Windows 10: Remove accounts ready to give away computer

Discus and support Remove accounts ready to give away computer in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am looking to give my computer away to a friend but to do this, i obviouly need to delete my admin account and all links with my Microsoft account.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by markymark2000, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Remove accounts ready to give away computer

I am looking to give my computer away to a friend but to do this, i obviouly need to delete my admin account and all links with my Microsoft account.

Can i do this without reseting the computer to factory settings as I dont want the computer to revert back to windows 7 (which it originally was before using the free upgrades).

All files are off the computer and updates are (finally) done so i just need the physical account taking off.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

markymark2000, Sep 21, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Random account appeared on login to my computer

Hi Mathew,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I suggest you to try the below steps to remove the user account from your computer.

• Login to your computer through administrator account.

• Press Windows key + r and type
      netplwiz
      , hit Enter.

• Select the user account, you want to remove.

• Click on the Remove button.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Remove accounts ready to give away computer

Remove an account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to remove the mail account from Mail app.

Removing an account

Outlook help - Office Support

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

I would like to inform you that if you do not have any other user account created on your computer, you will not be able to remove the account. The only option for you is to convert the existing Microsoft account to Local account.
    You may refer to the following steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account.

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click
      OK
    • Now, login to Local account.

If you want to bypass the login screen and directly enter to desktop without entering the password, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo + R keys.
    • Type netplwiz and Press
      ENTER.
    • Uncheck the box “Users must enter
      a username and password to use this computer” and Click
      Apply.
    • Double click on the User account on which you want to apply this settings.
    • You’ll now be asked to enter the username and password of the account you want to be logged in with automatically
    • Click on OK button.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Remove accounts ready to give away computer

1. Remove accounts ready to give away computer - Similar Threads - Remove accounts ready

2. Grand Price Give Away Notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grand Price Give Away Notification: Hey Guys,Above notification appeared on my laptop for the second time now and I don't know what it is. Possibly a scam or something. Could anyone help on recognizing this please?...
  3. Grand Price Give Away Notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grand Price Give Away Notification: Hey Guys,Above notification appeared on my laptop for the second time now and I don't know what it is. Possibly a scam or something. Could anyone help on recognizing this please?...
  4. windows license in giving away a pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows license in giving away a pc: Hi, I'm getting a brand new pc and am gifting my old one to my brother. I want to format the drives before I give it to him. Does this erase windows 10 and if/if not will he need to get a new license? It's a volume_mak license. Also will my license stay on the old pc and is...
  5. Giving the laptop away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Giving the laptop away: Hi, I plan to give my Toshiba laptop away to a national charity. The laptop is running Windows 10 Home [Reset today] downloaded from Cloud for complete erasure of previous details. However because I am shown as Administrator, that appears to be overiding the Reset since...
  6. I need to reset my computer before giving it away.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need to reset my computer before giving it away.: I removed all of my files and the ran CCleaner to wipe the free spaces with 7 over-writes. I have tried resetting my computer 2 times and on the restart I get a message the reset failed and no changes were made to the computer. I still have windows and the Edge browser, but...
  7. Remove myself as administrator in PC I'm giving away.

Remove myself as administrator in PC I'm giving away.: I did a reset of my PC, but during the Windows install, it required my login. I am the administrator. I'm giving the PC away. So how do I set a default Administrator without an email address? Do I simply remove my profile?...
  8. Giving away my PC to a nephew

Giving away my PC to a nephew: I have this old Dell I am shipping to my nephew soon. I'm getting rid of it because of the upgrade hassles and I already have a newer one that updates fine. The problem that caused me to want to get rid of it is because every time Windows releases a new version number it...
  9. Give computer away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Give computer away: I want to give my computer to someone, how do I remove me as a user (and add them)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/give-computer-away/3c778260-9916-4a1c-83be-ddd62551dff4"
  10. ready to give up

ready to give up: Hello everyone, Well, it's day 5 of my Windows 10 upgrade attempts! I have literally been trying to do this for the past 5 days and have gotten absolutely nowhere!! I have followed all the instructions from here and everywhere else I could to fix this, but nothing is...