Windows 10: Remove account after NN days of inactivity

Discus and support Remove account after NN days of inactivity in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; It is not something one does not like to speak about often, but death is a fact of life. In this respect Google seems to has an option to remove the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by tfwul, Jul 29, 2020.

1. tfwul Win User

Remove account after NN days of inactivity

It is not something one does not like to speak about often, but death is a fact of life.

In this respect Google seems to has an option to remove the Google account after a certain period of inactivity.
    I think one can set the period (upto 18 months). Google's default is 3 months I believe.
    A good article can be found on helpdeskgeek.com
    How To Activate Google Inactive Account Manager

Google itself doesn't seem to have a kind of Help file showing what pages to expect when starting the "Inactive Account Manager".

Q: Maybe I am overlooking it, but I vainly tried to find something similar within my Outlook account, does Outlook have something similar? (i.e. automatically remove all services after a certain period of inactivity)

First a reminder should be sent to the user, allowing time to respond. User may be on vacation. In case of no response, maybe a 2nd reminder, then if there is still no response, delete all that is related to the account.

:)

tfwul, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Remove an account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to remove the mail account from Mail app.

Removing an account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/remove-account

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

I would like to inform you that if you do not have any other user account created on your computer, you will not be able to remove the account. The only option for you is to convert the existing Microsoft account to Local account.
    You may refer to the following steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account.

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click
      OK
    • Now, login to Local account.

If you want to bypass the login screen and directly enter to desktop without entering the password, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo + R keys.
    • Type netplwiz and Press
      ENTER.
    • Uncheck the box “Users must enter
      a username and password to use this computer” and Click
      Apply.
    • Double click on the User account on which you want to apply this settings.
    • You’ll now be asked to enter the username and password of the account you want to be logged in with automatically
    • Click on OK button.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Remove account after NN days of inactivity

MoneyPoint: inactive accounts

I use MoneyPoint on my Windows 10 PC. I wonder if I could hide inactive accounts that are greyed out. I don’t want to see them listed at all. Thank you

Daniel Steele1, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Remove account after NN days of inactivity

1. Remove account after NN days of inactivity - Similar Threads - Remove account days

2. Windows 365 is automatically deprovisioned after 30 days of inactivity.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 365 is automatically deprovisioned after 30 days of inactivity.: We use VDI and noticed that many employees do not use them or never connect. We would like to configure it so that 30 days after the VDI workstation is not used it will automatically be deprovisioned...
  3. Windows 365 is automatically deprovisioned after 30 days of inactivity.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 365 is automatically deprovisioned after 30 days of inactivity.: We use VDI and noticed that many employees do not use them or never connect. We would like to configure it so that 30 days after the VDI workstation is not used it will automatically be deprovisioned...
  4. Inactive google account policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inactive google account policy: Esr5fyoiuhrteui7fehrd7h7fsiktsrd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inactive-google-account-policy/8ff4b0c8-80b7-4197-bda2-addc8ace8f4e
  5. Inactive google account policy

Inactive google account policy: Esr5fyoiuhrteui7fehrd7h7fsiktsrd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inactive-google-account-policy/8ff4b0c8-80b7-4197-bda2-addc8ace8f4e
  6. WinSxS Removal After 30 Days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinSxS Removal After 30 Days: Is after 30 days then I will analyse component store then it will recommended say yes? What if still not recommended says no. My LCU folder is 939 mb. Can I set only 30 days in task scheduler without click to run?...
  7. WinSxS Removal After 30 Days

WinSxS Removal After 30 Days: Is after 30 days then I will analyse component store then it will recommended say yes? What if still not recommended says no. My LCU folder is 939 mb. Can I set only 30 days in task scheduler without click to run?...
  8. Remove inactive work account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remove inactive work account: I had Microsoft 365 on my personal computer through my previous job. That account has been deactivated, and I purchased my own license for 365. Every time I log onto my computer, it tells me there's a problem with my work or school account. It's annoying! How do I delete...
  9. Account Locked After Months of Inactivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Account Locked After Months of Inactivity: I posted this in r/Microsoft, but I'm hoping someone here might have a solution. I have a Windows 10 PC, but I don't usually sign-in to my Microsoft Account. The last time I used my Microsoft Account was way back in January when I first activated my computer and installed MS...
  10. MoneyPoint: inactive accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    MoneyPoint: inactive accounts: I use MoneyPoint on my Windows 10 PC. I wonder if I could hide inactive accounts that are greyed out. I don’t want to see them listed at all. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moneypoint-inactive-accounts/4da95e17-f0a3-4f34-bc9e-b48b13afe996