Windows 10: Remove Action Needed prompt while connecting to WiFi network in Windows 10

Discus and support Remove Action Needed prompt while connecting to WiFi network in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]At times, you may have noticed that your Windows 10 displays an Action needed prompt while connecting to a WiFi network. This can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 7, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Remove Action Needed prompt while connecting to WiFi network in Windows 10

WinClub, Jan 7, 2020

2. Can't uncheck WIFI "Connect Automatically"

Hi,

Have you tried removing the network from the list? Your network credentials may still be saved on your Wifi settings.

We suggest you to remove the preferred network and reconnect it. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows icon.
    • Click Settings.
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • On the left pane, click Wifi.
    • Click on link Manage Wifi Settings.
    • There is prompt, click on Manage known networks
    • Select the network you want to forget.
    Once you remove the network it will no longer appear on the list. You may need to reconnect it, if you want.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Turn of push notice 'action required Wifi' Lumia 950

Hi, Kittyvan H.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Turn WiFi search off, when you don’t need it, by taping on WiFi quick action button or by managing your
    WiFi notification by following these steps:

• Slide your finger downwards on the screen.
    • Press All settings.
    • Press Network & wireless.
    • Press WiFi. and then select Wi-Fi Sense.
    • Turn on/off "Connect to suggested open hotspots".
    • Uncheck "Show a notification banner when action is needed from me".

Let us know if it works.

Marcel Dio, Jan 7, 2020
  4. legend383 Win User

"Can't connect to this network."

I just bought a wifi card for my windows 10 desktop (a tp-link archer t8e) and cannot connect to my network.

I have the wifi icon on the tray, I can get a list of available networks but after entering the wpa key for my network it just shows the message "Can't connect to this network."

Network diagnosis just suggested connecting to a wifi network (why didn't I think of that...), does anyone here have any clue as to what the problem could be?

UPDATE: Just noticed that the wifi adapter is being disabled briefly just after I enter the network password, no idea what's going on.

legend383, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Remove Action Needed prompt while connecting to WiFi network in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove Action Needed

2. Network Errors While Connected to WiFi SUDDEN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Errors While Connected to WiFi SUDDEN: I have had my laptop for about 2 years now and have had zero issues and it would connect to websites and services as it usually would. The next day, I noticed that I began receiving a lot of ERR_CONNECTION_RESET, SSL, and DNS_PROBE errors on all of my browsers on multiple...
  3. Network Errors While Connected to WiFi SUDDEN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Errors While Connected to WiFi SUDDEN: I have had my laptop for about 2 years now and have had zero issues and it would connect to websites and services as it usually would. The next day, I noticed that I began receiving a lot of ERR_CONNECTION_RESET, SSL, and DNS_PROBE errors on all of my browsers on multiple...
  4. Wifi/network Connectivity Prompt to shut off

Wifi/network Connectivity Prompt to shut off: When i turn on the laptop, the connectivity is okay, the problem starts while i was trying to search anything in google chrome or i was trying to run any online game. The wifi is prompting to off, when i was trying to reconnect it showed "Can't connect to this network". I...
  5. Removing Boot prompts/Unwanted actions

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing Boot prompts/Unwanted actions: After some changes to HDD partitions I'm getting two prompts on bootup. (See Images) I eventually removed the first one by following these instructions Use the search option in the taskbar and enter secpol. msc then click on it in the search results. Under Local Policies,...
  6. Wifi action needed

Wifi action needed: The PC doesn't connect to the WiFi even if I check "Connect automatically". It says "Action needed" instead of connecting automatically. When I click on "action needed", an ad opens up with bosch website. How do I disable the feature so that WiFi connects automatically...
  7. Wifi Connection Action Needed

Wifi Connection Action Needed: When i connect to wifi from my Mobile hotspot on my laptop showing "Action Needed". After connecting to wifi its redirecting to "https://www.msn.com/en-xl/?ocid=wispr&pc=u477" this link. And in my wifi section its showing "No Connection, secured" but internet is working....
  8. Further actions needed for Network connection (Login in Browser)

Further actions needed for Network connection (Login in Browser): Hi, Sometimes I need to login to Wifi networks and after connecting to it, I get no Internet connection ... there are two types * I got a notification that there are further actions needed to do in my browser to complete the login to the network * The browser is...
  9. RE: Wifi Network "Can't Connect to This Network" Prompt

RE: Wifi Network "Can't Connect to This Network" Prompt: Greetings, Using Windows 10 Pro, I'm no longer able to secure an internet connection via WiFi. The ethernet connect is fine. The Qualcomm Atheros wireless network adaptor is functioning fine per testing, therefore, the issue is not hardware related. Windows performed an...
  10. Disable auto-disconnect on "Action needed" Wifi networks

Disable auto-disconnect on "Action needed" Wifi networks: Some WiFi networks (mostly public hotspots) requires to accept conditions, login or choose tarif. During this time is WiFi without internet connection and WiFi is marked as "Action Needed". If I not complete the action in some time, the WiFi disconnect and there is no attempt...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Remove Action Needed prompt while connecting to WiFi network

2. If youre getting Action needed prompt while connecting to public or corporate WiFi networks in Windows 10

3. how to avoid action needed on wifi networks