Windows 10: Remove Acronis folder from EFI partition

Discus and support Remove Acronis folder from EFI partition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi , Acronis True Image gave me a lot of headache. I uninstalled it using revo uninstaller. However, when i use a partition master and explore the EFI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ItkuPitku, Nov 27, 2020.

1. ItkuPitku Win User

Remove Acronis folder from EFI partition

Hi ,

Acronis True Image gave me a lot of headache. I uninstalled it using revo uninstaller. However, when i use a partition master and explore the EFI folder. I can see a folder called Acronis. In this Acronis folder there are two files. Bootwiz.efi and Bootwiz.XML.

Can I remove this Acronis folder. If so how do I remove it?

:)

ItkuPitku, Nov 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 EFI partitions aren't right!

I have restored a Windows 10 system hard disk from an Acronis True Image backup. The result, displayed in the disk management tool, is a disk with two EFI system partitions. One is 4.19 GB, the other is 1026 GB. On a 2 TB hard drive, this leaves only 830
    GB for system and other files.

Windows starts, but the setup of this HD is clearly wrong - there should be one 500 MB EFI partition, as there was on the original system HD.

Any suggestions for figuring out whether I can remove one of the two EFI partitions, and reduce the size of the other, would be welcome.

Thanks.

Richard_Sp, Nov 27, 2020
  3. trog100 Win User
    Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Remove Acronis folder from EFI partition :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Nov 27, 2020
  4. dictum Win User

Which tool to recover the EFI partition? Booted into Rescue Disk

That's not what they suggest here:

FIX: Steps to Fix Winload.EFI Error - Appuals.com

Winload.EFI Error, is pretty much self explanatory by it’s name is an error that prevents windows from loading. This is usually caused by corrupt boot records or incorrect boot configuration. Depending on your Operating System, the error message may vary but the keyword winload.efi will be same. On a Windows 8/8.1/10 system, the error usually pops-up in the following form.

dictum, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Remove Acronis folder from EFI partition - Similar Threads - Remove Acronis folder

2. Is it safe to remove this "RST" entry from the EFI System Partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to remove this "RST" entry from the EFI System Partition?: the output of `bcdedit /enum firmware` is the following: Firmware Boot Manager --------------------- identifier {fwbootmgr} displayorder {bootmgr} {eb730034-e0bc-11ed-94cc-806e6f6e6963} {f379c659-0d9c-11ee-94ff-806e6f6e6963} {eb73002e-e0bc-11ed-94cc-806e6f6e6963} timeout 0...
  3. Is it safe to remove this "RST" entry from the EFI System Partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to remove this "RST" entry from the EFI System Partition?: the output of `bcdedit /enum firmware` is the following: Firmware Boot Manager --------------------- identifier {fwbootmgr} displayorder {bootmgr} {eb730034-e0bc-11ed-94cc-806e6f6e6963} {f379c659-0d9c-11ee-94ff-806e6f6e6963} {eb73002e-e0bc-11ed-94cc-806e6f6e6963} timeout 0...
  4. EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EFI Partition: Attached below is a screenshot of my disk managerI would like to make my C drive adjacent to the unallocated space so that I can expand the C drive into the 97 free gb. Is there a way I can move the EFI partition so that the C drive is adjacent to the unallocated space.Also...
  5. EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EFI Partition: Attached below is a screenshot of my disk managerI would like to make my C drive adjacent to the unallocated space so that I can expand the C drive into the 97 free gb. Is there a way I can move the EFI partition so that the C drive is adjacent to the unallocated space.Also...
  6. EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to remove EFI System Partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove EFI System Partition: This problem did not exist before but I must have messed something up. How it looks currently: https://i.imgur.com/mXvgQBY.png How it used to look (from another pc): https://i.imgur.com/RuvuIWf.png Is there anyway to transfer the EFI things into the C drive? I have tried...
  8. Delete second EFI partition after removing Linux partition from dual boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete second EFI partition after removing Linux partition from dual boot: [ATTACH] Hi, I've recently uninstalled Linux from my system by just deleting the volume from Windows 10's disk management utility. I tried to delete the second EFI partition I created during the Linux installation [twice - once Kubuntu and once Manjaro]. When I used...
  9. Can I remove the EFI Partition from a non system disk?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I remove the EFI Partition from a non system disk?: I have a drive that I want to use as a backup drive for a Windows 10 machine. The problem is the old drive has a boot partition on it that is making Windows 10 go nuts every time I plug it in. If I wait until after the machine boots and then plug it in via USB adapter then I...
  10. Command line to remove contents from an EFI partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Command line to remove contents from an EFI partition: This computer has a working windows 10 professional version 1703 build 15063.296 now. Last month I had had a problem where I was unable to upgrade from windows 10 version 1607 to version 1703 with error code 0xc1900200. To learn from this problem any information on how to...