Windows 10: Remove a device from my child's account

Discus and support Remove a device from my child's account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi My wife and I have linked our childrens' device to our Microsoft account. We have two devices showing as connected for one child, by hovering over... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DavidAdler2, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Remove a device from my child's account

Hi

My wife and I have linked our childrens' device to our Microsoft account. We have two devices showing as connected for one child, by hovering over the "see devices" on the right hand side. We wish to remove one device but no matter what we do there is no option to do this. I have tried a right click, selecting a device, screaming at my laptop, you name it I have tried it. All I want to do is remove one device associated with my child's account. Please help, as the forums so far have suggestions which do not match what I see on my screen. I am looking at https://account.microsoft.com/family/ - when I hover over "see devices" on this screen I have no options to do anything.

Thanks

:)

DavidAdler2, Jul 22, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Not to Accept Invitation from a Child Account

Hi Timothy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me try to help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to remove the child account from family safety and add it again. Follow the below steps to remove the child account.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled Select a child to view or edit their settings.

• To remove an adult, including the account you used to sign in with, choose Remove at the top of the Adults section. If you're the only adult in the family, you'll need to remove all the kids before you can remove yourself.

• Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    Once you remove the account, try to add the account again and check it helps.

https://account.microsoft.com/family#/

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Jan123 Win User

Remove a device from my child's account

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Remove a device from my child's account

1. Remove a device from my child's account - Similar Threads - Remove device child's

2. Removing my child's account from my work laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing my child's account from my work laptop: Ever done a stupid thing? I have. I innocently added my child's Micrsoft account to a profile in Edge, not realising that doing so means that the account is now associated with Windows. Great. Now I can't remove it. It is listed under 'Email & Accounts', but there is no...
  3. Unable to Remove Child Account from My Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Remove Child Account from My Family: I have two separate accounts. I have 1 child linked to a family under the first account and 2 children linked to the family under the second account. I'm attempting to remove the child from the first family account and then add them to the second family account so all 3...
  4. Unable to Remove Child Account from My Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Remove Child Account from My Family: I have two separate accounts. I have 1 child linked to a family under the first account and 2 children linked to the family under the second account. I'm attempting to remove the child from the first family account and then add them to the second family account so all 3...
  5. Removing child from family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...
  6. Removing child from family account

Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...
  7. Remove a child account from computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove a child account from computer: Hello,I accidentally selected my son's account at some point as associated with my account when updating my computer. Now, my PC acts as if my computer is my son's and it applies all the child restrictions I've set for him. I have to ask myself for permission for extra time...
  8. Remove a child account from computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove a child account from computer: Hello,I accidentally selected my son's account at some point as associated with my account when updating my computer. Now, my PC acts as if my computer is my son's and it applies all the child restrictions I've set for him. I have to ask myself for permission for extra time...
  9. Remove a child account from computer

10. Remove my own child account from an adult account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove my own child account from an adult account: I am 17 years old and got a new laptop for my birthday. Signed into my Microsoft account and noticed under "Family" that I am listed as a child under a person that is not my parent. How do I remove myself from their adult account so that they can't control my restrictions and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft family remove device from child