Windows 10: Remove a display language?

Discus and support Remove a display language? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! So I wanted to free up some disk space on my PC, and found out, there are some features of English UK language. I'm using the English US both as my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jointke, May 13, 2020.

1. jointke Win User

Remove a display language?

Hi!
    So I wanted to free up some disk space on my PC, and found out, there are some features of English UK language.
    I'm using the English US both as my display language, and the keyboard layout.

Remove a display language? fd610e47-21e7-45b5-8b89-53b899bbcb0a?upload=true.png

I'm 100% sure, that I don't need such additions. Anyway, when I wanted to remove them, i got redirected to Time & Language > Language, and when i got here, i got really confused on what to do. I've also noticed, that the language "English UK" is present on the Display Languages list, and not elsewhere. I'd really like to make my boss happy, and remove these features.

I've also tried a solution with Powershell as mentioned here, but the Powershell just lists Eng-US and Polish my input languages so I don't think i can remove the UK one from there.

:)

jointke, May 13, 2020

2. Removing Language

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre Da Costa, May 13, 2020
  3. Can't remove a language

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre Da Costa, May 13, 2020
  4. Remove a display language?

change language display on windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for your interest on Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Japanese language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Japanese language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Remove a display language?

1. Remove a display language? - Similar Threads - Remove display language

2. How to remove unnecessary language form the Windows display language list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove unnecessary language form the Windows display language list?: Unfortunately, I have chosen English UK language when I set up Windows on my laptop.Now I want to remove this language pack, I set up English US and set it as default and I removed English UK, but English UK still remain in the Window display list and moreover, after each...
  3. How to remove unnecessary language form the Windows display language list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove unnecessary language form the Windows display language list?: Unfortunately, I have chosen English UK language when I set up Windows on my laptop.Now I want to remove this language pack, I set up English US and set it as default and I removed English UK, but English UK still remain in the Window display list and moreover, after each...
  4. Display language removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display language removal: Please don't tell me to go to settings, time and language and after that to language & region just to tell me to install some other language pack and then to just select that one. My problem starts with the fact that I have already done that, I have windows 11 installed in...
  5. Display language removal

Display language removal: Please don't tell me to go to settings, time and language and after that to language & region just to tell me to install some other language pack and then to just select that one. My problem starts with the fact that I have already done that, I have windows 11 installed in...
  6. How to Remove the Keyboard for the Windows Display Language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove the Keyboard for the Windows Display Language?: On my Windows 10 system, I use EnglishUS as the display language and also have Korean, Japanese and Chinese keyboards additionally installed.The problem is that since CJK keyboards all come with switchable qwerty mode, there's no point in keeping the US keyboard, and it's...
  7. How to Remove the Keyboard for the Windows Display Language?

How to Remove the Keyboard for the Windows Display Language?: On my Windows 10 system, I use EnglishUS as the display language and also have Korean, Japanese and Chinese keyboards additionally installed.The problem is that since CJK keyboards all come with switchable qwerty mode, there's no point in keeping the US keyboard, and it's...
  8. How to Remove Display Language Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Remove Display Language Keyboard?: I always had problems in Windows 10 to define my language preference: Display language = US English and keyboard language Swedish! And I do not want something else no keyboard language switch!. Some updates ago I managed finally to define this only language combination, I...
  9. Removing the system display language from the input languages WIN10-64

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing the system display language from the input languages WIN10-64: Hello, I have my display language set as English. In addition I have Finnish and Russian inputs installed. Since the Finnish keyboard can do anything the English one can, I have no need for English to be given as an input option, and I'd like to be able to switch between...
  10. I can't remove a language from the list of display languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't remove a language from the list of display languages: I bought a Lenovo pc in China that runs under a windows 10 pro system. However, when I tried to remove Chinese from the display language list, I found it interesting how Chinese could still be an option after I uninstalled the language pack. Chinese characters appear...