. ESD-USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ESD-USB: I have installed windows on an external hard drive it had very old photos, when i tried accessing the hard drive again after i have installed windows all the photos and data have been erased and the hard drive name has been changed to ESD-USB format... what do i do to...
  4. USB 3 32GB flashdrive with Windows 10 21H1 update in ESD format. Can I save this to a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB 3 32GB flashdrive with Windows 10 21H1 update in ESD format. Can I save this to a...: I want to keep a copy as my old laptop was not accepting cumulative updates and it took many hours and contacts with Microsoft to get the ESD; I understand that it can be cloned to another Flash drive but this may take a long time to ascertain as internet searches seem fairly...
  5. USB 3 32GB flashdrive with Windows 10 21H1 update in ESD format. Can I save this to a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB 3 32GB flashdrive with Windows 10 21H1 update in ESD format. Can I save this to a...: I want to keep a copy as my old laptop was not accepting cumulative updates and it took many hours and contacts with Microsoft to get the ESD; I understand that it can be cloned to another Flash drive but this may take a long time to ascertain as internet searches seem fairly...
  6. USB 3 32GB flashdrive with Windows 10 21H1 update in ESD format. Can I save this to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 10 Installation size on SSD partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Installation size on SSD partition: I have a 256GB SSD divided into 2 partitions. One is for Win 10. My Win 10 is in a 65GB partition but only uses 35GB at any one time. Can I shrink that partition down and if so, by how much? Thanks! 174919
  8. Part of ssd turned into ESD-USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Part of ssd turned into ESD-USB: Hello, I installed windows 10 on my laptop, by placing the tool on the ssd and then downloading windows. Now 32gb of my 128gb ssd is ESD-USB. Does anyone know a fix so i can get my space back? Thanks! submitted by /u/StannyBoyHero12 [link] [comments]...
  9. 32gb emmc to ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    32gb emmc to ssd: Hello! So i have made a clone on my 250gb ssd. I have set it as boot priority. Windows 10 still wants to update on the emmc insteas of the ssd. Is there a way to disable the emmc? Or to delere windows off of it? I only want to use the SSD from now on for everything. How do...
  10. usb went from 128gb to 32gb after installing windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb went from 128gb to 32gb after installing windows: I used my "expensive" usb stick it was 60 dollars way back when I bought it but it's now like 20, and I used this usb stick to put windows 10 on my new ssd, and now that I want to use the usb again, it is saying that it only has 32gb on it. I tried formatting the usb,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove esd-usb windows 10 partition in windows 10

2. cant delete esd usb from external hard drive

3. remove esd-usb wheh installibg

4. remove esd usb after install,
  5. esd-usb partition after fresh install