Windows 10: remove a document on background screen

Discus and support remove a document on background screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I inadvertently put a document in the background screen. How do I remove it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SteveMcDonnell1, Feb 12, 2019.

1. remove a document on background screen

I inadvertently put a document in the background screen. How do I remove it?

:)

SteveMcDonnell1, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Nath Bea Win User

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 12, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

remove a document on background screen

Office 365 - removing recent documents

You would need to go to the app that was used for that document and remove it from the recent documents list within the app. For example if a Word document shows up in the list and you want to remove it; open Word and then in the recent documents list within Word right click on the entry you want to remove and select Remove from list.

philc43, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

remove a document on background screen

1. remove a document on background screen - Similar Threads - remove document background

2. Background Removal Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Removal Problem: So I was trying to make changes to the background removal of my image in Photos by using the background brush tool, HOWEVER when I tried to save the image those changes never made it. In fact I tried to use every saving method possible to see if I can still preserve the...
  3. Background Removal Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background Removal Problem: So I was trying to make changes to the background removal of my image in Photos by using the background brush tool, HOWEVER when I tried to save the image those changes never made it. In fact I tried to use every saving method possible to see if I can still preserve the...
  4. Background Removal Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. how to remove the black screen background

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to remove the black screen background: my computer screen is showing a black ground for contrast but it is causing more problem --how can i remove it and go back the way it was clear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-the-black-screen-background/3a7f1ea2-f595-4a54-96bb-c2923d02d639
  6. how to remove the black screen background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove the black screen background: my computer screen is showing a black ground for contrast but it is causing more problem --how can i remove it and go back the way it was clear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-the-black-screen-background/3a7f1ea2-f595-4a54-96bb-c2923d02d639
  7. how to remove the black screen background

8. Removing the lock screen background picture.

Removing the lock screen background picture.: I need a help. How shoud I remove my own pictures as the background for my lock screen?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-the-lock-screen-background-picture/82c1d201-b55b-424d-b3c4-3d087ad999d1
  9. Removing Background on Pictures

Removing Background on Pictures: Why under Picture Tools, do I only have the option for Rotate right or left and view slide show or set as background? I want to delete the background of a picture. Is this possible?...
  10. document and file backgrounds

document and file backgrounds: Hi, im using windows 10 and when I open any of my word documents, it has a black background and all the letters is in white. Please help me fix this issue! Thanks!...