Windows 10: Remove a deleted Work or School account from Windows 10

Discus and support Remove a deleted Work or School account from Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft account that has been deleted and no longer exists. Unfortunately, my Windows 10 PC has remembered this account, and I get frequent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by andypaxo2, Aug 1, 2021.

1. andypaxo2 Win User

Remove a deleted Work or School account from Windows 10

I have a Microsoft account that has been deleted and no longer exists. Unfortunately, my Windows 10 PC has remembered this account, and I get frequent notifications from Windows to tell me that there is a problem with the account. I need to remove this account from Windows.I have seen several posts on this site with the same issue, but no working resolution. Here's an outline of what I've already tried:I cannot click "Remove" as there is no remove button see picture, the problematic account is the one selectedI cannot sign into or out of the account, as it no longer existsI cannot manage the

:)

andypaxo2, Aug 1, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 1, 2021
  3. Can't remove a Work or School account from Windows 10

I found I could not delete the work or school account, because it was likely controlled by a domain controller, which I could no longer log onto.

I found the solution below DOES work, as described by the user Pvandamcom2

Steps:

- In Control Panel, User Accounts, select your account

- Select "instead log on with a local account" and follow the steps

- Then logon, go back to accounts, and go to Access to work and school account

- Click Disconnect for the Work or School Account. The work account dissappeared

- Last step, go back and change logon to be with Microsoft Account instead of
    local account

The work account is no longer displayed

Gary in San Diego, Aug 1, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Fix "Work or School account problem" after deleting an e-mail account.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are receiving an error related to your email account. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When you say “I deleted the e-mail account” do you mean deleting the Microsoft account or deleting the account from your computer?
    • Are you using a Microsoft account to login to the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Accounts, and select
      Access work or school
      from the left pane.
    3. Now, click on the email account and select
      Disconnect
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If this doesn’t work, you may want to try converting the account to a local account and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Accounts and select
      Your info
      from the left pane.
    3. Click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Remove a deleted Work or School account from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove deleted School

2. remove school account from windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove school account from windows 10: Hello, i want to updatate my windows 10 to 11 but i cant because it tells me that my organizations manges update on this pc but when i want to remove my school acount from the pc it tells me "this work or school account cannot be removed by system policy"...
  3. remove school account from windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove school account from windows 10: Hello, i want to updatate my windows 10 to 11 but i cant because it tells me that my organizations manges update on this pc but when i want to remove my school acount from the pc it tells me "this work or school account cannot be removed by system policy"...
  4. remove school account from windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Removing Work or School Account Deletes Data or Not?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing Work or School Account Deletes Data or Not?: I Have a PC which is logged in with a Microsoft account, but now i want to remove that account from work or school and add it to a domain.Will this affect the data on that System? All the User data will be erased? How to retain all that data and still be able to connect to...
  6. Removing Work or School Account Deletes Data or Not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Work or School Account Deletes Data or Not?: I Have a PC which is logged in with a Microsoft account, but now i want to remove that account from work or school and add it to a domain.Will this affect the data on that System? All the User data will be erased? How to retain all that data and still be able to connect to...
  7. Removing Work or School Account Deletes Data or Not?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to remove inactive Work and School account from Windows 10?

How to remove inactive Work and School account from Windows 10?: As you can see here, there is no remove option next to manage. When I click on manage, it brings me to a web page and prompts me to log in to be able to remove the account. The problem is the account is no longer active, so it is impossible to log in. I do not know what to...
  9. How to delete work or school account from Windows 10

How to delete work or school account from Windows 10: A while back my ex had added her school account to my computer so she could use office 365. Then a few months ago I started getting an error notification saying that one of more of my accounts had a problem and needed to be updated. When I checked I saw that it was my ex's...
  10. Remove work or school account from PC

Remove work or school account from PC: I have connected my school account to my PC a few weeks ago and now I'm realizing that some of my settings on my PC are controlled by my school. For example, I can not use a PIN in order to log on since my "organization" controls that setting. I have tried to remove the...