Windows 10: Remove a OneNote notebook

Discus and support Remove a OneNote notebook in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In the list of Notebooks in OneNote I have several Items I'm no longer interested in. How do I remove these from the list? Attemps to open them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by theking2, Apr 11, 2020.

1. theking2 Win User

Remove a OneNote notebook

In the list of Notebooks in OneNote I have several Items I'm no longer interested in. How do I remove these from the list? Attemps to open them results in the following messages:

Remove a OneNote notebook 73d96faa-1eeb-49de-906b-4bf798053217?upload=true.png

:)

theking2, Apr 11, 2020
  2. BorisSl Win User

Orphan OneNote notebook after room removal

Hi,

I've created and then removed "Room" for testing purposes, and then remove it. The OneNote notebook, created for this room still present in OneNote notebooks list (opened or closed). How can I remove the link to it from OneNote completely?

BorisSl, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Keep Getting Error From OneNote When Trying to Open Notebook?

Hi Webb842,

OneNote Mobile on Windows Phone 7 will not support opening section groups in a notebook.

To have the sections present in Section groups opened in OneNote Mobile, you can follow the below steps:

• In OneNote Desktop, Select and Right-Click on the section group you want to open in OneNote Mobile.
    • Perform "Copy link" operation
    • Mail yourself the link copied
    • On Phone, tap on OneNote link to open the section group in OneNote mobile as a notebook.
    Hope this helps in solving this issue.

J. Hari Krishna Reddy, Apr 11, 2020
  4. fifer Win User

Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration.
    I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010. This has proved to be impossible. I can view and work with the notebooks in the Windows 10 app, but I can find no way to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010.
    The notebooks are in OneDrive online and I can see them there, but there is no option to open them in OneNote 2010.
    The links to the notebooks show up as internet shortcuts when I view my OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer, but if I try to open any of these in OneNote 2010, nothing happens.
    If I go to OneNote online, there is no option to use OneNote 2010 to open any of my notebooks.
    So am I just being dense? Am I missing something obvious? (It wouldn't be the first time!!)
    Or is there some secret way of doing something that should be simple?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

fifer, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Remove a OneNote notebook - Similar Threads - Remove OneNote notebook

2. OneNote Classroom Notebook Help Needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote Classroom Notebook Help Needed: I am a teacher and using OneNote Classroom Notebook. I accidentally deleted a students notebook that is connected to mine. Is there a way to recover that? I have not removed the student from my class, just accidentally right-clicked and deleted it. Any help is greatly...
  3. OneNote Classroom Notebook Help Needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote Classroom Notebook Help Needed: I am a teacher and using OneNote Classroom Notebook. I accidentally deleted a students notebook that is connected to mine. Is there a way to recover that? I have not removed the student from my class, just accidentally right-clicked and deleted it. Any help is greatly...
  4. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Notebooks Gone in OneNote: Hello,I have come across a problem just last night and can't seem to find ANY of my notebooks. I have been scouring online to find a solution but haven't yet. I have all of my notes in OneNote so I could access work notes from my iPhone while traveling and it works great, I...
  5. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Notebooks Gone in OneNote: Hello,I have come across a problem just last night and can't seem to find ANY of my notebooks. I have been scouring online to find a solution but haven't yet. I have all of my notes in OneNote so I could access work notes from my iPhone while traveling and it works great, I...
  6. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Removing OneNote

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Removing OneNote: I am trying to remove OneNote, it does not show up in Programs and Features. I believe it is part of Microsoft 365, of which I have ver 16.0.13530.20316. Running Windows 10 Pro,Ver 20H2, Build 19042.746 172188
  8. OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open

OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open: Windows 10 version 1909. I have been using the desktop app of OneNote 2010 with no issues until suddenly last week when logging in - using MS account credentials as always before - all pages are no longer visible and "There are no sections open in this notebook or section...
  9. copy a onenote notebook

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy a onenote notebook: I looked at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onenote-mso_other/this-is-how-to-copy-a-onenote-notebook/6c905b62-04da-4f9c-807b-1eebcf2a1313?page=2 But this no longer seems correct information. There is no File menu in version...
  10. Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010: I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration. I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010. This has...