Windows 10: Remove a language from Video

Discus and support Remove a language from Video in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everone, So, I have have this video file and it posesses two language options in the audiomenu when playing it with the Windows 10 default media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Notchle, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Remove a language from Video

Hey everone,

So, I have have this video file and it posesses two language options in the audiomenu when playing it with the Windows 10 default media player. It is set to Spanish by default and I need to switch it to English manually every time I open it. How do I set English as the default language for the video or remove the spanish audio file? I havent found anything on Google, since the results only show you how to switch the OS Language.

submitted by /u/Notchle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Notchle, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

?remove language from language list in language indicator

Hi Mahamedsamy,

Follow the steps below and check if you are able to remove language.

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language.
    • Select a language and click on Remove.
    Do let us know the status. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Remove a language from Video

Removing Language

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre Da Costa, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Remove a language from Video

1. Remove a language from Video - Similar Threads - Remove language Video

2. How to remove a language from the keyboard switcher without removing the language entirely

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove a language from the keyboard switcher without removing the language entirely: HI,I have two languages set up on my environment: French and English.My problem is that I only want English keyboard layouts. But I want the French language to remain because I use it for text-to-speech.When I click on the keyboard layout selector, this is what I see:I want...
  3. Can't remove language from language bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove language from language bar: I have installed windows 11 by upgrading from windows 10.I have only 2 languages on windows 10.After on Windows 11 I have now 4 languages 1 Ukrainian with 2 keyboards, and can't remove second one.And I have 2 English keyboards - US, GBI have added these languages to Language...
  4. Can't remove language from language bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove language from language bar: I have installed windows 11 by upgrading from windows 10.I have only 2 languages on windows 10.After on Windows 11 I have now 4 languages 1 Ukrainian with 2 keyboards, and can't remove second one.And I have 2 English keyboards - US, GBI have added these languages to Language...
  5. Removing language from Windows 11 language bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing language from Windows 11 language bar: Hi. Recently moved to Windows 11. So far had no issues with it, except with language bar. I removed one of the languages I'm not using frequently, but after restart it showed up again. I checked keyboard settings and its absent from there, but still showing up in my language...
  6. Removing language from Windows 11 language bar

Removing language from Windows 11 language bar: Hi. Recently moved to Windows 11. So far had no issues with it, except with language bar. I removed one of the languages I'm not using frequently, but after restart it showed up again. I checked keyboard settings and its absent from there, but still showing up in my language...
  7. Removing a language from keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing a language from keyboard: [img] I got my new laptop and accidentally added an English-German keyboard on setup. How do I remove it? Thanks 148964
  8. Can't remove a language from the language selector

Can't remove a language from the language selector: After updating I got a problem with extra language in the language selector list. It was not there before update and now I cannot remove it. In the language configuration screen I can see only two, the one I don't need is not present, so I cannot remove it. Here is the...
  9. Removing languages from taskbar

Removing languages from taskbar: I have installed three language keyboards but I don’t need all the languages there. Please, give me advice on how I can remove some of these languages. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-languages-from-taskbar/8ee0215e-cbd8-45f3-a833-dca5354725a6
  10. Remove sound from a video

Remove sound from a video: I have Windows 10. Windows movie maker is "no more". I could easily remove the sound with movie maker, but now I have to use the photo app, and can't find a way of removing the original sound from the video. I can put a new track over the top of the original, but not get rid...