Windows 10: Remove a driver I installed in error?

Discus and support Remove a driver I installed in error? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had a slight brain fart earlier today and installed a driver (via the .inf file) for which I don't have the matching hardware. How do I get rid of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by perdrix, Apr 26, 2019.

1. perdrix Win User

Remove a driver I installed in error?

I had a slight brain fart earlier today and installed a driver (via the .inf file) for which I don't have the matching hardware.

How do I get rid of it properly? As the device was never present (and can't be as I have no PCI-X slots) it doesn't show up in device manager ...

Thanks
    David

:)

perdrix, Apr 26, 2019
  2. GIL
    Gil Win User

Error message appear after installed softmod driver

hey all,

As the title suggest i am having problems with softmod driver. Now it started givin me warning with following output.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: ati2mtag
    Event Category: CPLIB
    Event ID: 52225
    Date: 18/07/2005
    Time: 14:07:18
    User: N/A
    Computer: *********
    Description:
    CPLIB :: Open Session - Failed to load the library
    ------------------------------------------------
    It's no such error if I install official driver. Older ATI drivers where removed before installation with driver cleaner.

System: AMD1700+, KT266A with 4in1 4.43, 512M, ATI 9500

3. DarkEgo Win User
    Error when installing Win7

when Installing Windows 7 I get an error saying ""A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step." What should I do to get Windows to install?

DarkEgo, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Remove a driver I installed in error?

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Remove a driver I installed in error? :confused:

oli_ramsay, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Remove a driver I installed in error?

1. Remove a driver I installed in error? - Similar Threads - Remove driver installed

2. ERROR INSTALLING AUDIO DRIVER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERROR INSTALLING AUDIO DRIVER: I have the same problem with you guys. Unfortunately i tried the same steps you've shared but unfortunately it's not working, i also tried in DEVICE MANAGER > no audio or sound related seen here trying to go ACTION > ADD HARDWARE // INSTALL THE HARDWARE MANUALLY > SOUND VIDEO...
  3. ERROR INSTALLING AUDIO DRIVER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ERROR INSTALLING AUDIO DRIVER: I have the same problem with you guys. Unfortunately i tried the same steps you've shared but unfortunately it's not working, i also tried in DEVICE MANAGER > no audio or sound related seen here trying to go ACTION > ADD HARDWARE // INSTALL THE HARDWARE MANUALLY > SOUND VIDEO...
  4. Driver Install Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Install Error: Hey, i just got this new USB camera, and it wasn't showing up in any software.I checked in Device Manager, and it showed a yellow triangle next to the device. I clicked "Update Driver" and clicked on "Automatically find Drivers on this pc"Windows did find the right driver,...
  5. Driver Install Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Install Error: Hey, i just got this new USB camera, and it wasn't showing up in any software.I checked in Device Manager, and it showed a yellow triangle next to the device. I clicked "Update Driver" and clicked on "Automatically find Drivers on this pc"Windows did find the right driver,...
  6. Driver Update installed a driver but I want to remove it from the system. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Update installed a driver but I want to remove it from the system. Windows 10: Windows 10 Updates has installed a driver I want to remove but unable to find a way to remove it. I can see it in the "Update History" but there is no way to tell Windows to remove the driver from there. The driver in question for me is the "Vyacheslav Frolov - CNCPorts"...
  7. Remove drivers installed by windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove drivers installed by windows: Hey, I'm trying to install windows on a VM, with a GPU passed through. I have done it multiple times before, but I'm encountering an issue : The drivers windows automatically installed for this AMD gpu makes the VM reboot multiple times. I suppose a BSOD happens that I cannot...
  8. Unable to install driver after removing

Unable to install driver after removing: When Windows Hello stopped working on my PC I decided to reinstall the driver. So I removed this driver but wasn’t able to install it again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-driver-after-removing/06147c53-49ae-44d9-a4ef-2b304b2a87f7
  9. How to remove old installed driver permanently?

How to remove old installed driver permanently?: Hi, I have Bluetooth Toshiba RFBUS driver installed already which was from my old Bluetooth dongle. I purchased new USB Bluetooth because the old one is not working on Windows 10. This new USB has a different driver but the problem is whenever I plug this device the old...
  10. I can't install a driver because of this error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install a driver because of this error: The Windows Help program is not supported in Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 or later versions of Windows Server. The Windows Help program is available for Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 only. When I try to follow the suggestions to "update the 32 bit help", I get a message...