Windows 10: Remove a locked school account from Windows Accounts without signing in

Discus and support Remove a locked school account from Windows Accounts without signing in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have just finished my studies and my student account Microsoft 365 has been locked. Now, I can't seem to remove it from the Settings menu on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DenizUzun1, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Remove a locked school account from Windows Accounts without signing in

I have just finished my studies and my student account Microsoft 365 has been locked. Now, I can't seem to remove it from the Settings menu on my laptop because it requires signing in.Is there a way to remove it without accessing the account through the pop-up login screen in settings?Thank you in advance!

:)

DenizUzun1, Aug 30, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 30, 2021
  3. Eiji T Win User
    Work or school account can't be removed from the device

First of all, are you using a Microsoft account or a local account to sign in to your PC? I really don't see an issue with the current user account if you're trying to remove a different Microsoft account in Settings.

Did you have Office 365 installed before and your work/school account added to it? What does it exactly say when you try to manage that account in Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts? Usually it will open a new windows where you sign in, although even if
    you sign in to it, I don't think you can do anything relevant unless you're one of the administrators for that work/school network.

You can try these steps and see if it will work for you. Please make sure you're sign in to an administrator account in your PC first:

1. Go to Settings > Accounts > Your info

2. Click "Sign in with a local account instead" if your Microsoft account is added. You might be signed out after this step.

3. Sign back in. Then go to Settings > Accounts > Access work or school

4. Click "Disconnect" and see if that works.

If it worked, you can sign your Microsoft account back in.

You can refer to the link below for more info:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-...

Please tell me whatever the results are.

Eiji T, Aug 30, 2021
  4. Zakin Win User

Remove a locked school account from Windows Accounts without signing in

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Remove a locked school account from Windows Accounts without signing in :(

Zakin, Aug 30, 2021
Thema:

Remove a locked school account from Windows Accounts without signing in

1. Remove a locked school account from Windows Accounts without signing in - Similar Threads - Remove locked school

2. remove school account from windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove school account from windows 10: Hello, i want to updatate my windows 10 to 11 but i cant because it tells me that my organizations manges update on this pc but when i want to remove my school acount from the pc it tells me "this work or school account cannot be removed by system policy"...
  3. How to sign in without a work or school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign in without a work or school account: After restring my laptop it ask for a work or school account to sign in and I don’t have one and I can’t bypass this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-in-without-a-work-or-school-account/91764a00-db2b-478c-919e-b2a2e048fbb4
  4. How to sign in without a work or school account

How to sign in without a work or school account: After restring my laptop it ask for a work or school account to sign in and I don’t have one and I can’t bypass this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-in-without-a-work-or-school-account/91764a00-db2b-478c-919e-b2a2e048fbb4
  5. Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated

Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated: Hi peeps, this is a how-to because it took me ages to get this answer and I am sure others have this problem. I even asked windows help desk and they didn't know what to do apart from contact the admin of the school account. So if you have a locked school or work account that...
  6. Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated: Hi peeps, this is a how-to because it took me ages to get this answer and I am sure others have this problem. I even asked windows help desk and they didn't know what to do apart from contact the admin of the school account. So if you have a locked school or work account that...
  7. Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Sign in without school account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in without school account: My windows 10 laptop keeps prompting me to sign in with my work or school microsoft account, but I don't have one anymore, and this is my laptop not my school's. How do I get it to stop asking me?...
  9. Remove an account from school pc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove an account from school pc.: Okay so I signed in to Microsoft PowerPoint on a school pc a few weeks ago and now it has signed me into windows. I have tried to do it my self but to no avail. there is no button for removing the account but I have removed the email. I live in Denmark but I don't know if...
  10. School Account Sign In

School Account Sign In: I go to a MSU and as such I have an account from Microsoft that allows me to access onedrive, word, etc. The problem is I have a new laptop that whenever i am prompted for my Microsoft username, says my account doesn't exist. I can still access my onedrive by signing in but...